Hydaelyn Role-Players
Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? (/showthread.php?tid=14507)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - MissMizzy - 12-06-2015

Hey all,

So I have been playing in Behemoth so far, as I was told that one and a couple (although SIren was to spammy) had some RP communities. Found a couple great RP'ers on my own, but took a long time to just find them. I am having trouble finding RP communities on other servers, although they do exist, have not found real active ones.

People keep telling me that Balmung is a unofficial RP server I should switch to, but I am worried my $20 might not be worth it...

So those of you on Balmung right now, how large IS the RP community there? Like, for $20 I am hoping for being able to for example, go into the quicksand and be able to just spot a group RPing I can jump in with basically, or being able to assume if I asked someone around if they would like to they would be ready to jump in and RP at it's finest. 

Really debating this, so please be as honest as you can! Thanks!! Smile

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - MBajihri - 12-06-2015

You'd find a lot of roleplayers on Balmung that are open to walkups and story-building. I'm a bit biased, but I'd say it's worth it for the RP alone!

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - MissMizzy - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 06:26 PM)MBajihri Wrote: You'd find a lot of roleplayers on Balmung that are open to walkups and story-building. I'm a bit biased, but I'd say it's worth it for the RP alone!

That isn't biased. I just never played on Balmung, so I hear its great everywhere for RP but am just worried as I need to make sure my money doesn't go to waste (as I don't have that much lolz)

Thanks for the feedback! Smile

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Roe Dad - 12-06-2015

(12-06-2015, 06:31 PM)missmizzy4 Wrote:
(12-06-2015, 06:26 PM)MBajihri Wrote: You'd find a lot of roleplayers on Balmung that are open to walkups and story-building. I'm a bit biased, but I'd say it's worth it for the RP alone!

That isn't biased. I just never played on Balmung, so I hear its great everywhere for RP but am just worried as I need to make sure my money doesn't go to waste (as I don't have that much lolz)

Thanks for the feedback! Smile
I myself moved from Hyperion and have found the community on the whole to be wonderful. Smile

I just wish I could experience it and see if it is worth it though BEFORE I spend my money and move my characters! lolz

But thanks Lady Krist, everyone's opinion helps. Smile

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - ɴᴘᴄ - 12-06-2015

I absolutely do not regret moving my RP characters to Balmung.

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Steel Wolf - 12-06-2015

I transferred from Behemoth to Balmung a long while ago. Never regretted the decision. While I kinda miss out on a lot of RP anything due to the weird hours I keep, the times I do get interaction have made it worthwhile.

Thanks everyone! It is definitely making me want to join even more. Smile

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Ashe - 12-06-2015

Yeah. If RP is your main focus, Balmung has groups RPing just about everywhere. 
This includes both in cities and out and about in the open world.

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-06-2015

If you're looking for a sample of RPers on Balmung, we can probably provide some screenshots of certain areas you'd be interested in.

...if I had more bandwidth, I'd offer to just make an idle stream for a sample.

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Warren Castille - 12-06-2015

There's RP happening on Balmung around the clock, due to our EU and NA presence. I've never had an instance of the hubs (say, the Quicksand in Ul'dah or even the Forgotten Knight in Ishgard) being dry for roleplay.

I'd go screencap the Quicksand to demonstrate right now, but I'm in an RP!

(12-06-2015, 06:53 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: If you're looking for a sample of RPers on Balmung, we can probably provide some screenshots of certain areas you'd be interested in.

...if I had more bandwidth, I'd offer to just make an idle stream for a sample.
That would actually be amazing! If would definitely be super helpful to see in screenshots! Big Grin

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Valence - 12-06-2015

I have moved from Hyperion to Balmung and never regretted it as well, even if i'm a bit biased as well since it was my goal from the start to get there...

Although people were a lot more welcoming and warm on Hyperion, probably since it's server that is a lot less busy and old... People were very kind to new players. On Balmung people just tend to keep to themselves.

However, the RP is literally everywhere. And no RMT spamm.

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Kage - 12-06-2015

[Image: ZjleByb.jpg]
[Image: 4BlMGpZ.jpg]

On my way out to go get some meds, cake, and go to dinner, I snapped these for you. Some of them are RPing, some Idling/observing, others who don't RP or are AFK

RE: Should I REALLY switch to Balmung for RP? - Jana - 12-06-2015

[Image: 085aa1054f.png]

It's kind of empty since it's a Sunday evening.