Hydaelyn Role-Players
Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Feb 23! (Update Feb8) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Feb 23! (Update Feb8) (/showthread.php?tid=14778)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - V'aleera - 01-01-2016

It's fine to criticize their execution, but I just wanted to point out that in many of these cases SE has only done what the vocal parts of the community asked them to.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Leggerless - 01-01-2016

White knights are people who are loyal to a product and defend it to near-death despite its flaws; they're a type of "loyal customer."

Re-read that sentence again where I use the word white knight:

"If they won't innovate, then they'll need a way to extract even more money out of the current loyal customers (white knights included) to offset the loss."

It's used in a non-callout context. Were it truly a callout on your person or a specific group--which it is not--a moderation warning or note on the post would be observed. Nevertheless, the fact that simply mentioning "white knight" can trigger an unironic response is, in my opinion, quite hilarious and degrades the person's credibility responding.

More heavily trafficked websites are better for getting a complaint heard; that I'll concede. Instead of complaining, however, I'll be working on projects useful for a community rather than wasting time finding and reposting old information on different websites and complaining into a soundbox.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Kellach Woods - 01-01-2016

Meh, Square-Enix aren't exactly known for making good decisions nor even basing their decisions on things that make sense.

"We'll release DQXI in NA if DQ Heroes sells well." as a very sour personal example. Don't get me wrong. I fucking love DQ Heroes. However, why would people purchase a hack and slash spinoff just so they can MAYBE get the game they actually want later down the line?

I guess nobody complained about crafting specializations then. I mean, the skills are so useful that nobody ever uses them. Or Gathering collectables. Or PvE problems that aren't Alexander. Or PvP in general.

Like, official forums are essentially white noise. Nothing good can come of there and nobody wants their complaints mixed with that trash.

In so far as LoV/Chocobo Racing are concerned, they're minigames that, well, don't lead to anything substantial. The MGP you can get from them is kind of bleh, LoV is a genre of game that not a lot of people necessarily appreciate (doubly so because we did not actually get the Lord of Vermillion game here due to its' arcade only release), there's no tangible reward that's worth it by simply doing these games to get people on the fence actually in there.

At the moment, I'm looking at what they're doing this HW patch cycle and I'm having a hard time justifying the continued subscription and purchase of the next expansion.

Also the following quote :

Quote:But it is my hope for 2016 that we remember how it feels to be a new player, and I want to keep this in mind as we move forward together.

is a fucking joke and a half.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Edgar - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 10:08 AM)Oli! Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 10:00 AM)Wemrys Wrote: Not sure what to tell you there, this is how the game has been since launch and this is how most treadmill/vertical progression MMOs have been working for a long while.

As for the preview itself...I don't think we're fighting the entire Warring Triad. Likely we're fighting Fiend/Doom first (as pictured) and then we'll fight the other two in each patch after leading up to a battle against all three in some manner.

I for one am glad that some of the content is gonna be tied to the MSQ. I just hope the MSQ lasts longer than an hour this time.

It's always been this way, sure.

Doesn't mean that people can't or won't grow tired of it.

I really like the game and I'm trying my best to keep playing it, but I really wish that they would do something that doesn't feel like it's getting totally pointless.

You and I both. I've said on multiple occasions that the community is legitimately the only reason I play this game, anymore. I have friends, here and there, and I get good rp every now and then, but I'll be the first to admit the daily grind for tomestones is a mood-killer, and that the WoW Themepark MMORPG experience both saved and will inevitably kill this game.

Any time I hear them say, "We listened to feedback", I know it's just them lowering the costs of the old Tomestones so they can introduce new ones, lowering the difficulty on old raids so we can get to the new raids, etc. and really has nothing to do with us complaining about the system at all.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Cato - 01-01-2016

I imagine that the developers are more likely to listen to feedback if it's presented in a civil and responsible manner. I also suspect that quite a few of the more frustrated posters in this thread are simply tired of the genre as a whole rather than simply being weary of FFXIV. 

That's not to suggest that FFXIV is without flaws or that things should not change but negativity feeds off of negativity and little good comes out of people just venting about the game. If things become too stale? Take a break and do something else for a while! The game will still be here if and when you return...perhaps even with new content available if you wait long enough.

Compared to what the likes of WoW are offering, however, I think we get a pretty sweet deal when it comes to FFXIV.

There's flaws that need to be fixed - such as housing and the need for new forms of long lasting content - but I feel like people have been blowing the situation out of proportion and should wait at least until 3.2 before they claim that the game is truly declining.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Oli! - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 08:27 PM)Graeham Wrote: I imagine that the developers are more likely to listen to feedback if it's presented in a civil and responsible manner. I also suspect that quite a few of the more frustrated posters in this thread are simply tired of the genre as a whole rather than simply being weary of FFXIV. 

I'm not sure this is accurate, considering that many people on these boards are excited for the likes of Blade and Soul and Black Desert.

Not to mention that, again, it's possible to like some portions of a game and not other portions. Liking something in its totality is not at all necessary, and only liking portions of something is a common and expected way to approach many facets of life.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Cato - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 08:29 PM)Oli! Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 08:27 PM)Graeham Wrote: I imagine that the developers are more likely to listen to feedback if it's presented in a civil and responsible manner. I also suspect that quite a few of the more frustrated posters in this thread are simply tired of the genre as a whole rather than simply being weary of FFXIV. 

I'm not sure this is accurate, considering that many people on these boards are excited for the likes of Blade and Soul and Black Desert.

Not to mention that, again, it's possible to like some portions of a game and not other portions. Liking something in its totality is not at all necessary, and only liking portions of something is a common and expected way to approach many facets of life.

Well, take this with a pinch of salt for obvious reasons but...in my experience quite a lot of people on sites such as this gush over whatever is the 'next big thing' and find themselves eager to invest in new MMO's. Then they realise that for whatever reason those games become stagnant in their eyes, too, and either go back to their previous MMO of choice or once again set their sights on the next big MMO.

As for liking some portions of the game and not others? Yeah, I'm the same way. I figured that went without saying though. Yet there's some posters who seem to be consistently negative about the game as a whole and rarely have anything pleasant to say...which ties in with my earlier point about negativity.

I imagine quite a few players - myself included - are eagerly awaiting the arrival of some meaty new content. Yet it's much, much more useful if feedback is presented in a civil and constructive manner through the appropriate resources. I'm sure if somebody wrote a well written feedback thread and shared it on this site or tumblr then it'd gain quite a bit of attention from other players.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Kellach Woods - 01-01-2016

Other players aren't my concern unless they have a direct line to the developers and producers.

But for real though, specializations are way too centered on RNG to be worth the while. They'd need to redesign the idea of the skills and that is guaranteed not gonna happen before 4.0 if it ever happens.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Edgar - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 08:37 PM)Graeham Wrote:
(01-01-2016, 08:29 PM)Oli! Wrote:

Well, take this with a pinch of salt for obvious reasons but...in my experience quite a lot of people on sites such as this gush over whatever is the 'next big thing' and find themselves eager to invest in new MMO's. Then they realise that for whatever reason those games become stagnant in their eyes, too, and either go back to their previous MMO of choice or once again set their sights on the next big MMO.

As for liking some portions of the game and not others? Yeah, I'm the same way. I figured that went without saying though. Yet there's some posters who seem to be consistently negative about the game as a whole and rarely have anything pleasant to say...which ties in with my earlier point about negativity.

I imagine quite a few players - myself included - are eagerly awaiting the arrival of some meaty new content. Yet it's much, much more useful if feedback is presented in a civil and constructive manner through the appropriate resources. I'm sure if somebody wrote a well written feedback thread and shared it on this site or tumblr then it'd gain quite a bit of attention from other players.

I think it has less to do with behavior and more to do with money.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Kellach Woods - 01-02-2016

FYI - The portion of the Warring Triad they showed us was originally called Doom in the SNES version.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Zezeki - 01-02-2016

I, for one, am looking forwards to the patch.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Aldotsk - 01-02-2016

At this point, I can see half community in this site are happy with how this game is going, and the other half who are not happy with how its going.

There is barely any more information than what is being briefly said by Yoshi-P on that letter. He just kind of talked about the new Alexander and flying turtle but barely on what kind of gears or what he will change in 3.2. So why are people just jumping into conclusion as if they know what this man will do anyways?

I am as upset as everyone else with Relic but I just kind of shrugged atm and go slow at it. Not having an Anima won't kill me just yet.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Kellach Woods - 01-02-2016

(01-02-2016, 09:10 AM)Aldotsk Wrote: There is barely any more information than what is being briefly said by Yoshi-P on that letter. He just kind of talked about the new Alexander and flying turtle but barely on what kind of gears or what he will change in 3.2. So why are people just jumping into conclusion as if they know what this man will do anyways?

Because 3.0, 3.1 and 3.15 weren't exactly stellar examples in our eyes.

And it's not just relic. Relic was the cherry on top of the HW in general.

RE: Patch 3.2 News and Previews - Estimated Drop Date Feb 2016 - Aaron - 01-02-2016

Good thing I don't care enough about any of this to complain lol.

Nothing really catches me as game breaking save maybe farming new times, but that's to be expected iirc for an mmo.

In the end, I really don't see the astounding high expectations some people seem to have for this. It's like they were setting themselves up for a reality check.

To me it's less the farming than just how bad they've made certain aspects of the game.

In a sense, they say "We'll fix Alex!" when the problem isn't so much Alex as it is that there's literally nothing else to do PvE wise at 60. Just think, we'll get as much dungeons at 60 as 2.0... two patches in! And technically, that's not even true because some of them have iLevel locks!

Typically you'll get people to accept the grind easier if you dress it differently. They haven't done that yet and it's looking like they won't since they're too busy stacking up more stuff on top of the flimsy endgame.