Hydaelyn Role-Players
Housing on Balmung - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Housing on Balmung (/showthread.php?tid=14783)

Pages: 1 2

Housing on Balmung - Akasumi - 12-31-2015

So, I was doing a quest in Lavender Beds.  And I noticed EVERY ward is full.  So does that mean, being I'm a late comer to FFXIV, I'm pretty much shit outta luck in terms of housing when I reach the level to own a home?

RE: Housing on Balmung - MBajihri - 12-31-2015

More will come out or you can bribe someone to relinquish their plot so you can purchase it! Don't give up hope, but it'll be a LOT of work.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Ashe - 12-31-2015

They are releasing more houses soon and as FCs die, their homes will be repossessed. Same with single player homes.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Nebbs - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 09:09 PM)Akasumi Wrote: So, I was doing a quest in Lavender Beds.  And I noticed EVERY ward is full.  So does that mean, being I'm a late comer to FFXIV, I'm pretty much shit outta luck in terms of housing when I reach the level to own a home?

This has been the since.. a long time.

Alternative are a room with an FC, try and find one that is released, convince someone to relinquish the plot.

I expect there will be competition for released plots though.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Enla - 12-31-2015

(12-31-2015, 10:15 PM)Nebbs Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 09:09 PM)Akasumi Wrote: So, I was doing a quest in Lavender Beds.  And I noticed EVERY ward is full.  So does that mean, being I'm a late comer to FFXIV, I'm pretty much shit outta luck in terms of housing when I reach the level to own a home?

This has been the since.. a long time.

Alternative are a room with an FC, try and find one that is released, convince someone to relinquish the plot.

I expect there will be competition for released plots though.
Oh there definitely will be. I hope for SE's sake they release at least four to eight more wards. Or people are going to FLIP.

RE: Housing on Balmung - LiadansWhisper - 01-01-2016

(12-31-2015, 10:28 PM)Enla Wrote: Oh there definitely will be. I hope for SE's sake they release at least four to eight more wards. Or people are going to FLIP.

People have flipped before. Thing is, SE doesn't appear to particularly care.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Aldotsk - 01-01-2016

Instead you'll be able to get your own "mansion" which is basically an apartment of private chamber in the future.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Akasumi - 01-01-2016

So, in essence, what I'm gathering is:  Become VERY rich in terms of gil, probably bordering on the hundreds of millions of gil, to HOPEFULLY find someone willing enough to give up their plot through bribery, or you will be one of the - "Tough shit, kid, better luck next millenia" crowd and be happy with an inn room as your 'plot'.  Because the chance of Enix releasing anything new is like trying to win Powerball in the states.  A one in a billion shot.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Kage - 01-01-2016

Additional wards are planned for 3.3

Sometime after are apartments and then isghard wards. Problem with wards is that there is a lot of gil in circulation that even the max price non-devalued houses can go very fast. 5mil, 35 mil, 70mil ranges.

It should be noted that people are now receiving warnings for their public sales on PF given enough reports (don't know anything about WTB pfs).

RE: Housing on Balmung - Enla - 01-01-2016

(01-01-2016, 01:10 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(12-31-2015, 10:28 PM)Enla Wrote: Oh there definitely will be. I hope for SE's sake they release at least four to eight more wards. Or people are going to FLIP.

People have flipped before. Thing is, SE doesn't appear to particularly care.

They do seem to care when the Japanese player base does, however, and while housing doesn't seem to be on the top of their list of complaints from what I've seen the general consensus amongst the overseas players is starting to come very much in line with our own on other matters. With any hope SE will be more giving towards the issues all of it's players have rather than sweep it all under the rug. Then again, I'm not holding my breath.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Cassandra - 01-02-2016

People have flipped before.  Thing is, SE doesn't appear to particularly care.

Can't say I entirely agree given the additions coming in 3.3 onward. I think it's more they continuously underestimate the greed of people (selling houses for absurdly high mark ups) and didn't truly appreciate the overwhelming popularity of the "slice of life" genre for western audiences. Granted, I'm speaking more for the FFXIV dev team than SE itself, I suppose.

RE: Housing on Balmung - Shofie - 01-17-2016

You don't need hundreds of millions of gil; you just need to be patient and diligent in checking the housing wards and seeing if a plot is available to purchase. I imagine the easiest  way to do this is just camp the Aetheryte in the housing area you're most interested in, and wait to see if a plot becomes available.

Or camp in the ward you want, etc. That said, this is always a gamble and incredibly time-consuming, so whether this is actually a viable option is up to you.

They're going to add "apartments" and the Ishgard housing ward "soon", so that's something to look forward to.

RE: Housing on Balmung - LiadansWhisper - 01-17-2016

(01-17-2016, 05:35 PM)Shofie Wrote: You don't need hundreds of millions of gil; you just need to be patient and diligent in checking the housing wards and seeing if a plot is available to purchase. I imagine the easiest  way to do this is just camp the Aetheryte in the housing area you're most interested in, and wait to see if a plot becomes available.

Or camp in the ward you want, etc. That said, this is always a gamble and incredibly time-consuming, so whether this is actually a viable option is up to you.

They're going to add "apartments" and the Ishgard housing ward "soon", so that's something to look forward to.

If only I didn't have a job...

RE: Housing on Balmung - Shofie - 01-17-2016

Yeah, having a job can be a pretty big hindrance to getting things done sometimes in-game. ;_;

RE: Housing on Balmung - Kellach Woods - 01-18-2016

People have flipped before.  Thing is, SE doesn't appear to particularly care.

On this, or literally anything else.