Hydaelyn Role-Players
New Friends, New Smiles! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: New Friends, New Smiles! (/showthread.php?tid=14733)

New Friends, New Smiles! - WanderingSmile - 12-26-2015

Hello hello! I'm not sure why I never bothered to join this before, despite having known about it for quite a while now... Well that's neither here nor there, so I'll just say I'm glad I finally hopped in!

I've always been an avid gamer since the age of 5, but didn't discover mmos until WoW's first year on the market. Even then, it wasn't until 7 years ago that I discovered the joys of roleplaying on the forums for that game... and I've never looked back. I've played various mmos over the years, but only WoW and FFXIV religiously.

After discovering I adored rp, I've done everything from in-game to forum rp (though I do tend to prefer forums still, much more flexibility). I've always been fascinated by language and how one can wield it to create such compelling imagery in the minds of others, and I've striven to do so with my roleplay for a joint experience that everyone can enjoy! I like to think I'm moderately okay at this whole thing after a lot of practice Wink

Sadly for FFXIV's class system (but great for my imagination!), WoW trained me to have a different character for everything. That said, I'm a bit of an altoholic with 8 characters on Balmung. It has become a bit of a running joke with those who know me that any random face in the Quicksand could be me, and they wouldn't know it. Overall, my most versatile and enjoyable character has to be Y'septha. Bright, cheery, surprisingly smart, and willing to try anything for the experience! Never enough smiles in Eorzea, after all.

I'm a very heavy roleplayer in-game, to the point that it's my primary focus in FFXIV. PVE is secondary, and I don't even bother with PVP. I'm actually hoping to find companions here with which to build longer term developmental roleplays, because as fun as random walkups are over and over again, having a few people with whom you can continue to build a riveting epic is very appealing to me.

As for me personally, I'm 27 and work two jobs (one for adulting and one for fun/extra monies.) The rest of my downtime is usually spent unwinding in-game with rp. If there's anything specific you want to know, just ask! I'm just fairly terrible at waxing poetic about myself. Although fun fact if you happen to rp with me in-game: I'm a mild narcoleptic, so if I suddenly waffleface on you, don't take it personally! Laugh

Again, great to be here and I hope to make scores of new friends in all of you. Look forward to seeing you out in Eorzea!

RE: New Friends, New Smiles! - Faye - 12-26-2015

Hello there, welcome to the RPC! Big Grin

RE: New Friends, New Smiles! - MBajihri - 12-26-2015

Welcome to the RPC! If you're looking for more people to RP with, you're more than welcome to add me to your friends list!

RE: New Friends, New Smiles! - WanderingSmile - 12-26-2015

(12-26-2015, 07:24 PM)MBajihri Wrote: Welcome to the RPC! If you're looking for more people to RP with, you're more than welcome to add me to your friends list!
 Silly Mhaya, you're already on Wintrael's friend list!

RE: New Friends, New Smiles! - Roe Dad - 12-27-2015

Welcome

RE: New Friends, New Smiles! - Heart Quintessence - 12-27-2015

Welcome!

Come play with us! ( Sadly I am in a haitus, but you and I could d be awesome friends

RE: New Friends, New Smiles! - Nikobi Eyre - 12-27-2015

Yay! Welcome =D