Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 (/showthread.php?tid=14545)

Pages: 1 2 3

Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - RiniKett - 12-09-2015

The Wayfarers of Eorzea are proud to present

Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night

[Image: Wayfarersrest.png]

Feeling lonely? Tired of spending the holidays alone? Fear not! For we have the solution for you! On the 17th day of this moon, the Wayfarers of Eorzea are holding a night for those who are looking for a special someone to enjoy the upcoming seasons with. Anyone looking for a significant other is welcome regardless of orientation and your first drink is on us!

But how do I know what someone is looking for? Wouldn't that be awkward?

Simple! Those who are looking for a female companion wear something red, while those looking for a male companion wear something blue. If interested in both, wear something purple. This could be your shirt, a hat, anything that stands out! Just be sure you only wear one color.
We will start gathering and serving on the 7th toll(7pm CST) and will serve until the 10th(10pm CST) at Plot 58, Ward 6 of the Goblet.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - RiniKett - 12-11-2015

Giving an OOC bump! If you would like to work as a waitress for this event we are contracting out those who aren't in our FC. Just send a PM if interested.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Alexandr Nocturne - 12-11-2015

Just to avoid confusion you might want to set a color for interested in both (perhaps green or purple?).  I could see people not paying attention showing up in whatever, confusing those looking.  Or someone in 2/3rds red and 1/3 blue or such.

That aside, this is a wonderful idea.  Were Xau'a still single, I'd definately be there.  Good luck!

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Lady Whiteraven - 12-11-2015

Great concept! Especially since there are many people out there bummed about holidays. I imagine you could come just to be at a social event and meet new people. Cheers!

(12-11-2015, 11:54 AM)Xaua Khaylin Wrote: Just to avoid confusion you might want to set a color for interested in both (perhaps green or purple?).  I could see people not paying attention showing up in whatever, confusing those looking.  Or someone in 2/3rds red and 1/3 blue or such.

That aside, this is a wonderful idea.  Were Xau'a still single, I'd definately be there.  Good luck!

I'll take this suggestion. Thanks!

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Accendie - 12-11-2015

(12-11-2015, 12:26 PM)RiniKett Wrote:
(12-11-2015, 11:54 AM)Xau Wrote: Just to avoid confusion you might want to set a color for interested in both (perhaps green or purple?).  I could see people not paying attention showing up in whatever, confusing those looking.  Or someone in 2/3rds red and 1/3 blue or such.

I'll take this suggestion. Thanks!
 Ahh but confusion can lead to such awesome RP!

That being said I can't wait for this. A good mixer is always needed to help us just getting settled in on the server.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Aya - 12-11-2015

Not supposed to go just to make friends? ^^

(12-11-2015, 02:38 PM)Aya Wrote: Not supposed to go just to make friends? ^^

Anyone is welcome, but this event is primarily for those looking for others so you might get hit on. Love is a fickled thing after all, even Miss Aya might meet someone unexpected. : )

For those who aren't single but would like to attend an event like this, I will go ahead and hint to a Starlight Party between Christmas and New Year's. This will be for anyone looking for a drink and good company. I'm even considering giving out door prizes or maybe a raffle, free of course. Ideas are still in the works.

More info will come after the Single's Night. I want to hold it first so any happy new couples can revisit us for the party. Smile

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Zetchryn - 12-14-2015

Argh, this looks so amazing, but it's going to be me cutting it so close... Rhaya's taken but I literally was just talking to someone about my oldest character having no luck.

Here's hoping she can find love in just an hour.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - MissMizzy - 12-17-2015

I really want to take Elza to this event tonight, but she is very shy and socially awkward to new people and strangers, so those problems would make it pretty impossible for her to go to something like this were she knows she would have to try and talk to people and get scared. 

HOWEVER, I want her to go because even though she isn't looking for a steady relationship right NOW as she (and me) are very new to the game, finding male Keepers are actually hard in game. (Which actually correlates with the lore as more female Keepers are supposedly born anyway) So I want a couple contacts in her pocket for future interests with her.

Can someone help me think of a motive for my character to come to this? Tongue Thanks!

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - FallenFedora - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 11:11 AM)missmizzy4 Wrote: I really want to take Elza to this event tonight, but she is very shy and socially awkward to new people and strangers, so those problems would make it pretty impossible for her to go to something like this were she knows she would have to try and talk to people and get scared. 

HOWEVER, I want her to go because even though she isn't looking for a steady relationship right NOW as she (and me) are very new to the game, finding male Keepers are actually hard in game. (Which actually correlates with the lore as more female Keepers are supposedly born anyway) So I want a couple contacts in her pocket for future interests with her.

Can someone help me think of a motive for my character to come to this? Tongue Thanks!

You might say that someone she knows suckered her into going and left her out to dry, or skewed what it actually was as something else. These are usually open ended enough to leave room for doubt without being overly deus ex in terms of the character them self.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - RiniKett - 12-17-2015

Looking forward to seeing all of you tonight. The lights dim at 7 CST but you can arrive slightly early if you would like. We are not planning anything special other than hosting the event and acting as a plot device for your character so no worries if you think we might try to pair you with someone or force an RP. Just show up, be social (or unsocial if that is your thing), and have a good time.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Lady Whiteraven - 12-17-2015

I haven't figured out how/why Benedict would go to this, but I will before I log on tonight! Cheers!

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - Swashbuckler - 12-17-2015

I may be having Lance show up late since I'd have just gotten off work and traffic conditions suck.

Looking forward to seeing everyone there.

RE: Wayfarer's Rest: Singles Night-12/17 - MissMizzy - 12-17-2015

(12-17-2015, 12:10 PM)I actually just set that idea up with a friend of mine! Thanks so much! Wrote:
(12-17-2015, 11:11 AM)missmizzy4 Wrote: I really want to take Elza to this event tonight, but she is very shy and socially awkward to new people and strangers, so those problems would make it pretty impossible for her to go to something like this were she knows she would have to try and talk to people and get scared. 

You might say that someone she knows suckered her into going and left her out to dry, or skewed what it actually was as something else. These are usually open ended enough to leave room for doubt without being overly deus ex in terms of the character them self.