Hydaelyn Role-Players
WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) (/showthread.php?tid=14395)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Parth Makeo - 11-25-2015

[DISCLAIMER: I merely wish to just talk about this topic with those who play FF14 and do not wish to start any flame war between both games over which is better. This is not a debate. This is about world of warcraft and those who have played/still play. By no means will i side with either game as the better. Thank you]

Let's talk about World of Warcraft-

*Narrowly misses a Tonberry Plushie being tossed at*

HEY! Keep those objects down! I'm just bored and want to talk a bit about a well known (and often hated lately) game that people will most likely rip my throat out for. I'm curious if any of the people here are still playing wow in any way or just feel like taking their relic weapon and smashing the thread over and over until it's deleted. Love or hate it, the game has done plenty of things both good and bad. This is where you can let out your frustration/anger/hate or your love/devotion/joy of the game without bringing in other games for comparison. I'll get things started...

I'm waiting to see if legion will be good as they said. So far the data-mining for it is coming along nicely and i'm starting to enjoy how the mage class order hall is going to be. Yet i am still not hyped for it. After the crap that was WOD, i've been very...weary about this Xpac. Blizz dung themselves an even deeper hole than before. So let's hope they don't dig up and cause a cave in on this.

As well it's currently on sale to get the game if you are thinking of getting into it or back into the game. I cannot promise you that Legion will be the best Xpac but it shows promise to be better than Warlords of Draenor. 
---
I wish to extend my hand and share my character with you all in the event you want to find me in wow for some weird reason. Or if you want to do RAF then message me your Email address and i can send you something ingame. 300% EXP booster with free level gains while we level together and summon friend to each other. I'm very helpful and noob friendly as well to those who wish to come on in. I'll even get you a space in the guild for casual level.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/aerie-peak/Yukaria/simple
---
And with that out of the way...

*Prepares Hallowed Ground*

Fire Away.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Warren Castille - 11-25-2015

Between the datamined spoiler quests, the returning NPCs and the direction of the class distinction (AND YOU GET AN ASHBRINGER! AND YOU GET AN ASHBRINGER!) I'm officially no longer interested in WoW. I've got a still-sealed time card and copy of Warlords on my bookshelf and will likely keep them just as a reminder.

It's a shame, because I liked my time there.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Berrod Armstrong - 11-25-2015

I've been done since the day before Siege of Orgrimmar came out and I have no regrets. I loved the game at one point, but I'm really not interested in what it's become.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - No Longer Exists - 11-25-2015

[THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER]

That is all.

I will eventually return to WoW, it's sadly inevitable. However, I have no real input to add to this conversation.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - -no longer matters- - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 05:21 PM)Black Hat Wrote: [THUNDERFURY, BLESSED BLADE OF THE WINDSEEKER]

That is all.

I will eventually return to WoW, it's sadly inevitable. However, I have no real input to add to this conversation.
Yep, Legion has me psyched. So I'll be going back for at the very least the leveling story Next year.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Parth Makeo - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 05:21 PM)Black Hat Wrote: I have no real input to add to this conversation.
It's quite alright. :3 I know some people who just got into the game who are enjoying it as fresh lowbie people even with the little content there is at the time.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Zetchryn - 11-25-2015

I have a varied love-hate relationship with WoW. On the one hand, it's how I found my current love interest, the woman I've been staying with for going on four years now.

On the other hand, they made Warlords.

While I'm excited about, say, actually being able to play a Demon Hunter. While I'm excited about a few other things, as well... I don't think I'll ever return to WoW with the same intensity I once did.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - -no longer matters- - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 05:48 PM)Zetchryn Wrote: <snip>
I don't think I'll ever return to WoW with the same intensity I once did.
I can agree with that statement, I don't think I'll ever be a raider again, I don't think I'll ever rep grind like I did. But I do keep going back at least to get to level cap.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Cato - 11-25-2015

I used to really love the game in the past. It was my primary MMO and I have a lot of fond memories. I even met my partner through it. Yet we've both become very disillusioned with the direction that the game has gone in during the last few expansions. Cataclysm was the start of my distaste and every expansion since then has just convinced me that taking my leave was for the best.

I do miss my blood elf, though:

http://orig00.deviantart.net/1df8/f/2014/241/1/8/solbranthius_dawnsurge_by_rinacane-d7x7yk2.jpg

The idea of playing a Demon Hunter intrigues me since I have a thing for buff, shirtless elves...but Blizzard haven't convinced me that they are capable of keeping me invested once a new expansion launches. FFXIV isn't perfect but we get fresh content on a fairly consistent basis - whereas WoW struggles to pump out new content for up to a year at a time in some cases.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - Virella - 11-25-2015

Doubt I will go back, simply for the reason that well, the roleplay here is one of the best quality roleplay communities I've seen, and I got no desire to return to WoW for that.

Had a blast in the past with the game, but I will not return. No interest in the PvE there, no interest in the RP, no interest in PvP either on WoW. I got my old WoW buddies on Skype, so that's not a reason either to return.

(11-25-2015, 06:26 PM)Virella Wrote: no interest in PvP either on WoW.
Wow's PVP (well until legion since i hope it helps...) from the very start has been tacked on. Even when they tried to make PVP content you could tell there is literally no content for it compared to PVE. That and Balancing issues.

Believe me, I tell anyone interested in wow PVP to go play games that were built around PVP like TF2, Counter strike and even DOTA/HOTS/LOL. Next Xpac is said to remove the need for PVP gear (Ala vanilla wow) since they are remaking the system overall but until beta shows more information, I am still on the fence as a still active player about the PVP.

Side Note: FF14's system of PVP actually feels interesting. Hencewhy they did a bit of copying for their system lol.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-25-2015

I've been playing Vanilla WoW recently on a private PvP server. It's fun, I like having to meet people in order to complete quests.

It's really driving home how FFXIV is just a glorified chat lobby for instances. 

Really enjoying the big scary world and running around. Hit me up if anyone is bored and wants to join in.

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - TheLastCandle - 11-25-2015

I tried to get back into it when Warlords came out, even going so far as to preorder it. I lasted two weeks. Sorry, but even with all of the enhancements, it is really starting to show its age. Everything about it just feels dated to me at this point. It sounds strange even to myself, as someone who pretty regularly speedruns Mega Man and Metroid games, but it's the honest truth at least for me.

I tried a vanilla wow private server...and i stopped at level 17 because i was hit with major flashbacks of the 'year long grind' i had to do back in my teen years. It was hell, especially since i was on Daggerspine pvp...No mercy to level 60. 

Then again this is coming from the guy who blast through FF14's story in favor of reaching max level upon launch (pre-RP moment) and same with Heavensward (went back to read/watch the stuff after i hit 60)

Did i mention i hate grinding levels? Tongue

RE: WoW Talk (Oh no...not this again) - McBeefâ„¢ - 11-25-2015

(11-25-2015, 08:08 PM)Parth Makeo Wrote: I tried a vanilla wow private server...and i stopped at level 17 because i was hit with major flashbacks of the 'year long grind' i had to do back in my teen years. It was hell, especially since i was on Daggerspine pvp...No mercy to level 60. 

Then again this is coming from the guy who blast through FF14's story in favor of reaching max level upon launch (pre-RP moment) and same with Heavensward (went back to read/watch the stuff after i hit 60)

Did i mention i hate grinding levels? Tongue
Haha it's not so bad.

Just think of it as a journey. I log on to have fun for a few hours, I don't worry about the levels Smile.