Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Balmung] ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+--- Thread: [Balmung] ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell (/showthread.php?tid=14952)

Pages: 1 2

ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 01-15-2016

Update:

Probably should have posted this before now but IRL has kept me insanely busy.  Many moons ago I actually passed off the Calendar ownership to Erah'sae Zhwan, my IRL SO. All the links below still work. You can submit by filling out this form here or email [email protected]. He's even created a discord bot to get listings in your discord server.

I'm not sure if he's keeping up with the Venue listing.. I'll poke him about it. If not we might pull that down to stop confusion. 

Original Message Below

Don't mean to step on toes with this...

Yes, the RPC has a calendar built into it but sadly it isn't in ical format so it's not possible to feed it into my calendar program. Dunno about you guys, but I live by my reminders since my memory is so bad. So I made a public Google Calendar for all the Balmung RP Events (by default the times are EST but it can be adjusted to show your time zone). Then I stumbled into Tumblr and found out that there are even more events that don't get crossposted to here. 

Everyone is welcome to use it. I try to update it multiple times a week, if not every day. If you want to save me the trouble of hunting down your event I even have a quick submission form (looking at how the form will auto add it into the calendar).

RP Event Calendar links:
All events on the calendar will be announced in the RP Event Notices Linkshell.

As an aside, I've started collecting all known open PC run Taverns/Bars/Clubs/etc. If you run one and want to add it to the list you can either Fill Out This Form or submit an ask on the tumblr blog. 

This was stuff I was doing for myself and just decided to toss it out there and let others enjoy me doing all the work. Angel

RE: RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - RiniKett - 01-15-2016

Free advertisement for our FC's Events? yes please! I'll fill something out for you as soon as I get home. Work blocks Tumblr Big Grin

RE: RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 01-15-2016

Yea, that's why i made sure to post the HTML format link and the submission form is Google Forms.

This Week's Upcoming Events - Accendie - 01-18-2016

May 16 - May 22, 2016

Note that Monday night/Tuesday Morning is server maintenance. Anyone who's been wanting to make an alt or get a character on Balmung, THIS IS YOUR CHANCE. Presave your look, have a couple names to pick from, then spam it early. Good luck!

Remember to get your event information into the calendar by Noon EDT on SUNDAY to get it on the following week's event blast.

Have an event you want to put on the Calendar?

Submit it here or send me a PM.

Join the RP Event Notices linkshell to get announcements ingame!

This Week's Events:

Monday - 5/16/2016 Tuesday - 5/17/2016
  • 2:00 AM to 6:00 AM EDT - Server Maintence
  • 10:00 PM to 12:00 AM EDT - Backwoods Brawl - Central Thanalan (x25, y15)
Wednesday - 5/18/2016 Thursday - 5/19/2016 Friday - 5/20/2016 Saturday - 5/21/2016 Sunday - 5/22/2016

Grab the iCal feed here.

Looking for a Bar or Tavern to drop in on? Check HERE!

#BalmungRPcalendar

Supported on Patreon

RE: RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 01-23-2016

Anyone who wants their event on my "This Week's Upcoming Events" that circulates Tumblr please get the details into me by tomorrow night! I'll be gone most of Sunday so won't have a chance to remind folks.

RE: RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - EveyVorai - 01-23-2016

Oh my god thank you so much for this!

RE: RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Melkire - 01-24-2016

[Mod Hardhat]

...hey, look, a sticky-worthy resource!

[/Mod Hardhat]

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 01-24-2016

BlushMoogle

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - RiniKett - 01-26-2016

Bah, I forgot to do this. Shameful, I will try to get something to you soon Nef.

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 01-26-2016

No worries. I'll still add things to the list after I've posted it on Sunday/Monday. More and more people are joining the LS too.

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 04-23-2016

For those who really enjoy all the work I put into this, if you feel like supporting me you can help out by either patreon or simply toss me something in my tip jar. Totally not necessary but greatly appreciated. I'm putting in something like 20 hours a week to gather everything up. Bonus for patreons is you get current updates and "today's events". I'm still doing everything I have for free so no worries about that. ^_^

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 05-01-2016

Ok. Since Tumblr can be overwhelming to many, I've made a separate Balmung RP Calendar tumblr that will only have posts about events on it. Go give it a look-see!

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Accendie - 05-02-2016

updated the weekly events post. keep forgetting I have that there.

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Unnamed Mercenary - 03-26-2017

Important note! It would appear management of the Calendar has changed. Anyone looking for assistance on events should direct those questions to their tumblr blog, http://balmungrpcalendar.tumblr.com/.

RE: ical Format RP Event Calendar & Linkshell - Erah'sae - 03-27-2017

Or ping me.  I'm Nef's RL significant other and have taken over it from her. Emailing the RP calendar or sending it a tumblr message (or pming me here) should cause my phone to ping and we'll get you taken care of.