Hydaelyn Role-Players
Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Blade and Soul or Black Desert (/showthread.php?tid=14694)

Pages: 1 2

Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Leggerless - 12-23-2015

Poll time!

Which one of the two are you most looking forward to?

Any number of reasons may justify your decision.

I personally am looking forward to Blade and Soul over Black Desert. How well a game plays and PvP is far more important to me than the graphics and amount of content provided.

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-23-2015

It seems like this discussion was already started.

http://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/showthread.php?tid=14663

For me, I'm more interested in Black desert. The Blade and Soul art style kinda creeps me out. B&S is also being handled through NCSoft, and I'm not interested in their launcher or how they handled Aion. I watched buy the game and pay to play become completely free and get overrun by private servers and spam. ...probably also one of the reasons I've stuck with FFXIV for so long. Content may not always be up to snuff, but I feel like my money's being put to use at least.

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Oli! - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 02:24 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: The Blade and Soul art style kinda creeps me out.

This is my big hangup as well.

I love me some anime visuals and all that (TALES GAMES TALES GAMES TALES GAMES TALES GAMES), but for some reason the people in Blade and Soul look kinda sweaty and greasy and just...Odd. It's a little odd and sometimes downright nightmarish to look at. That, and I don't like the way that they executed their overworld design either.

The animations also look rather stiff and don't flow well to me. I'll still probably try it anyway because I really like the concept of the game that they're making, but I'm still firmly more excited for Black Desert at the moment.

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Dogberry - 12-23-2015

¿Porque no los dos?

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Unnamed Mercenary - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 02:27 PM)Oli! Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 02:24 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: The Blade and Soul art style kinda creeps me out.

I love me some anime visuals and all that (TALES GAMES TALES GAMES TALES GAMES TALES GAMES), but for some reason the people in Blade and Soul look kinda sweaty and greasy and just...Odd. It's a little odd and sometimes downright nightmarish to look at. That, and I don't like the way that they executed their overworld design either.

The animations also look rather stiff and don't flow well to me. I'll still probably try it anyway because I really like the concept of the game that they're making, but I'm still firmly more excited for Black Desert at the moment.

I cna handle the excessive shine and gloss. But their cutesy race weirds me out. ...same reason I couldn't go near Tera. It feels like the game is trying too hard to have it's own aesthetics that it's hurting the design of things. ...and I'm still bitter about Aion. Crysis engine. In an MMO. I turned my laptop into a space heater for that game. :-:

(12-23-2015, 02:30 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: But their cutesy race weirds me out. ...same reason I couldn't go near Tera.

The Lyn/Elin creep me out, too. It really isn't the race by themselves, it was the players who gravitated toward them. The fact that I have to be one to play a Summoner pisses me off, too. It's such a terrible design decision.

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Melkire - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Dogberry Wrote:
(12-23-2015, 02:30 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: But their cutesy race weirds me out. ...same reason I couldn't go near Tera.

The Lyn/Elin creep me out, too. It really isn't the race by themselves, it was the players who gravitated toward them. The fact that I have to be one to play a Summoner pisses me off, too. It's such a terrible design decision.

Ironically, this is my hang-up with Black Desert in which, last I heard, many classes are race or gender locked.

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Cailean Lockwood - 12-23-2015

Blade and Soul.
But mostly because from what I've seen of Black Desert's gameplay being rather boring overall. I will look more into it though, but as of now, Blade and Soul is what I look forward to the most of the two.

Will Black Desert be F2P as well? If so, then I'll surely give it a shot when it comes out. When does it launch, anyone know?

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - -no longer matters- - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 02:27 PM)Oli! Wrote:

You can actually turn that gloss off all together, it's an option in the character creator. (which is actually a very good Character creator.)
(12-23-2015, 02:45 PM)Dogberry Wrote:

I dunno I managed to make a really good looking old master style Lyn. You can do a lot with the character creator.
[Image: 1450620773_Master-Gara.jpg]

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Oli! - 12-23-2015

(12-23-2015, 04:47 PM)Cailean Lockwood Wrote: Will Black Desert be F2P as well? If so, then I'll surely give it a shot when it comes out. When does it launch, anyone know?

It'll be buy to play, with an entry of $30, looks like.

Release is sometime early next year.

(12-23-2015, 05:04 PM)War Siren Wrote: The Lyn/Elin creep me out, too. It really isn't the race by themselves, it was the players who gravitated toward them. The fact that I have to be one to play a Summoner pisses me off, too. It's such a terrible design decision.
I dunno I managed to make a really good looking old master style Lyn. You can do a lot with the character creator.
[Image: 1450620773_Master-Gara.jpg]
[/quote]

Your Lyn looks very good, but it stands alone as a bastion of good taste against throngs of lolicatgirls.

I don't mind the loli-people, just like I don't mind the futa-Roes etc in FFXIV. Let them have their fun. It's just too bad that it gives the races an overall bad rep, so people just assume a Lyn will be like that no matter what. Kinda like how Miqo'tes have a bad rep in FFXIV.
:/

The Sexy Miqo and Futa Roe community are darlings compared to the Elin I used to encounter in TERA. I've yet to encounter anything like that in B&S, so fingers crossed, but I'm not exactly holding my breath.

RE: Blade and Soul or Black Desert - Nirri - 12-23-2015

Neither games have a proper endgame, you got B&S which goes the PVP tour or grind dungeons over & over.

And Black Desert doesn't have endgame to begin with as it's a full on sandbox.

(12-23-2015, 06:27 PM)Nirri Wrote: Neither games have a proper endgame, you got B&S which goes the PVP tour or grind dungeons over & over.

And Black Desert doesn't have endgame to begin with as it's a full on sandbox.

Hmm, I'm not that much into full-on sandbox games. It's a neat concept, but I like questing storylines and such, to help me level in an enjoyable way. Usually, sandbox games = grinding the same thing over and over again until you reach max level.