Hydaelyn Role-Players
'Allo and Hiyas - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: 'Allo and Hiyas (/showthread.php?tid=14554)

Pages: 1 2

'Allo and Hiyas - TrinMorwen - 12-09-2015

-waves-

Hello everyone, I wanted to a quick intro to me post. I go by many names, Shelby or any of my character names are acceptable.

I have been role playing off and on for 15 years, starting with D&D. My first MMORPG was Realms of Kaos. It was a lot different playing an MMO on dial-up (x.x). Thankfully, dial up is no longer the norm, so we can have the wonderful graphics we do. I moved into WoW when it first released, but after about 6 months, ended up taking a break of many years. By the time I came back to it, Cataclysm was released, and I played until just after Mists. I quit MMO's until I discovered FFXIV.

I currently have three characters I play on Balmung (although I have 5 others created to fantasia as ideas come up). Trin Morwen was my original character, and he's my endgame content runner as well as my initial RP character, though I no longer think of him as my main. Gil Vel'jendahr or Gillandaris vel Jendahr is my main. He is the character I spend most of my time on in game. Finally I also have R'theqe Matoi.

I am a medium RP'er, and am not completely opposed to any type of RP, though when it comes to ERP, I am a person that feels it has a time and place. Currently none of my characters would be in a place for ERP.

I have recently returned to school full time after serving in the military, and while my classes and family obligations come first, I am usually found online if I am awake.

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Seye Qhesu - 12-09-2015

*flips Shelby and throws confetti* 

Welcome to the forums and glad to see another long term roleplayer/military player in the mists! Hope you have fun here and you aren't the only one with alts waiting for Fantasia ideas!

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - TrinMorwen - 12-09-2015

(12-09-2015, 09:28 PM)Ella Silentstorm Wrote: *flips Shelby and throws confetti* 

Welcome to the forums and glad to see another long term roleplayer/military player in the mists! Hope you have fun here and you aren't the only one with alts waiting for Fantasia ideas!

Thanks! I hope to meet your characters sometime! Whether it be in game, or through another RP medium.

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Roe Dad - 12-09-2015

Welcome!

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Accendie - 12-09-2015

*waves*

Howdy there!

Mmmm... I have one thing to see if you pass The Test...

L.O.t.R.D.

... and thanks cause I had -totally- forgotten about that game till you mentioned dialup. Totally made my night!

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - JudicialHunter - 12-09-2015

Welcome to the forums! It took you long enough, silly.

Normally I'd offer to RP here, but we already do, so my bases are covered. *confetti*

(12-09-2015, 10:23 PM)Nefzen Wrote: *waves*

Howdy there!

Mmmm... I have one thing to see if you pass The Test...

L.O.t.R.D.

... and thanks cause I had -totally- forgotten about that game till you mentioned dialup. Totally made my night!

i'm afraid without further context I would not be able to tell you what the acronym actually stands for...and thus do not know what it is referencing.

(12-09-2015, 10:26 PM)SilentNights1509 Wrote: Welcome to the forums! It took you long enough, silly.

Normally I'd offer to RP here, but we already do, so my bases are covered. *confetti*

Just because I haven't posted before the last couple days...

-throws Gil at you and runs away- Wink

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Faye - 12-10-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Reynbear - 12-10-2015

Heya, welcome!

I'm really new too, and since I'm on Tonberry I have to mostly write RPs here on the forums. But hey, I'm always here if you want to plot or something!

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Accendie - 12-10-2015

(12-09-2015, 11:49 PM)TrinMorwen Wrote: i'm afraid without further context I would not be able to tell you what the acronym actually stands for...and thus do not know what it is referencing.

Aww.. it's Legend of the Red Dragon. One of the first MMOs. Old BBS door game, predates MUDs. Was so awesome. When I head dialup internet I think BBSs, which, really, are not dialup internet so... my bad.

In any case glad to see ya joining us!

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - TrinMorwen - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 05:22 AM)Reynbear Wrote: Heya, welcome!

I'm really new too, and since I'm on Tonberry I have to mostly write RPs here on the forums. But hey, I'm always here if you want to plot or something!

No worries, I don't RP just in game. So even though we aren't on the same server, I still would be happy to meet you!

(12-10-2015, 09:39 AM)Nefzen Wrote: Aww.. it's Legend of the Red Dragon. One of the first MMOs. Old BBS door game, predates MUDs. Was so awesome. When I head dialup internet I think BBSs, which, really, are not dialup internet so... my bad.

Although I am older than many that I talk to, I'm afraid LOtRD predates not just my teenage years, but even my family's first computer. We did not get a computer until my mom went to college.

And thanks, I look forward to talking with you more!

RE: 'Allo and Hiyas - Accendie - 12-10-2015

(12-10-2015, 10:30 AM)TrinMorwen Wrote:
(12-10-2015, 09:39 AM)Nefzen Wrote: Aww.. it's Legend of the Red Dragon. One of the first MMOs. Old BBS door game, predates MUDs. Was so awesome. When I head dialup internet I think BBSs, which, really, are not dialup internet so... my bad.

Although I am older than many that I talk to, I'm afraid LOtRD predates not just my teenage years, but even my family's first computer. We did not get a computer until my mom went to college.

And thanks, I look forward to talking with you more!

LOL! Now I feel ancient, though I shouldn't. Advantages for having an Electrical Engineer for a dad.... *coughs a few times then goes to hide in a corner while telling herself she isn't THAT old*

(12-10-2015, 11:24 AM)Nefzen Wrote: LOL! Now I feel ancient, though I shouldn't. Advantages for having an Electrical Engineer for a dad.... *coughs a few times then goes to hide in a corner while telling herself she isn't THAT old*

Lol, now don't be like that. I'm often told I look younger than I am, and act older. I'm sure it isn't helped by the fact that I'm 6 years older than my youngest brother and Dad wasn't around much, so I was the closest to a second parent that was there all the time.