Hydaelyn Role-Players
bonjour from Balmung! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: bonjour from Balmung! (/showthread.php?tid=14824)

bonjour from Balmung! - Sunwins - 01-04-2016

Hi friends!

I’m brand new to FFXIV and I thought I’d drop in and say hello in the hopes of making a few friends on here! I’m not too sure what to start with so I’m just going to answer the optional prompts!
  • MMORPG background:
I’ve role-played primarily on World of Warcraft where addons like MRP and chat extensions that allowed me to post my monster emotes in one hit saved my life. I’ve played Guild Wars II and I did a free trial on Wildstar, but it neither really grabbed me like Warcraft and FFXIV have. I’m a shiny brand new player to FFXIV though, and I’m utterly enthralled. 
  • RP Experience:
I’ve been RPing for almost a decade, now. Eight to nine years - I’m not sure on exacts. I started off on forums (mostly Harry Potter forums - don’t judge, they’re great!) until I learned that people actually did RP on mmos! I’ve roleplayed for around two years on World of Warcraft (and I still do to an extent), and I gave Guild Wars II a try before I found FFXIV! I consider myself literate/advanced, and I super love both long storylines and casual ic-chatter. If it’s RP, I love it.
  • Character Ideas/info:
Currently, I only have three properly fleshed out characters, and I’m very open to more! All of them are linked below if you'd like to know more, and if you'd love to plot!
  • How did you learn about the coalition?
Google! I just googled which server was the FFXIV go-to RP server, and I found this great site. I’m so glad it exists!
  • What kind of role-player are you aiming to be?
I’m a heavy RPer, I always have been. I like to primarily be IC, I like to be immersed, I love deep, long, introspective storylines, and I love casual walk-ups. I want to be someone who has a solid, exciting storyline going.
  • Anything from real life you’re comfortable with sharing?
I am 22 years old, I’m from Australia, I’m currently at university where I’m learning French to go on an exchange in Paris in two years time! I have a pet dog, and I house-sit sometimes for money! Woo!

That’s me! If you want to add me on anything - please feel free! My skype is katsicles, my tumblr is sunwins, and my aim is fairycandles. Please get in touch if you’d like to RP, I’m so up for it!

RE: bonjour from Balmung! - Simeon Sibaruse - 01-04-2016

Greetings here,

You know, I was somehow surprised to see a fellow countryman here given the title. And you broke all my hopes! For that, I can't bring myself to hate you. It's better when fate play a trick on you. Really, masterwork!

Anyway, hope you will blend well, and now, for the main dish...

Disclaimer: 'Tis ain't mean to be offensive, it's quite in adequation with the avatar.

That make only two characters described over the three mentionned no?

As well as the signature... kukuku.

Frak, even the disclaimer was looking like a prank.

See you IG maybe! (No really, I'm better IC than here. I don't pull pranks.)

RE: bonjour from Balmung! - Melkire - 01-04-2016

STRAYA

Forum roleplay, huh? Always catches my eye. Welcome to RPC! Hoping to see you around! Cactuar

Lominsan thieves, hnnnnngh yessssss.

RE: bonjour from Balmung! - Aya - 01-04-2016

Interesting! Welcome to Balmung! Were you able to make characters here?

RE: bonjour from Balmung! - Roe Dad - 01-05-2016

Welcome!

RE: bonjour from Balmung! - Sunwins - 01-06-2016

Thank you all for your lovely welcomes!!! : D

@ Smeon - Oh, I’m so sorry, hahaha! Maybe one day I will become a fellow countryman??? It’s certainly a goal! I’m still working out parts of the third, and I was low-key hoping no one would notice, haha. Curse your keen eyes. I hope to see you around in-game, too!! 

Yes, good ‘ol ‘Straya, and I wasn’t able to get on Balmung, no! I tried getting on the server a couple times after maintenances but if it was ever open, it was only for a short window. I made a bunch of characters and just paid the $18 to move them, which was a bit annoying but I think it was worth it, since I moved a whole lot and not just one singular character. So, I'm here!!! and I'm very excited!!