Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Nako Vesh - 03-14-2016

(03-01-2016, 03:28 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 10:50 AM)GhostlyMaiden Wrote: *That feel when you spend 15+ minutes trying to make perfect eyeliner wings*
I thought i'd look pretty today, and in the process I spent that much time because......I actually don't know why. It just wasn't working, and I kept having to fix it. Because of this, I was late.

Using some Kat Von D. eyeliner from Sephora, the tip tend to go dry, so i'm always having to pinch it off to get rid of the dull tip, and to make it easier to apply. 

What do you guys recommend? I want to be able to do this with better eyeliner, and in less time.

http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-waterproof-liquid-eye-liner-P253818?skuId=1221084
in jet black.

I am on my #5+ for this eyeliner. I do like the kat von d one but for me it doesn't last as long as the stila one (both on the eyes and in the tube!)

Seconding this eyeliner. It's pretty amazing and once it sets it doesn't budge especially if you top it with some translucent finishing powder.

Also, I'm on the second tube of what I think is the best mascara I've ever come across: Heroine Make / Volume and Curl. This does what I think Benefit's They're Real was supposed to do for me but just disappointed. It holds a curl, it doesn't flake, doesn't clump, makes my lashes CRAZY long. It's amazing, at least on my skin chemistry.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 03-18-2016

(03-14-2016, 02:16 AM)Nako Vesh Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 03:28 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
(03-01-2016, 10:50 AM)GhostlyMaiden Wrote: *That feel when you spend 15+ minutes trying to make perfect eyeliner wings*
I thought i'd look pretty today, and in the process I spent that much time because......I actually don't know why. It just wasn't working, and I kept having to fix it. Because of this, I was late.

Using some Kat Von D. eyeliner from Sephora, the tip tend to go dry, so i'm always having to pinch it off to get rid of the dull tip, and to make it easier to apply. 

What do you guys recommend? I want to be able to do this with better eyeliner, and in less time.

http://www.sephora.com/stay-all-day-waterproof-liquid-eye-liner-P253818?skuId=1221084
in jet black.

I am on my #5+ for this eyeliner. I do like the kat von d one but for me it doesn't last as long as the stila one (both on the eyes and in the tube!)

Seconding this eyeliner. It's pretty amazing and once it sets it doesn't budge especially if you top it with some translucent finishing powder.

Also, I'm on the second tube of what I think is the best mascara I've ever come across: Heroine Make / Volume and Curl. This does what I think Benefit's They're Real was supposed to do for me but just disappointed. It holds a curl, it doesn't flake, doesn't clump, makes my lashes CRAZY long. It's amazing, at least on my skin chemistry.

Oh YES PLEASE. 

http://www.amazon.com/Kiss-Me-Heroine-Mascara-01-Black/dp/B007152I9S/ref=sr_1_2_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1458328991&sr=8-2&keywords=kiss+me+mascara

They're basically the same thing. Not sure why there differenet packagings. But I have been using the heroine line forever and ever - the time I went to japan I brought back 10 tubes of them..

Maybe we should do an "asian brand makeup favorites" thread XD haha

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 03-18-2016

(03-12-2016, 09:53 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: Just got back from visiting the boyfriend in Ohio, and the girl at the Mac counter at Macy's talked me into...

[Image: 2638637.JPG]

I really wanted Fix+, but she said she was out.

I also ended up finding a Lush store and getting a 1/4lb bar of "Sexy Peel" soap.  It smells amazing.

But really, the girl at the Mac counter said the Mineralize stuff works exactly like the Fix+, but now I'm worried.  Anyone tried it?

One of the ingredients is Diamond powder, I shit you not.

Please update how is this working out as I am very curious as well...XD

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 04-07-2016

So I've been waiting and waiting for the Sweet Peach palette to come out in stores. My boyfriend gave me a gift card so I could get it, since my birthday was Sunday.

I got to the store 15 mins after opening, and it was already gone. It was gone at every Ulta in my area. Apparently my store only got 15 palettes, and may have put them out on Sunday, not today.

I'm so disappointed. Cry They said that they might get another shipment next week, but if they do, that's going to be the last one. Cry

I now wish my boyfriend hadn't bought me a gift card to them, because I honestly don't think they deserve my money. I'm so mad at this point that once that gift card is used up, I don't think I'll be buying from them in the future. I'll just go to Sephora instead.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Aaron - 04-07-2016

Y'all be like hyena over a kill when it comes to make up huh? o_o

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 01:06 PM)Aaron Wrote: Y'all be like hyena over a kill when it comes to make up huh? o_o
Its serious business. Aaron.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 12:29 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: So I've been waiting and waiting for the Sweet Peach palette to come out in stores.  My boyfriend gave me a gift card so I could get it, since my birthday was Sunday.

I got to the store 15 mins after opening, and it was already gone.  It was gone at every Ulta in my area.  Apparently my store only got 15 palettes, and may have put them out on Sunday, not today.

I'm so disappointed.  Cry  They said that they might get another shipment next week, but if they do, that's going to be the last one.  Cry

I now wish my boyfriend hadn't bought me a gift card to them, because I honestly don't think they deserve my money.  I'm so mad at this point that once that gift card is used up, I don't think I'll be buying from them in the future.  I'll just go to Sephora instead.
lol. That wasn't nice..
I do think sephora's rewards are much better. They have the palette in store on the 15th!! I am still struggling on whether to get it or not :c

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 04-07-2016

(04-07-2016, 10:31 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote: lol. That wasn't nice..
I do think sephora's rewards are much better. They have the palette in store on the 15th!! I am still struggling on whether to get it or not :c

I get paid that morning, but I don't think I get off until 3pm T_T

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Leih - 04-07-2016

You can get it the day after! I usually keep a little bit of money separated for make-up emergencies and I gotta admit I'm getting it. That palette is one of the few I can wear that don't make me look like I have excessive make-up due my skin color. :<

(04-07-2016, 11:00 PM)Leih Wrote: You can get it the day after! I usually keep a little bit of money separated for make-up emergencies and I gotta admit I'm getting it. That palette is one of the few I can wear that don't make me look like I have excessive make-up due my skin color. :<

Considering that Ulta sold out in five minutes, I don't know if I trust that I can get it the next day. Cry

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Leih - 04-08-2016

(04-07-2016, 11:16 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(04-07-2016, 11:00 PM)Leih Wrote: You can get it the day after! I usually keep a little bit of money separated for make-up emergencies and I gotta admit I'm getting it. That palette is one of the few I can wear that don't make me look like I have excessive make-up due my skin color. :<

Considering that Ulta sold out in five minutes, I don't know if I trust that I can get it the next day.  Cry
Hmmm.... Yeah... :< Maybe buying online when they re-stock?

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 12:31 AM)Leih Wrote: Hmmm.... Yeah... :< Maybe buying online when they re-stock?

I've never actually seen it in stock on their website. I monitor it with Shoptagr, and I got an alert today that it was back in stock, but when I went to check out (literally less than 30 seconds between the alert and me starting the checkout), it was out of stock again.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - AekiraSwyfte - 04-08-2016

Oh, do /I/ have a story about the Sweet Peach palette...

My dear mother has been eyeing this palette down for EVER, ever since it was first announced alongside the PB&J. Neither of us really thought she'd have an issue getting her hands on it, given that PB&J was MUCH more hyped up both by Too Faced and their customers. We were expecting a nice, quiet, easy launch, right?

Oh, so wrong.

It all started with the initial release on the Too Faced site. It was so flooded that it kept crashing. Repeatedly. We thought this was just a glitch or something at first, since, yk, ABSOLUTELY NO HYPE, but that wasn't the case, as we later discovered. Anyway, my poor mom tried for like an hour to get the palette through Too Faced, even getting so far as having it in her cart, ready for checkout, but it was crashing so much that she just couldn't get all the way there. Oh well, try again in the morning, there'll probably still be a few. But, nope, out of stock!

Our second attempt when they restocked wasn't much better, so Mom ended up deciding to try for the Ulta release instead. Now, I'll give them this much, the site didn't explode the way TF's did, but they had a whole different set of issues. Not once, but TWICE, did she get the palette in her cart through Ulta... only for the site to read "Out of Stock" when she went to check out (Just seconds later, not like she waited an hour). And I'm PRETTY SURE that's not how having items in your cart is supposed to work.

There was another site after that, I can't remember which one for the life of me, which was doing an evening release. When she loaded THIS website, at the specified sale time, the link to the palette read "Coming soon." Okay, weird, so she reloads the page a couple times, doesn't change. Oh well, she decides to give it a few minutes, finish the show she was watching. Ten minutes later, she checks back? Sold out.

By this point, she was pretty exhausted by the futility of it all, and had pretty much decided on just making a dupe palette with her MUG and MAC singles. But she decided to give it one more go with Sephora, which was supposed to have a midnight release, at least, as far as we knew. The product didn't drop at midnight. She kept checking until like 2:00am before she finally said "Fuck it." But it wasn't just a glitch this time, Sephora had actually neglected to release Sweet Peach. Seriously, the social media backlash was pretty epic, but they were being incredibly non-communicative as to when the palette would actually drop. It finally released on Sephora at like, 8:00 in the morning, and my mother just happened to check one last time. And, since no one knew it had actually dropped, she was one of the first to find it in stock on the website, which means she was finally able to actually, you know, ORDER THE DAMN THING.

And, by some miracle, after all this nonsense, the palette actually got to her on one piece, no hiccups or incidents or anything. AND, she still ended up making a dupe, just for fun. 

Anyway, the moral of this story, my friends, if you want something, particularly if that something is the Too Faced Sweet Peach... basically the only way to get it is to be really, REALLY fucking stubborn. And, uh, never to trust the Ulta website. Ever. But it IS possible, so don't give it up just yet!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 04-08-2016

(04-08-2016, 02:11 AM)AekiraSwyfte Wrote: Oh, do /I/ have a story about the Sweet Peach palette...

My dear mother has been eyeing this palette down for EVER, ever since it was first announced alongside the PB&J. Neither of us really thought she'd have an issue getting her hands on it, given that PB&J was MUCH more hyped up both by Too Faced and their customers. We were expecting a nice, quiet, easy launch, right?

Oh, so wrong.

It all started with the initial release on the Too Faced site. It was so flooded that it kept crashing. Repeatedly. We thought this was just a glitch or something at first, since, yk, ABSOLUTELY NO HYPE, but that wasn't the case, as we later discovered. Anyway, my poor mom tried for like an hour to get the palette through Too Faced, even getting so far as having it in her cart, ready for checkout, but it was crashing so much that she just couldn't get all the way there. Oh well, try again in the morning, there'll probably still be a few. But, nope, out of stock!

Our second attempt when they restocked wasn't much better, so Mom ended up deciding to try for the Ulta release instead. Now, I'll give them this much, the site didn't explode the way TF's did, but they had a whole different set of issues. Not once, but TWICE, did she get the palette in her cart through Ulta... only for the site to read "Out of Stock" when she went to check out (Just seconds later, not like she waited an hour). And I'm PRETTY SURE that's not how having items in your cart is supposed to work.

There was another site after that, I can't remember which one for the life of me, which was doing an evening release. When she loaded THIS website, at the specified sale time, the link to the palette read "Coming soon." Okay, weird, so she reloads the page a couple times, doesn't change. Oh well, she decides to give it a few minutes, finish the show she was watching. Ten minutes later, she checks back? Sold out.

By this point, she was pretty exhausted by the futility of it all, and had pretty much decided on just making a dupe palette with her MUG and MAC singles. But she decided to give it one more go with Sephora, which was supposed to have a midnight release, at least, as far as we knew. The product didn't drop at midnight. She kept checking until like 2:00am before she finally said "Fuck it." But it wasn't just a glitch this time, Sephora had actually neglected to release Sweet Peach. Seriously, the social media backlash was pretty epic, but they were being incredibly non-communicative as to when the palette would actually drop. It finally released on Sephora at like, 8:00 in the morning, and my mother just happened to check one last time. And, since no one knew it had actually dropped, she was one of the first to find it in stock on the website, which means she was finally able to actually, you know, ORDER THE DAMN THING.

And, by some miracle, after all this nonsense, the palette actually got to her on one piece, no hiccups or incidents or anything. AND, she still ended up making a dupe, just for fun. 

Anyway, the moral of this story, my friends, if you want something, particularly if that something is the Too Faced Sweet Peach... basically the only way to get it is to be really, REALLY fucking stubborn. And, uh, never to trust the Ulta website. Ever. But it IS possible, so don't give it up just yet!

Wow. TBH i really didn't know that this would be such a big deal. I think i did the same thing for the naked 3 palette launch..i don't remember much but I'm pretty sure that was the only product i ever did such thing (waiting online for the launch, crazily fresh the site just so I can get it before anyone else does) for.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 04-13-2016

"Rimmel products smell like the heads of babydolls."