Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Seeking Ties--Family & General - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] Seeking Ties--Family & General (/showthread.php?tid=14671)

Seeking Ties--Family & General - Aden Dellebecque - 12-20-2015

[Image: tumblr_nzosx0UbEK1v0ltaqo1_540.png]
Aden is a young Seeker raised outside his home culture by adoptive parents, currently learning the lance.  He's been at it for a few months and he's quite good for a rookie.  His profile is on the wiki here.
[Image: tumblr_nzosx0UbEK1v0ltaqo2_r2_1280.png]
I'm looking for any kind of ties, really, as I've been trying to get into RP on the server but keep missing events and the like because of work.  I have some ideas for easy ins.
  • Cousins.  Aden has cousins through his mother, though he's never met any of them in person.  It would be easy for someone in that position to bypass his natural aversion to strangers.
  • His adoptive mothers--a duskwight elezen and a midlander hyur--also have siblings, and relatives through them would be family to Aden as well, and leaps and bounds more familiar than his blood relatives.
  • Anyone he might encounter on a daily basis.  He's living and studying in Gridania, and he does odd jobs on the side.  The surest way to get Aden to open up is repeated exposure until a stranger simply becomes a fixture of his world.
Up front Aden seems like he's intended to be a combat-oriented character, but in reality he's just an awkward proto-adventurer.  At the moment I'm mostly seeking to test the waters, meet people, and figure out what kind of role he'll ultimately settle into.  If he stumbles into more trouble than intended, though, that's fine too!

Looking for anything but romantic RP at the moment.  That may come later, but right now it's not on the character's radar (or mine).

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Roe Dad - 12-20-2015

I have a seeker Xha'to they share similiar features could be related.

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Sylastair - 12-21-2015

(12-20-2015, 11:22 PM)Raidho Wrote:
[Image: tumblr_nzosx0UbEK1v0ltaqo1_540.png]
Aden is a young Seeker raised outside his home culture by adoptive parents, currently learning the lance.  He's been at it for a few months and he's quite good for a rookie.  His profile is on the wiki here.
[Image: tumblr_nzosx0UbEK1v0ltaqo2_r2_1280.png]
I'm looking for any kind of ties, really, as I've been trying to get into RP on the server but keep missing events and the like because of work.  I have some ideas for easy ins.
  • Cousins.  Aden has cousins through his mother, though he's never met any of them in person.  It would be easy for someone in that position to bypass his natural aversion to strangers.
  • His adoptive mothers--a duskwight elezen and a midlander hyur--also have siblings, and relatives through them would be family to Aden as well, and leaps and bounds more familiar than his blood relatives.
  • Anyone he might encounter on a daily basis.  He's living and studying in Gridania, and he does odd jobs on the side.  The surest way to get Aden to open up is repeated exposure until a stranger simply becomes a fixture of his world.
Up front Aden seems like he's intended to be a combat-oriented character, but in reality he's just an awkward proto-adventurer.  At the moment I'm mostly seeking to test the waters, meet people, and figure out what kind of role he'll ultimately settle into.  If he stumbles into more trouble than intended, though, that's fine too!

Looking for anything but romantic RP at the moment.  That may come later, but right now it's not on the character's radar (or mine).
If you are ever looking for more lancer/spearmanship RP, Flynt spends some time in Gridania helping out around the Lancer's Guild when he can and I have been looking to do more training related RP myself! As for relations, there is a possibility we could work something in there (cousins or something like that!). I will try to keep an eye out for you in game, have a good one!

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Aden Dellebecque - 12-21-2015

(12-20-2015, 11:47 PM)Lady Krist Wrote: I have a seeker Xha'to they share similiar features could be related.
Sure!  And even if they weren't that similar, cousins don't always show a lot of resemblance.

(12-21-2015, 08:35 AM)Flynt Knoltros Wrote: If you are ever looking for more lancer/spearmanship RP, Flynt spends some time in Gridania helping out around the Lancer's Guild when he can and I have been looking to do more training related RP myself! As for relations, there is a possibility we could work something in there (cousins or something like that!). I will try to keep an eye out for you in game, have a good one!

This is right up Aden's alley!  Looking at Flynt's profile, Flynt fits very well with the path I intend to take Aden down in the future.  I see that you mention Flynt is occasionally a guest instructor at the Lancer's Guild, and that's a very easy in for them to have met.  I'll definitely hit you up!

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Miyakitt - 12-22-2015

I actually also have a Seeker that could be a possible friend/companion to Aden! He's a bard and though he travels a bit, he stops in Gridania often enough. I can always hit you up randomly in game if I see you, or we can plot something small if you'd like

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Aden Dellebecque - 12-25-2015

(12-22-2015, 04:44 AM)Miyakitt Wrote: I actually also have a Seeker that could be a possible friend/companion to Aden! He's a bard and though he travels a bit, he stops in Gridania often enough. I can always hit you up randomly in game if I see you, or we can plot something small if you'd like
Sure!  I'm terrible at random walk-up RP, but we can discuss and figure something out.  It would be interesting to have Aden interact with someone more experienced with Seeker culture, since it's utterly foreign to him.

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Nami'ko - 12-27-2015

Always looking for more friends for Lori to help bring her out of her shell. Lori is a half breed from a seeker clan that she can't remember much of.

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Faye - 12-28-2015

Hey there, I'd be glad to RP sometime! I have a Seeker from the same tribe; perhaps they could be distant relatives!

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Aden Dellebecque - 12-29-2015

(12-27-2015, 11:37 PM)Lorivaen Wrote: Always looking for more friends for Lori to help bring her out of her shell. Lori is a half breed from a seeker clan that she can't remember much of.

Aden's probably pretty bad at getting someone out of their shell--he's kind of anxious and quiet himself--but we can surely figure something out!

(12-28-2015, 01:35 AM)Faye Wrote: Hey there, I'd be glad to RP sometime! I have a Seeker from the same tribe; perhaps they could be distant relatives!

Sure! Aden is unlikely to have met any blood relatives, but he probably knows about at least a couple of them through letters. Which character?

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Faye - 12-29-2015

(12-29-2015, 10:12 PM)Raidho Wrote: Sure! Aden is unlikely to have met any blood relatives, but he probably knows about at least a couple of them through letters. Which character?

Her name's C'therin, she was a Seeker who was exiled from her tribe in Thanalan and lives in Ul'dah now after being homeless for some time. If nothing else, they could be very distant cousins or something along those lines. xD

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Tamm'lin - 01-04-2016

Our characters look very similar, I actually did a double take! 

I'm also looking for contacts, ties, etc. My character's wiki is here. Tamm does/has done odd jobs in Gridania, along with so many other locations, as she loves to wander. It is entirely possible they would have met!

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Cheezie - 01-04-2016

H'ecate is always traveling around due to her chosen professions, so if you see her around say Hi, she is always looking for more people she can lead into all kinds of trouble Thumbsup

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - JudicialHunter - 01-04-2016

Hiya! ^^

Rihxo's always out and about, and she'd probably approach... well, for a number of reasons. Maybe she just feels like it? I dunno, it's her thing.

She's generally pretty agreeable, so if you'd like to RP, shoot me a PM or find me in-game!

My wiki is linked in my sig, if you wanna take a peek.

((edited because what is this english you speak of))

RE: Seeking Ties--Family & General - Diskwrite - 01-05-2016

We could always tie the Duskwights together as relatives if you like! Ojene's family has a lot of relatives out there in various places.