Hydaelyn Role-Players
Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII (/showthread.php?tid=14949)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-18-2016

I've removed the repeated linked questions from my post and starting a new post with other questions that I've added to the thread after last Friday.

It's been almost a year since you posted about having finished the quest story to explain Sasamo's 80 sins. Have you been able to get this quest approved and into the game? If not, can you finally explain what Sasamo did?

What are the Elementals currently doing and why does it take them so long to recoup? Will we ever see them make a resurgence in affluence and power?

With Heavensward, we've learned there's lot more to the 'primals' than before. Are the Twelve any different from the Beast Tribe gods or are they closer to what the Ascians have been teaching people for so long?

Thordan and Shiva, even King Mog seem to be different primals than Ifrit, Titan, Garuda, Leviathan and Ramuh. Thordan and Shiva seem be controlled by Thordan and Iceheart. Primals such as Ifrit and Ravana seem to be sentient or sapient towards those whose desires and beliefs brought them to fruition. What contributes to these differences?

What are the differences from being a chosen of Hydaelyn, a Warrior of Light, and having echo? Not all people are chosen by Hydaelyn and certainly fewer are Warriors of Light but many do have the echo.

There is an elezen that is referred to as Lord Tedalgrinche of House Dzemael. Is he just a Knight of the House or is he one of Count Thieveneux de Dzemael's sons?

What kind of physical racial features do pureblooded Garleans have other than the lack of ability to manipulate aether and their Third Eye? Are they more similar to Elezen (Nero and Nael) or more similar to Highlanders (Cid?). Are they all light haired?

We know of a trueborn son, Archombadin de Dzemael who seems to be a Wildwood Elezen and Ser Grinnaux de Dzemael seems to be a trueborn Duskwight. Are these assumptions true? Is House Dzemael mixed Duskwight and Wildwood? Did Count Thieveneux become a widow for a bit or are we mistaken about his trueborn sons' clans?

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-20-2016

We understand that a week for FFXIV is to be 8 suns, or 8 days. However, there exists the usage of the words sennight and fortnight. Usually these come to mean 1 week or 2 weeks as they are for 7 nights or 14 nights. Do these terms still mean 7 nights and 14 nights or do they stand for eorzean weeks (8 nights / 16 nights)?

Some questions asked that others may find interesting.

Can you give us some insight into Keeper of the Moon homelife? I'm especially interested in the position of males in society, since we have so few males of this clan in-game (even compared to Seeker males) and almost no lore for them.

Based on the tiny bit of lore in the naming conventions post, I'd originally guessed that, male Keepers might take on a more traditionally feminine role, kept safe at home with the kids while the females go out and do the rougher work, and worked this into my character's backstory...But in unofficial discussions I often see the idea that Keeper males spend most of their time alone, only coming into contact with family units when they're wanted for breeding. So what are Keeper family dynamics actually like, or will we actually get to see an in-game example sometime?

What, exactly, are the lore mechanics behind the "Raise"-style spells available to players and seemingly other experienced conjurers/white mages/et cetera?

It seems fairly clear that the healers of the realm cannot simply restore the deceased to true life at will - in the conjurer questline, Sylphie fails to raise a fallen Wood Wailer minutes after his fatal wound, and Edda's infamous attempts at raising the long-deceased (to say nothing of the nature of the injury!) led to piles of undead horrors and attendant voidsent. And yet, simultaneously, the ability to Raise in combat seems to be somewhat in-lore - the debuffs act as though the event occurred, and the same conjurer questline makes it clear that Sylphie could have conceivably saved that man's life with more proper training.

So what precisely are the "magical mechanics" of such spells in lore? Are they essentially "magical defibrillators" - spells that, while incapable of truly "raising the dead", still prevent "proper" death in a body which is suffering various kinds of organic/cardiovascular failure? Is the one "Raise" spell on our bars meant to cover a whole battery of advanced healing litanies for major injuries, from non-fatal skeletal fractures to more potentially lethal organ-puncturing wounds? For that matter, how potent are the Cure-type spells - do they simply soothe injury or are we talking "cuts seal shut before your eyes" levels of power, even with Cure 1? Also, how widely available is this sort of magic to the average Eorzean? Has it increased the standard of "medicine" in Eorzea and beyond?

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-28-2016

Links updated, 42 hours until the stream. If you have lore questions, check the thread! Unfortunately there's a -lot- of game questions but be sure to follow through on liking some of your fellow lore-interested roleplayers or ask your own question on lore if it hasn't been asked already!

Possible they were all chosen already Sad

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/278759-Ask-Questions-for-Letter-from-the-Producer-LIVE-Part-XXVII%21-%28Localization-Koji-Fox%29?p=3544778&viewfull=1#post3544778

Fernehalwes Wrote:Greetings!

First off, I would like to extend a personal thank you to everyone who took the time to post a PLL question for me. I understand that recently I haven't been as active on the forums as was the case in the past, and for that I apologize. While work on FINAL FANTASY XIV remains my main focus, as one of the senior members of the entire Square Enix Localization department, I am also expected to handle countless other tasks ranging from the mundane...to the extremely mundane. These other tasks have been sapping most of my free time--time I usually employ to scour the Lodestone forums for questions I can field.

The good news is, things have begun to calm down somewhat. This means that I can hopefully set aside a few moments to address some of the questions that have been burning in your minds. This PLL is one such opportunity, and it's looking like I will be able to answer about 10-15 of the questions posted to the forums. The thing is, there were far more than 10-15 questions posed, and a lot of those were just as good as the ones we selected for answering. So, what I'm going to do is...

1) As the PLL will be held in Japanese, I'll aim to have an English recap of my portion of the PLL up as soon as possible--hopefully by the following Sunday evening (PST).

2) The week or so after the PLL, I'll try to address questions (a few at a time) that weren't chosen for the show by posting my replies here on the forums.

We're currently in the middle of patch 3.2 translation, so it may take a while for me to get to the majority of the queries, but I want to field as many as possible, be it lore questions or localization questions...or even that question I got on the JP forums about my favorite ramen. (It's miso+butter, by the way)

Until then!

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Martiallais - 01-28-2016

Well really that's cool if he's actually going to answer the rest! And yeah I'm trying to stretch and think of any other questions but I'm at a loss right now. =/

(01-28-2016, 11:05 AM)Martiallais Wrote: Well really that's cool if he's actually going to answer the rest! And yeah I'm trying to stretch and think of any other questions but I'm at a loss right now. =/

I am a petty person and someone tried to tell me I was wrong so I must needed to tell them they were wrong about telling me I was wrong.

Ser Grinnaux uses the Duskwight model gdi!!

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Martiallais - 01-28-2016

(01-28-2016, 11:20 AM)Kage Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:05 AM)Martiallais Wrote: Well really that's cool if he's actually going to answer the rest! And yeah I'm trying to stretch and think of any other questions but I'm at a loss right now. =/

I am a petty person and someone tried to tell me I was wrong so I must needed to tell them they were wrong about telling me I was wrong.

THANK YOU! I literally spent all day yesterday at work trying to come up with a lore question so I could respond to that person. >_>

(01-28-2016, 11:22 AM)Martiallais Wrote:
(01-28-2016, 11:20 AM)Kage Wrote:

THANK YOU! I literally spent all day yesterday at work trying to come up with a lore question so I could respond to that person. >_>
I just decided petty Kage was the way to go since there were a bunch of posts that would be ignored by the team anyway. One post 'off-topic' is ok. xD I was going to be really petty with pictures and tumblr links showing it but I thought a simple "You do know that it's a Duskwight model correct?" would suffice.

I'll try to compile Fern's posts in a thread in FFXIV Discussion. The PLL compilation will be reposted here as it is the most apt thread.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-30-2016

UPDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATE [d first post]

BTW. GAMERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
My life is complete.
[Image: x6X2DMw.gif]

ALBUM FOR SLIDES OF LIVE LETTER

[youtube]DF2C7sq7HcI[/youtube]

GNATH MOUNT
[Image: gnath-1024x515.png]

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kellach Woods - 01-30-2016

IT TOOK THEM 2 FUCKING PATCHES BUT MY DREAM CAME TRUE. NO MORE STR TANKING!

Also they got a Paissa in my DQ Builders.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Melkire - 01-30-2016

"A setting to display the recast timer in numbers will be added."

ABOUT GODDAMNED TIME. Heart

Massively stoked that we can now queue as a party for most of the roulettes. Dyeable Allagan gear SCREEEEEEEEEEECH. S1T7 cannot come soon enough. And I have one thing to say re: that MCH outfit: good looking gear is back.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kellach Woods - 01-30-2016

Good looking gear never left.

*poses in non-glamoured equipment*

...ignore that.

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Steel Wolf - 01-30-2016

VIT having an effect on my ability to tank properly. HOPEFULLY we'll see some ways to better manage and maintain threat when I have five buttons to hit to even freaking ESTABLISH hate, but the change to VIT is a good start.

This I'm most interested in. The rest of the content pretty much hinges entirely on how this adjustment plays out and whether the game is worth my sub money.

Also, Hildy. :3

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Wemrys - 01-30-2016

Quote:By the way, there may just be other clans besides the Xaela and Raen...

WUT. I really hope this isn't one of those enigmatic things they refer to once and never talk about again...

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Virella - 01-30-2016

Senpai noticed me and answered my question. FRANZ I HOPE UR HAPPY

[Image: hqdefault.jpg]

Sort of disappointed though how few questions were answered, but alas : (

RE: Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVII - Kage - 01-30-2016

I knew we were probably going to max 8 when they said they'd chosen 10-15 to try to answer.