Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello (/showthread.php?tid=14625)

Hello - lllogically - 12-15-2015

Hello everyone! To introduce myself, I'm Shar Swiftsong on the server of Balmung. I was recently able to get a character on there so I could have one to RP on. I'm just a bit overwhelmed while trying to create my character's backstory and stuff like that after realizing I had absolutely no knowledge on the history of all the races. If anyone could be of some help, I would appreciate it! (Sorry if that sounded rude at all... >.<)

RE: Hello - Sounsyy - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 10:27 PM)lllogically Wrote: I'm just a bit overwhelmed while trying to create my character's backstory and stuff like that after realizing I had absolutely no knowledge on the history of all the races. If anyone could be of some help, I would appreciate it!

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! Here's a compilation of Eorzean Race Lore I've been working on. Hope this helps! ^^ Lemme know if you have more lore questions!

RE: Hello - Faye - 12-15-2015

Hello there, welcome to Balmung! I'm glad you could sneak onto the server! First of all, if you're feeling overwhelmed, please tackle things one step at a time and know you can take your time building a character before you jump into RP. Also, it's okay to start out with a pretty bare-boned idea. The more you quest in the game to learn the lore, and the more you RP your character to get a feel for him/her, you'll get a better grasp on what you're doing. If you click the Wiki link up top, you can find some information there on the races, as well was some general lore info. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask here, or browse the forums here on the RPC.

RE: Hello - lllogically - 12-15-2015

(12-15-2015, 10:33 PM)Sounsyy Wrote:
(12-15-2015, 10:27 PM)lllogically Wrote: I'm just a bit overwhelmed while trying to create my character's backstory and stuff like that after realizing I had absolutely no knowledge on the history of all the races. If anyone could be of some help, I would appreciate it!

Welcome to Eorzea and the RPC! Here's a compilation of Eorzean Race Lore I've been working on. Hope this helps! ^^ Lemme know if you have more lore questions!

(12-15-2015, 10:36 PM)Faye Wrote: Hello there, welcome to Balmung! I'm glad you could sneak onto the server! First of all, if you're feeling overwhelmed, please tackle things one step at a time and know you can take your time building a character before you jump into RP. Also, it's okay to start out with a pretty bare-boned idea. The more you quest in the game to learn the lore, and the more you RP your character to get a feel for him/her, you'll get a better grasp on what you're doing. If you click the Wiki link up top, you can find some information there on the races, as well was some general lore info. If you have any more specific questions, feel free to ask here, or browse the forums here on the RPC.

Thank you both! I'll definitely look into those.

RE: Hello - Roe Dad - 12-15-2015

Welcome! happy to have you here.

RE: Hello - Accendie - 12-16-2015

*waves*

Welcome to the RPC!

Folks have already pointed out some of the best resources but don't forget the Character Workshop forum if you feel the need for more assistance.