Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII (/showthread.php?tid=14949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - LiadansWhisper - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 04:32 PM)Kage Wrote: [Image: c94f76701618bca4c66d8361ad7ada1876340149.jpg][Image: 3d0a71e3d780c867ffa386dd5b874e3dd0c2669e.jpg]

Okay then I stand corrected. I need to go back and look at my cutscenes, since A-Towa is the only one who I noticed with pointed ears, and I've been around E-Sumi many times (due to RP) since then.

I thought A-Towa was just pale because he was dead, tho, and you were essentially seeing his "force ghost" (sorry, best label I have!). I didn't read that as proof he was Elezen.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 04:38 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 04:32 PM)Kage Wrote: [Image: c94f76701618bca4c66d8361ad7ada1876340149.jpg][Image: 3d0a71e3d780c867ffa386dd5b874e3dd0c2669e.jpg]

Okay then I stand corrected.  I need to go back and look at my cutscenes, since A-Towa is the only one who I noticed with pointed ears, and I've been around E-Sumi many times (due to RP) since then.

I thought A-Towa was just pale because he was dead, tho, and you were essentially seeing his "force ghost" (sorry, best label I have!).  I didn't read that as proof he was Elezen.
Sounsyy reminded me that ghosts we have seen (Edda and Louisoix) are not pale.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Teadrinker - 01-15-2016

Wanna see if I can get feedback on this before asking it because someone might know:

What is the current 'overwhelming' Ishgardian attitude towards other races? Lala/Miqo but Au Ra specifically. I've found it difficult to find a solid answer to this.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Unnamed Mercenary - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 05:21 PM)Teadrinker Wrote: Wanna see if I can get feedback on this before asking it because someone might know:

What is the current 'overwhelming' Ishgardian attitude towards other races? Lala/Miqo but Au Ra specifically. I've found it difficult to find a solid answer to this.

I want to say the DRK questline talks about Au Ra in Ishgard, but I haven't started it. Otherwise, all I know is that Ishgardians are very xenophobic. ...I don't think it's a matter of race (outside of Au Ra "looking" like dragons) as much as it is a matter of country/culture.

We have seen that Elezen Ishgardians generally have higher status, but then looking at people in the Brume show there are poor Ishgardians of any race (already in Ishgard).

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - V'aleera - 01-15-2016

Au Ra have been present in Coerthas for the better part of two decades, so while Ishgardians may think they're weird I would imagine the bulk of the shock at their appearance has passed.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-15-2016

Quote:Greetings, everyone!

Thanks for the large amount of questions we've received so far. I'm sure Koji is looking forward to them and is probably already thinking about answers to some of these!

As a reminder, this thread is only for questions related to the game localization (lore, quest-related text, naming of NPC/gear/monsters, etc.) and Koji himself!
We won't be picking up questions from here that aren't related to the topic. I appreciate your cooperation!

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Nero - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 05:30 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 05:21 PM)Teadrinker Wrote: Wanna see if I can get feedback on this before asking it because someone might know:

I want to say the DRK questline talks about Au Ra in Ishgard, but I haven't started it. Otherwise, all I know is that Ishgardians are very xenophobic. ...I don't think it's a matter of race (outside of Au Ra "looking" like dragons) as much as it is a matter of country/culture.

We have seen that Elezen Ishgardians generally have higher status, but then looking at people in the Brume show there are poor Ishgardians of any race (already in Ishgard).

It's worth noting that Sidurgu, the DRK trainer, came to Ishgard as a child, and said that during that period (which we can roughly assume to be at the very least 7+ years ago, assuming Sidurgu is at least 20 years old, Au Ra were being killed on sight by the Temple Knights for being assumed to be Dravanians. If we de-escalate from there, Au Ra are probably treated as second-class citizens at best in the same vein of black people in the post-Civil War era.

This is all just speculation built on a lot of assumptions, however, and I personally find it a little silly that there is no answer to such a glaring facet--Eorzea's reaction to an entirely new species of Spoken--but then I've been disdainful of Square Enix's worldbuilding for a while now.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Teadrinker - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 07:07 PM)Nero Wrote: This is all just speculation built on a lot of assumptions, however, and I personally find it a little silly that there is no answer to such a glaring facet--Eorzea's reaction to an entirely new species of Spoken--but then I've been disdainful of Square Enix's worldbuilding for a while now.

Very much this.

It's foggy so I'll be asking. Thanks guys.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Martiallais - 01-15-2016

Thanks Kage for grabbing some of mine earlier, here's the full list so far for +1'ing.

Where are all the tribal Lohengarde? 

Does the anti-Duskwight sentiment in the Black Shroud carry over into Ishgard?

There are hints towards this but could you please confirm if House Dzemael is a Duskwight house/allows in Duskwights? Seriously, are there Duskies in Ishgard?

Could you tell us about any Duskwight specific cultural practices?

We've seen the structure and military set up for each of the other three city states, any chance of us getting that kind of information for Ishgard?

What was Sharlayan day to day life like?

AST Question here: What exactly do they read in the sky? We know there are the six in game cards which all correspond to constellations, that there's a dragon star, and that the sun, moon, and even (formerly) Dalamud were taken into consideration as well. But are there other planets in the solar system they can see too? Are there other major constellations or stars? Do the Twelve factor in at all, since they each have a month aspected to them?

Are there rituals and offerings left to the Twelve? If so, what sorts of things are left and could you give us a description of any of these rituals?

Can you offer any other details on worship/religion surrounding the Twelve other than Halone and Nald'Thal?

Could you PLEASE elaborate on the "alternative methods" used to become a White Mage? This was mentioned ages and ages ago but it hasn't been touched on since. Even noting that it's still on the way/being considered would be appreciated.

Can the Elementals (in the Black Shroud) distinguish between individuals? It's strongly suggested that they Greenwrath all over the place because they can't tell the people who caused the Greenwrath from the innocents who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. So is it that they can't tell the difference or that they don't care?

How does one become a Temple Knight in Ishgard?

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kellach Woods - 01-15-2016

(01-15-2016, 08:41 PM)Martiallais Wrote: How does one become a Temple Knight in Ishgard?

BSM 50-60 is all about getting a former noble gal into a tournament to select recruits for the Temple Knights, which'd restore her honor (and her coffers).

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - V'aleera - 01-16-2016

Also killing a dragon can get you into the Temple Knights (and/or dragoons).

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Edgar - 01-16-2016

From Sidurgu's experience, we can gather that Ishgard views the Au Ra as being of Dravanian descent.

FF Wikia Wrote:One of the many refugees from Doma in the wake of Garlean occupation, a young Sidurgu and his family found their way to Ishgard. Because of the misconceptions of Au Ra being of Dravanian descent, they were slaughtered indiscriminately. Sidurgu was made to watch his parents die but before the sword could find his own neck, he was saved by the one who would become his master, the first of the dark knights. The atrocities he experienced at the hands of the Holy See tempered Sidurgu's will, and with his master's teachings, learned to turn his hatred for the Temple Knights into a power he could use to protect the weak.

Whether or not that attitude prevails in the wake of the events of the Expanision I can't say for sure.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Erik Mynhier - 01-16-2016

Upvote my stuff because we are friends and stuff.... maybe.... idk.

Grand Company Stuff

Normal non-insane looking horses

Adding Personal Rooms to Personal Houses

Lore Library Request

Phoenix stuff because i like firebirds

New Job Hints

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Riven - 01-16-2016

(01-15-2016, 11:26 AM)Virella Wrote:
(01-15-2016, 11:24 AM)Riven Wrote: VI! It won't let me log into the main forums-can you please ask this question for me?  

"Regarding Ishgard-are the hyur who live there also under threat of the dragon-curse as well, or is it only restricted to the Elezen?"
There you go <3
Upvote mine if you can, guys!  There's not very much lore on how the hyur settled into Ishgard, and it would be interesting to know their history there!

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-16-2016

Apparently it needs a reminder

(01-15-2016, 06:30 PM)Kage Wrote:
Quote:Greetings, everyone!

Thanks for the large amount of questions we've received so far. I'm sure Koji is looking forward to them and is probably already thinking about answers to some of these!

As a reminder, this thread is only for questions related to the game localization (lore, quest-related text, naming of NPC/gear/monsters, etc.) and Koji himself!
We won't be picking up questions from here that aren't related to the topic. I appreciate your cooperation!