Hydaelyn Role-Players
Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Black Desert or Blade and Soul (/showthread.php?tid=14663)

Pages: 1 2

Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Lost River - 12-19-2015

I was given money early for Christmas; I can afford Blade and Soul or Black Desert, which one and why should I go for them?

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Jana - 12-19-2015

They're both free to play games; just look for websites giving away beta codes to play both before deciding which one you want to spend money on.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Leggerless - 12-19-2015

Show Content

If I had to compare combat? Black Desert is like Vindictus while BnS is like TERA. I haven't played BDO, but I know BnS doesn't have a dedicated healer/tank class; everyone is dps. Classes can slot in aggro generation in their skilltrees at least though and KFM (Kung-Fu Master) and BM (Blade Master) are the "tanks" in the current meta. Each class has some level of support, but some are better support roles than others.

BnS also has ranked arenas, 1v1 and 3v3, and is even part of the eSports scene in Korea. Right now, I can name you the Imperial Network as a PvP community tournament--one I'm personally looking into from an event organizer standpoint--for the NA/EU audience.

I'd say go to BnS if you don't mind some linear leveling and want to PvP. If you'd rather have a sandbox and visually pleasant experience, then take a look at BDO. You're looking at a theme park (BnS) and a sandbox (BDO).

No idea, but I think BnS even has an RP community in the works? Seems all over the place imo.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - TheLastCandle - 12-19-2015

They both offer the Korean MMO specialty of Slog and Grind, so pick your poison. Blade and Soul seems to offer more customization (as in less classes inextricably tied to a certain race/gender) while Black Desert is more impressive on a technical level.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Lost River - 12-19-2015

Well, Black Desert is no longer FTP, it is a BTP game like Guild Wars 2.

And the grind is fine with me; which one will have the most RP community though, that is the question.

Unless, Black Desert has auto all the time PvP, then BnS for me entirely.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - TheLastCandle - 12-19-2015

I haven't heard whether or not it's going to be the same in NA or EU, but in Black Desert's KR servers, open world PvP opens once you reach a certain level (50?) and you cannot opt out of it.

I dislike forced PvP. it annoys me. :/

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Leggerless - 12-19-2015

(12-19-2015, 08:17 PM)Lost River Wrote: I dislike forced PvP. it annoys me. :/

PvP in BnS is, quite literally, putting on a faction outfit in the open world and also the Arena. It's an opt-in choice.

I went ahead with the starter pack of Blade and Soul; if I like what I see, I'll get the bigger packs.

Update: So far, so fun; only negative to it? It uses nProtect GameGuard, positive? It is a newer non-crash your PC version or eat up your resources version.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Tyndles - 12-19-2015

Not to hijack the topic a bit, but can you use a controller in either game?  I prefer action combat with a controller.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Lost River - 12-20-2015

You can use a controller in Blade and Soul. not sure about Black Desert

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Arrelaine - 12-20-2015

So far I like BDO, but I've never played B&S either so.

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Lost River - 12-20-2015

Does Black Desert Online have nProtect or anything like that?

RE: Black Desert or Blade and Soul - Arrelaine - 12-20-2015

It's not on any lists, from a quick google search, and I haven't noticed anything like that.