Hydaelyn Role-Players
An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. (/showthread.php?tid=1434)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. - Ryanti - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 02:12 PM)allgivenover Wrote: XIII-2 also outsold Xillia overall. That's just the first week of sales. It went on to sell something like 2.2 million worldwide. Which is pretty damn sad for a Final Fantasy game. Once again, I'm not making any statements about one game being better or worse than another. I'm certainly having more fun with Graces f than I did with XIII.

And you're right, they really don't value advertising here at all. Hopefully Tales of Graces f selling decently (sucks that 200k copies is decent) here in the states will convince them it's worth the effort to localize more or perhaps go through the effort of running an ad or two.

Their marketing has been the fault of everything about them not making money. They expect tons of revenue while at the same time, not spending a dime on advertising over here. I mean, what do they expect? Though with Graces, it wasn't really... like a major thing, like Vesperia was. No one in the fanbase were really jumping for joy over it.

Didn't Vesperia sell 500k here? I don't remember. But that's a large figure for a game with 0 advertising.

But anyway. You're forgetting that a good chunk of XIII-2's sales were worldwide, and Xilia hasn't been released worldwide, so while XIII-2 probably has passed Xilia by now, I wouldn't make an assumption until Xilia has also released worldwide.

Though beating them in the first week is a big friggin' deal too.

RE: An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. - allgivenover - 02-26-2013

Depends entirely on if and how they bring Xillia over. I don't recall Vesperia sales here in NA, but I remember it being not enough for them, which is why they really dragged their feet on bringing Graces over.

I pretty much agree that it's mostly Bandai's fault. They don't understand the western market at all, or even how to begin marketing to it

RE: An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. - taltale - 02-26-2013

I'm going to skip past the conversation about which game sold more copies. Honestly, that doesn't really make a difference to me. I know that this is an important factor that plays into determining how good the public perceives the game to be, but as long as I would be able to enjoy it, obviously, I'd be more than happy.

I'm just excited to hear that Tales of Vesperia is such and engaging game. Usually, I get super involved in the stories of games/anime/books, etc. It's pretty much what drives my life lol and so far, this series really intrigues my interest.

I think I may be sold!

I wonder though, if it is made for any additional consoles other than Xbox 360 and PS3 for the reason that I don't own an Xbox and the PS3 version seems to be a Japan import (I can't read much Japanese)..as of yet, I haven't found anything.

RE: An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. - Ryanti - 02-26-2013

(02-26-2013, 06:55 PM)taltale Wrote: I'm going to skip past the conversation about which game sold more copies. Honestly, that doesn't really make a difference to me. I know that this is an important factor that plays into determining how good the public perceives the game to be, but as long as I would be able to enjoy it, obviously, I'd be more than happy.

I'm just excited to hear that Tales of Vesperia is such and engaging game. Usually, I get super involved in the stories of games/anime/books, etc. It's pretty much what drives my life lol and so far, this series really intrigues my interest.

I think I may be sold!

I wonder though, if it is made for any additional consoles other than Xbox 360 and PS3 for the reason that I don't own an Xbox and the PS3 version seems to be a Japan import (I can't read much Japanese)..as of yet, I haven't found anything.

There's Tales of Symphonia for the Gamecube. Which was the #1 Tales game for a very long time. In my opinion I would put it right underneath Vesperia.

However, older Tales games are hard to get by and might cost a bit much.. I got mine for $72 (Symphonia) in like.. 2009?

Hell, Vesperia still goes for $30-40 4 1/2 years later.

RE: An Introduction Two Years In The Making.. - taltale - 02-27-2013

Okay thanks! I'll look into it and see what I can find.