Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blade and Soul RP - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Blade and Soul RP (/showthread.php?tid=14608)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Blade and Soul RP - Dogberry - 12-14-2015

Blade and Soul is coming up. I'm going to check it out.

Anyone else planning on playing and RPing?

Edit with a link to the B&S equivalent of the RPC: http://bladeandsoulroleplay.enjin.com/roleplay

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Leanne - 12-14-2015

I'm actually thinking of playing sporadically, mostly as a guilty pleasure. I have a cute character and everything settled out from playing the closed beta, so...why not!

RE: Blade and Soul RP - -no longer matters- - 12-14-2015

Already there. *thumbs up* after doing beta.. I can't stop thinking about the game. The Combat is just so something I need in my life.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Steel Wolf - 12-14-2015

Really quite inpressed with the game's combat--especially being an Assassin--but I wasn't really sure how much of an RP bent the game would have.

I'll have to investigate this site to find out more. Maybe even come up with a character idea.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Cato - 12-14-2015

What's the game's premise? Does it have a heavy focus on telling a story? What's the business model? Does it have player housing?

(12-14-2015, 05:33 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Really quite inpressed with the game's combat--especially being an Assassin--but I wasn't really sure how much of an RP bent the game would have.

I'll have to investigate this site to find out more. Maybe even come up with a character idea.
Assassin was my 2nd Fav, Kung Fu Master is my fav though. I just feel like a wrecking ball. It's awesome.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Dogberry - 12-14-2015

The combat looks amazing. I can't say much for the RP, but I'm hoping to find a core of people I jive with. I am planning on going Crimson Legion, and have a concept for a clan for bandits and anarchistic political rabble rousers called Hēiqí Jūn, or Black Flag Army, modeled after the bandits that raided the French in Vietnam in the late 19th century.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Cailean Lockwood - 12-14-2015

I will definately check it out, give it a try and see what it's like. Typically enough, the class I am most excited for is the Warlock which won't be in the game at launch, as it was apparently part of an expansion in the original release. :/

Will try the Assassin though and change to Warlock once its available. :3

(12-14-2015, 05:39 PM)Graeham Wrote: What's the game's premise? Does it have a heavy focus on telling a story? What's the business model? Does it have player housing?
http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/

No housing, and it seems like the general community doesn't really want it from what I've been reading. So who knows if it will ever be a thing.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Tyndles - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 05:39 PM)Graeham Wrote: What's the game's premise? Does it have a heavy focus on telling a story? What's the business model? Does it have player housing?

It's an MMO with action combat that focuses on combos.  (Sorta like MNK in XIV, but waay deeper)  Unfortunately, everything else in the game is about as run-of-the-mill MMORPG as you can get.  The questing is atrocious, but if you're going there for the RP community it wont bother you too much.  Just grind your way to cap.

(12-14-2015, 05:45 PM)Cailean Lockwood Wrote: I will definately check it out, give it a try and see what it's like. Typically enough, the class I am most excited for is the Warlock which won't be in the game at launch, as it was apparently part of an expansion in the original release. :/

Will try the Assassin though and change to Warlock once its available. :3
Warlock, looks so freaking good, I can not wait for that class, watched the Korean reveal of it.. and OMG!! *drools*

Gameplay wise I'm mostly interested in PVP. I've been watching 1v1 bouts on Twitch. I plan to bring bring my Wimp Lo Face-to-Foot style! Haha! I am bleeding, making me the victor!

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Cato - 12-14-2015

Hm. Thanks for the responses - I think I'll likely give it a pass. I've been burned way too many times by trying out new MMO's only to devote myself to them for a month or two, get bored and then take my leave. So far WoW and FFXIV are the only MMO's to pique my interest for the long term - and I've turned my back on WoW.

Nothing about Blade and Soul really stands out to me. It looks good enough visually but if it isn't story heavy and there's no player housing then it just isn't my cup of tea. Looking at the character/gear design I think I can guess exactly what sort of 'role-play' will be most common anyway. 

>_>

<_<

That's not to say I think it won't have a solid role-playing community - because pretty much every MMO tends to end up with one. I guess I'm just happy with FFXIV.

RE: Blade and Soul RP - Val - 12-14-2015

(12-14-2015, 06:02 PM)Graeham Wrote: Looking at the character/gear design I think I can guess exactly what sort of 'role-play' will be most common anyway. 

>_>

<_<

That's not to say I think it won't have a solid role-playing community - because pretty much every MMO tends to end up with one. I guess I'm just happy with FFXIV.

This is pretty much it, to be entirely honest. Just playing the beta I saw way more boobs and vag than I ever cared to, and I imagine it has the same sort of appeal that got people in TERA involved with it. Needless to say, I expect it to go the same route. RP will be okay, but the overall shallow exterior to action combat you can find in almost any console/non-MMO game will make people bored with it. All the good people will leave and you'll be left with an absolute travesty of an MMO and RP community, where only that sort of "role-play" will be all you find.

(12-14-2015, 06:02 PM)Graeham Wrote: Looking at the character/gear design I think I can guess exactly what sort of 'role-play' will be most common anyway. 

>_>

<_<

That's not to say I think it won't have a solid role-playing community - because pretty much every MMO tends to end up with one.

I mean, you can say that about games like TERA and Blade and Soul, but everyone in FFXIV seems to have a story about Quicksand Futas. That's the kind of RP that's most common anywhere. But, part of my intent on posting here is to see if I could find people from this community, which I know is a decent one, who are planning on playing to make the transition a little easier. At least give us some contacts. And hey, if the game ends up being full of Kung Futas, it is what it is.