Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Feb 23! (Update Feb8) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Feb 23! (Update Feb8) (/showthread.php?tid=14778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Wemrys - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 05:37 AM)Oli! Wrote: I really don't know how much longer I can run the tomestone treadmill.

Not sure what to tell you there, this is how the game has been since launch and this is how most treadmill/vertical progression MMOs have been working for a long while.

As for the preview itself...I don't think we're fighting the entire Warring Triad. Likely we're fighting Fiend/Doom first (as pictured) and then we'll fight the other two in each patch after leading up to a battle against all three in some manner.

I for one am glad that some of the content is gonna be tied to the MSQ. I just hope the MSQ lasts longer than an hour this time.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Oli! - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 10:00 AM)Wemrys Wrote: Not sure what to tell you there, this is how the game has been since launch and this is how most treadmill/vertical progression MMOs have been working for a long while.

As for the preview itself...I don't think we're fighting the entire Warring Triad. Likely we're fighting Fiend/Doom first (as pictured) and then we'll fight the other two in each patch after leading up to a battle against all three in some manner.

I for one am glad that some of the content is gonna be tied to the MSQ. I just hope the MSQ lasts longer than an hour this time.

It's always been this way, sure.

Doesn't mean that people can't or won't grow tired of it.

I really like the game and I'm trying my best to keep playing it, but I really wish that they would do something that doesn't feel like it's getting totally pointless.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Kage - 01-01-2016

here is the translated New Year Post

[Image: img01.jpg]
FFXIV Producer and Director Yoshi-P here to wish all of you a Happy New Year!
On behalf of myself and the entire team, I’d like to thank you all for your continued support.

Last year saw the release of FFXIV’s first expansion, which was something we wanted to do since the early days of 1.0. The launch of Heavensward made me feel like we are now on the right track, nearly five years later.

We announced the development of Heavensward at the Fan Festivals to end 2014 with a bang, and we traveled around last year to build momentum for its release, from the Nico Nico Chokaigi, all the way to a castle in Nantes, France. We also held exciting events in the months following at E3 in the United States, China Joy in China, Japan Expo in France, gamescom in Germany, the Tokyo Game Show, and finally G-Star in South Korea.

Looking back on 2015, and how I was able to meet all of you from around the world, I must say it was a very fulfilling year.

So as of August 27, it has been two years since the release of A Realm Reborn, and five years since the release of the original FFXIV. In a way, our game is already well into its lifespan as a MMORPG. But it is my hope for 2016 that we remember how it feels to be a new player, and I want to keep this in mind as we move forward together.

As I mentioned previously, we expect to hold our second round of Fan Festivals starting from October 2016 and moving into 2017. I can’t wait to interact with you guys again on this worldwide tour! We are already planning lots of exciting announcements, events, and attractions, so please wait for more details for joining in the fun.

We will kick off 2016 moving towards the finale of our Heavensward storyline with Patch 3.2. The development team is still working hard for its release in February, but I’ll give you this sneak peek of a new feature for the new year:

Now what could this possibly be? I guess you will have to find out in the upcoming announcements!
[Image: img02.jpg]

And, as per tradition with my New Year’s greeting, I would also like to share this with you...
[Image: img03.jpg]
We discovered this passage on the final page of the diary of the late Archon Louisoix, savior of many during the Calamity, and grandfather to Alphinaud and Alisae. It seems he felt there was a need to translate and preserve these lines. But what are the Gerun Oracles which he refers to?

Could they be connected to the fate of Eorzea!?

Let us find the answer together this year!

FINAL FANTASY XIV PRODUCER/DIRECTOR
Naoki Yoshida
[Image: img04.jpg]

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Cynel1 - 01-01-2016

Well looks like we have another Finale on our hands.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Kage - 01-01-2016

Moving towards a finale does not mean the finale is here. But it sounds like the Heavensward / Dragonsong storyline will be coming to a close considering they have plans for the Ishgard ward in the future.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Leggerless - 01-01-2016

Basically, I'm reading this announcement as "3.2 will introduce most of the same stuff in another format because there weren't enough complaints to justify otherwise."

If it says otherwise, please point it out towards me. This repetition is worse than running 10,000 replications of a single opener--repeating for 30+ openers of course--to find an optimal with >= 99.99% accuracy.

Edit: The game needs innovation, not addition.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Steel Wolf - 01-01-2016

If this "finale" is going to carry the same weight as Before the Fall did, I expect every second of its drama retconned come 4.0.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Telluride - 01-01-2016

Gotta agree - SE has to give us something different if they wish to keep us.

Thoughts:

* If a turtle can fly, let my griffin fight. Letting mounts other than the Chocos be our COMPANIONS is long, long, long overdue. If we throw ALL logic out the window because "aether" and "rule of cool", give me something more than just adding flight to one more existing mount.

* SE still has given me zero reason to care one jot about relics. I'm not hardcore, but even I can get ilvl 200 weapons from simple ESO rewards, so why SHOULD I waste weeks, months, after something that will have almost no real impact on my ability to beat content? The weapons don't look THAT good. So, hearing of more tomestones only seem to make this whole relic deal even LESS appealing to me, if that was even possible.

* We're terribly overdue for a revamp of the armory chest system. Erik already nailed most of my thoughts on most of it, though. We're almost to the point where they are practically trying to scam us into getting more retainers. I spent about three hours this past week doing nothing but cleaning out my retainers, chests and inventory for no other reason than to make space to finally try a craft skill - and I only have four combat classes on my main. I don't see how you omni-people do it without sticking more cash in SE's pockets for extra retainer privilege.

* I give SE credit for trying with Verminion and the Diadem, I really do. Don't faint! However, just looking at the screenshots and reading about Verminion makes my eyes burn (if others can add positive stories about it, I will defer to their experience), and the Diadem needs some tweaking to make it an enduring endgame activity. The exploration idea was a good one, but it feels, as others have put it, like just a big series of FATE bosses instead of exploring a neat new place; I'd looked forward to mining in the Diadem, but Steel Coins aside, there aren't any minerals you can get in there that can't be mined outside the place, without a party hassling you to get back to fighting. THAT was my #1 disappointment.

Finally, MSQ Spoiler alert:
Show Content

(01-01-2016, 04:10 PM)Telluride Wrote: Gotta agree - SE has to give us something different if they wish to keep us.

Thoughts:

* If a turtle can fly, let my griffin fight. Letting mounts other than the Chocos be our COMPANIONS is long, long, long overdue. If we throw ALL logic out the window because "aether" and "rule of cool", give me something more than just adding flight to one more existing mount.
There is no "all logic" being thrown out for a tortoise flying.

It's in the fucking game that there is a flying tortoise.

Per Companions fighting, they already said this shit in a live letter. If they do it for one companion they have to do it for -every single mount-. They have to make now more unique animations for -every single mount- to do battle with. It's not feasible for their team.

If you read one of the interviews you can see how poor their staff is. They can't even make new 60 fights for the level 50 primals because the only people on their staff who can are working on, get this brilliant idea, -future content-.

Quote:Talks about they don't have any designs to add lvl 60 versions of previous primals and such right now - says that while they have a lot of staff, not many of them can design battle content, and the ones who can are of course busy with new content. Jokes about needing to recruit more staff lol (so they are understaffed in the sense that they simply don't have a lot of the people who can actually make proper content - probably plenty of minor coders and artists and etc., but not a lot to balance content and choreograph fights and such)

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Telluride - 01-01-2016

If we're going to be hostile about it...

It's also in the "fucking game" that I can go into the world and find a fighting Griffin, Behemoth, Ahriman, dragon, etc. I recall them being animated.

The staff being poor is also not 100% out of SE's control. They're pumping money into developing other games, which is fine and a business decision, but it is a decision nonetheless that is fair game for comment.

And if they ARE this starved for resources, then it becomes even MORE important for every decision they make to be properly weighted. Maybe they're pleasing their main fanbase, and maybe we here aren't it. So be it. But I, too, am allowed to factor that into my own evaluations of their choices.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Warren Castille - 01-01-2016

Wait, where is there an example of a flying tortoise? Telluride's right, though: Every single Most mount in the game have an enemy counterpart.

Edit: Bomb thingy comes to mind, and the elemental ponies.

Double edit: That also didn't stop them from giving the 50+ minions attack animations and special qualities for Verminion.

Double edit and a half: People have been asking for other companions since they introduced the chocobo as a fighting buddy. No one asked for Verminion. It just seems like they're throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Leggerless - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 04:18 PM)Kage Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 04:10 PM)Telluride Wrote: Gotta agree - SE has to give us something different if they wish to keep us.

Thoughts:

There is no "all logic" being thrown out for a tortoise flying.

It's in the fucking game that there is a flying tortoise.

Per Companions fighting, they already said this shit in a live letter. If they do it for one companion they have to do it for -every single mount-. They have to make now more unique animations for -every single mount- to do battle with. It's not feasible for their team.

If you read one of the interviews you can see how poor their staff is. They can't even make new 60 fights for the level 50 primals because the only people on their staff who can are working on, get this brilliant idea, -future content-.

Quote:Talks about they don't have any designs to add lvl 60 versions of previous primals and such right now - says that while they have a lot of staff, not many of them can design battle content, and the ones who can are of course busy with new content. Jokes about needing to recruit more staff lol (so they are understaffed in the sense that they simply don't have a lot of the people who can actually make proper content - probably plenty of minor coders and artists and etc., but not a lot to balance content and choreograph fights and such)

What good will adding future content do if they don't fix the present content first? It's like adding a new engine to a ship with holes. It'll perform better, but it's still going to sink unless you fix the hull first. Team Fortress 2 is a bloody amazing example with how well balanced their game is; once that was perfected in gameplay, then made new content.

I don't have to read a live letter to assume and see FFXIV is going down the post-WotLK route--making new content to retain and regain their playerbase. What they write and what they implement are two very different things.

A spark of ingenuity is what revived FFXIV and made FFXIV:ARR. If FFXIV:HW wants to stay afloat and not bleed more consumers, Square needs a new spark of ingenuity. If they won't innovate, then they'll need a way to extract even more money out of the current loyal customers (white knights included) to offset the loss.

http://xivdb.com/item/12825/Stupendemys
"If a flying crystal-shelled tortoise cannot be seen as stupendous, nothing can."
Quote:“This rare tortoise’s ability of flight is granted by its fabulous shell made up of solid wind crystal. As long as the shell remains undamaged, the cloudkin will remain aloft; however, the moment even the smallest of scratches are suffered, it will plummet back to Hydaelyn.” -Stupendemys

People have been asking for a flying turtle mount and they did give it to us.

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/246971-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXIII-Q-A-Update-Thread?p=3128932&viewfull=1#post3128932
Quote:Q62. Similar to the glamour system, can you make it so we can change the appearance of our companion chocobo to look like a different mount?

A62. We would have to create attacks and healing actions for every mount, so this would be difficult.

In regards to fighting companions, you realize that there are some people who will want entirely new ones to make their mounts 'special'? 'My drake needs to do more than just breathe fire.'

Quote:Someone can easily say that the OP wants a shiva egi with ice based spells and ice based enkindle. Or, the companion reskin needs new sounds, body slam animations from fat chocobo, fire breath from drake, etc.

You could even go a step further and say that the developers will not want to "half-ass" implementing something like this. If players want to see new models, they'll be getting all the bells and whistles to go along with it. (Or the developers can just say that and who are we to not believe them lol)

'My griffin is 5000x better than the regular mobs and it needs to be set apart.'

And calling out white knights are the most idiotic and nonsensical thing to do. If you want to 'constructively criticize' then I am just as allowed to defend or counter your opinions. Because that is all they are, opinions. If you want, you are free to join in any of the Official Forums threads to make your complaint heard. At least then your voice is actually heard. Or Reddit. You are also free to continue here, but again at least your voice will be heard there. Here I am free to defend what I like just as much as you are free to dislike and voice it.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - V'aleera - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 04:43 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: No one asked for Verminion. It just seems like they're throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Demonstrably false. People were constantly asking for Lords of Verminion ever since it got teased as an April fools joke.

The problem, as it seems to always be with MMO players, is that once they get what they want they realize that they didn't really want it. That's exactly what happened with LoV and exactly what happened with Diadem.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Warren Castille - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 05:59 PM)Valeera Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 04:43 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: No one asked for Verminion. It just seems like they're throwing shit at the wall to see what sticks.

Demonstrably false. People were constantly asking for Lords of Verminion ever since it got teased as an April fools joke.

The problem, as it seems to always be with MMO players, is that once they get what they want they realize that they didn't really want it. That's exactly what happened with LoV and exactly what happened with Diadem.

Fair. I suppose we're getting an NPC dating sim next, after they reveal Vianga as the new race.

I don't know. I think flying turtle is dumb. Amusing, sure, but... Yes, a rocket-propelled adamantoise is the same thing as a wind-crystal-shelled fishing catch. I realize I'm nitpicking.

It feels like SE's design priorities are off kilter. The implementation of new relics is janky as hell, they keep adding in things that are side content (Anyone actually doing LoV? Or chocobo racing?) when people have been clamoring for adjustments to the PVE side of things since launch.

"People might ask us for more stuff, so we won't implement anything new" is a dumb thing to admit.