Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Balmung] Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle (/showthread.php?tid=14843)

Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Accendie - 01-05-2016

Crossposted from their tumbler with permission. See HERE for latest updated information.

[Image: tumblr_o0gfhy4ZXL1tg7aaro1_1280.png]

Feel the need for some refinement after indulging a bit too much over the holidays? The Drunken Moogle is throwing a Masquerade Ball open to all on Saturday the 16[sup]th[/sup] of January.
The ball starts 5pm (EST) at the Lavender Bed Docks, Ward 4. (Balmung)

We hope to see you in your fanciest gowns and suits complete with masks to add that little touch of mystery.
Lights go up on stage at 6pm, when the famous [/url]@waltzconcerto will be performing some of his latest songs.
During the evening we will be moving through the crowd, selecting the three best dressed to win a piece of character art each. The winners of the “Best Dressed” of the ball will be announced at 7pm and then forced to take a Stuffed Moogle home with them.
To close off the night we will be holding a raffle with some pretty exciting prizes, including more character art, clothing and some of most sought after pets. The raffle will be announced at 8pm, please be available then to collect your prize.
Art is kindly being donated by:
@haliblossom
@linwa-tia
@diskwrite-ffxiv
[url=http://tmblr.co/mAeUZYisecsTmsp1guXUCbA]@azrianthorne
Special thanks to @crescent-ffxiv for their help
Entry Details and List of Prizes to be won

Entry Details
Entry to both the Best Dressed competition and the raffle is free. We just ask that you’re on hand to receive your prize when the winners are announced.

To enter the best dressed competition simply send an ask to us here at Drunken Moogle with “Best Dressed” along with your character’s name. Or contact Meela Jakkya in game. Entries close on January 16[sup]th[/sup] at 6pm (EST) when Waltz takes to the stage. Please be on hand at 7pm to be dragged out in front of everyone and given your crown (Moogle).
Similarly, to enter the raffle, send a message to us here at Drunken Moogle with, “Raffle” along with yourcharacter’s name. Or contact Meela Jakkya in game. Entries to the raffle also closes on January 16[sup]th[/sup] at 6pm (EST). Please be available at 8pm to receive your prize.
Prizes - Best Dressed
Three winners will be selected, each will receive character art and a Stuffed Moogle.
Prizes - Raffle
Even More Character Art
Clothing
  • Thavnairian Bustier Set (5 pieces) (Female Only)
  • Thavnairian Bolero Set (5 pieces)
  • High House Justaucorps (4 pieces) (Chest – Male only)
  • High House Bustle (3 pieces) (Chest – Female only)
  • Falconer’s Set (3 pieces)
  • Company Tabard and Hat (2 pieces)

Minions
  • Gaelikitten
  • Gestahl
  • Baby Opo-opo
  • Bluebird
  • Owlet
  • Tiny Tapir
  • Tomato King
  • Nana Bear
  • Ugly Duckling
  • Unicolt

And we’ll throw in another couple of Stuffed Moogles to round it all off.
Hope to see you there!

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Accendie - 01-09-2016

Just a week to go, are you excited? I’m excited.

You know what? To show you how excited we all are, we’re adding a Lesser Panda to the raffle giveaway.

[Image: tumblr_inline_o0pi2zoye01sjv6tx_250.png]

Just think, you could have that cute face peeking over your shoulder.

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Kurt S. - 01-10-2016

Must....

Not...

Come...

In....

VOID ARK DRG HELMET

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Accendie - 01-10-2016

Just a FYI: entries for the Best Dressed and the Raffle drawing are seperate! Apparently there have been a lot for the former and little for the latter.

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Ashe - 01-10-2016

(01-10-2016, 12:24 AM)Kurt S. Wrote: Must....

Not...

Come...

In....

VOID ARK DRG HELMET
OMG KURT!!!!!
Don't embarrass our FC .______.
Haha

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Cheezie - 01-11-2016

Totally going to this!

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - DrDucker - 01-14-2016

I AM RED DUCK

and i will delightfully attend this gathering. Smile

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Kilid/Torhe - 01-16-2016

A huge thanks to the hosts from us at Jackal & Hide!  It was an amazingly people-packed fun few hours, and kudos to all the amazing outfits and original ideas on display! <3

(Also, yay for winning a commission! Big Grin Dances about)

Took a, uhh... a few' screenshots, also! There wasn't exactly a shortage of material on display to snap.

Show Content

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Coatleque - 01-16-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:54 PM)Kilid Wrote: Took a, uhh... a few' screenshots, also!

Nice depth of field. Are these shots edited? If not, I'm wondering what your graphics settings are.

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Yandros - 01-17-2016

Had a wonderful time at the event!

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Nebbs - 01-17-2016

Really nice ball and location.

[Image: ffxiv_16012016_234054.jpg]

[Image: ffxiv_16012016_230612%252520%2525282%252529.jpg]

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Kilid/Torhe - 01-17-2016

(01-16-2016, 11:54 PM)Coatleque Wrote: Nice depth of field.  Are these shots edited?  If not, I'm wondering what your graphics settings are.

Nope, no editing done after the shots were taken, I really don't have the patience for that given the amoutn of screenshot I take at events (My screenshot folder currently has over 11k images in it <_<Wink.  I've been using Reshade ( http://reshade.me/ ) ever since it was available, and SweetFX and MasterFX before that, when all these things were packaged seperately and making them play nice with each other was a special kind of headache.

Anyway, what you're seeing in the screenshots above is the combination of post-processing effects I use when taking screenshots at events - it incorporates:

Ambient occlusion (SAO with a lowered clamp, I found occasional black borders appearing with the default settings, there are five other settings and a seventh, more powerful and accurate implementation to come) to further enhance the feeling of depth.
Depth of field (Matso DoF - it's a rather nice DoF that incorporates bokeh.  Magic DoF is potentially far more powerful in regards to the blur a far lower FPS cost, but loses out on the lighting and extra features, and I've not spent much time with the other two.)
Tonemap to enhance the colour vibrancy
Curves to adjust (and greatly strengthen) the contrast
Ambient light for the fantastic amalgamation of effect it incorporates (Default settings on this one... maybe.  Might have turned on a few extra options?)
SMAA and additional FXAA (I'm aware I should just pick one and work on finding the best settings... probably SMAA for the high-end screenshots as it can, if you so choose, incorporate the depth buffer for additional accuracy)
Gaussian blur and bloom added atop all the above to soften the image ever so slightly even more.

The end result is very pretty in my eyes, and is the primary reason I have so many damned screenshots - everything stands out and demands attention!  However, I admit, it's also very strong as I'm rather fond of the somewhat exaggerated look >_>

Oh, and it's also incredibly performance intensive, and what would normally be 65-95 FPS, scene depending, drops to ~25 FPS with all of the above turned on.

For normal day to day gameplay, it's just tonemap and curves incorporated into a LUT, and SMAA (With the depth buffer disabled in the common settings, as even without depth of field, it'll still be using the depth buffer unless you specify otherwise, which can take an extra few FPS with no actual visible benefit).  The end result is a far more vibrant game world with less jagged edges, and it only takes 1-2 extra FPS.

I think Inarah uses the same gameplay settings as I do, and I know that a fair few Jackals have begun playing around with their own settings, some favouring the softer blurred look, others using the sharpening features (Adaptive sharpen and luma sharpen) to increase texture detail to individual preference.

I'd not recommend use depth of field for normal gameplay, as sadly reshade can't differentiate between the game and the UI at the moment (There is a UI mask tool, but for games with multiple movable UI elements it's just not practical). It is a feature that's on the cards though, just not ready yet.  Sadly, this makes it impractical as the UI ends up blurring with the distant background.

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Roe Dad - 01-17-2016

Fun event managed to make some friends, and talk to some people I have known a while.

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Martiallais - 01-17-2016

Thanks for this guys, I know myself and several other <Bell> folks had a blast!

RE: Masquerade Ball hosted by The Drunken Moogle - Alderique - 01-18-2016

Thank you Drunken Moogle & Co. for this event and making me regret that I haven't unlocked the Sundrop Dance sooner.

A couple of screenshots.

Show Content