Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 04-13-2016

(04-13-2016, 12:58 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: "Rimmel products smell like the heads of babydolls."
I'm not sure if that's positive or negative..

Anyhow, I caved and got the laura geller gilded honey highlighter from ulta. It is pretty Cool

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Snowflakehusky - 04-14-2016

Sweet Peach.sigh.

I went to Ulta.

I asked about it.

I was icily and frostily informed that it was sold out At Ulta, Sephora, and both places online as -well-.

When I asked when it would be in stock, I was informed I was being difficult and THAT IT .WAS.SOLD.OUT.

GONE.

Cry

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - AekiraSwyfte - 04-22-2016

Okay has anyone else been hyped for the new Urban Decay Alice Palette because
[Image: tumblr_o61zwxVzMP1smbf5ho1_540.jpg]
My local Sephora. Got it in early. IT IS IN MY HANDS.

[Image: tumblr_o61zwxVzMP1smbf5ho2_540.jpg]
THESE COLORS ARE SO NICE I HAVE ABOUT FIFTEEN SWATCHES ON MY ARM RIGHT NOW. There's not a SINGLE color I can't wear in this box so basically GOD BLESS URBAN DECAY.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Leih - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 05:09 PM)AekiraSwyfte Wrote: Okay has anyone else been hyped for the new Urban Decay Alice Palette because

THESE COLORS ARE SO NICE I HAVE ABOUT FIFTEEN SWATCHES ON MY ARM RIGHT NOW. There's not a SINGLE color I can't wear in this box so basically GOD BLESS URBAN DECAY.
I want O.O How much is it?!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Hutarin - 04-22-2016

(04-22-2016, 05:09 PM)AekiraSwyfte Wrote: Okay has anyone else been hyped for the new Urban Decay Alice Palette because
-Snip-

!!!! That's so pretty!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - AekiraSwyfte - 04-23-2016

(04-22-2016, 05:16 PM)Leih Wrote:

I want O.O How much is it?!
I think it was about 60$ usd? It's kind of a lot, but at least no more than, say, one of the UD Vice palettes. Trust me, it's worth every penny.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 04-26-2016

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 04-26-2016

Also, I have decided that on payday I'm going to pick up this:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2298658&productId=xlsImpprod13641053

[Image: it-cosmetics-confidence-in-a-cream-main.jpg]

Because it's amazing...

And also this:

http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?skuId=2160931&productId=xlsImpprod820372

[Image: benefit_erasepaste_900x900.jpg]

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sun'ra - 04-26-2016

*Wanders in*

If you have the monies, I would definitely recommend Sunday Riley's Good Genes from Sephora.

It has a bit of clinical scent, but you could also just use it as a before bed thing, instead of a morning thing. But, personally I don't mind it, and it has definitely evened out my skin tone when used daily with some sunscreen.(I don't use a moisturizer because it makes my skin super oil)

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Duplicitous Dame - 04-26-2016

*rolls and flops into the thread*

Hiyo! I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry patches on my cheeks), so I like to use Benefit Foamingly Clean as my face wash. For moisturizers I use Benefit Total Moisture on my face, Benefit It's Potent! eye cream, and for when I need a touch up I spritz on the Benefit Ultra Radiance Hydrating Mist. (As you can see, there's a running theme here lol). If I have to go "drug store", I use Burt's Bees hands down.

My make up varies, but I swap between Benefit, Too Faced, and Urban Decay. Usually I keep it simple with primer, liquid foundation, powder on top to set it, and then eyeliner, mascara, and either lipgloss or lipstick. I always carry a make up bag with a "full face" cause you never know when you'll need it. Drug store make up I tend to use Revlon or Rimmel London.

I'm a sucker for red lipstick, though. Gimme alllllll the red shades. Right now I've been in love with the Nyx Lingerie liquid-to-matte lipsticks. Easy to apply, doe foot applicator, doesn't smear. Stays on fairly well and doesn't crumble on my lips. However, I'M MAD CAUSE I CAN NEVER FIND THE COLOR 'EXOTIC'! I may just throw in the towel and order the damned thing. I want that red shade!

One last thing. Uh hello, Jeffree Star velour lipstick? Yes, please <3. Who else is with me? Not sure if they've been mentioned yet or not. Need to go back and peruse the rest of this thread lol.

(04-26-2016, 02:18 PM)Duplicitous Dame Wrote: Hiyo! I have combination skin (oily T-zone, dry patches on my cheeks), so I like to use Benefit Foamingly Clean as my face wash. For moisturizers I use Benefit Total Moisture on my face, Benefit It's Potent! eye cream, and for when I need a touch up I spritz on the Benefit Ultra Radiance Hydrating Mist. (As you can see, there's a running theme here lol). If I have to go "drug store", I use Burt's Bees hands down.

I have a small jar sample of the Total Moisture that I use as an eye moisturizer before putting on concealer. It's pretty good, I just really like the It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream better (the scent is amazing, yet it doesn't break me out and I have sensitive skin).

Quote:One last thing. Uh hello, Jeffree Star velour lipstick? Yes, please <3. Who else is with me? Not sure if they've been mentioned yet or not. Need to go back and peruse the rest of this thread lol.

I actually have no idea what that is. Dodgy

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 04-26-2016

(04-26-2016, 12:08 PM)Kel Wrote: *Wanders in*

If you have the monies, I would definitely recommend Sunday Riley's Good Genes from Sephora.

It has a bit of clinical scent, but you could also just use it as a before bed thing, instead of a morning thing. But, personally I don't mind it, and it has definitely evened out my skin tone when used daily with some sunscreen.(I don't use a moisturizer because it makes my skin super oil)
I have it!! and its GREAT
Also if you are into beauty oil - try the sunday rile luna oil. I switch between good genes and luna oil as night treatment

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Duplicitous Dame - 04-26-2016

LiadansWhisper Wrote:I have a small jar sample of the Total Moisture that I use as an eye moisturizer before putting on concealer. It's pretty good, I just really like the It Cosmetics Confidence in a Cream better (the scent is amazing, yet it doesn't break me out and I have sensitive skin).

Ohhhh! It Cosmetics is amazing! I've used them, as well. If I don't use my Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue, then I love using the It Cosmetics No. 50 as a moisturizer/primer. A little goes a very long way and it doesn't leave a residue. Definitely worth the price if you ask me. I have sensitive skin, too, and it'll literally freak out over the tiniest thing. Gets really frustrating at times.

LiadansWhisper Wrote:I actually have no idea what that is. Dodgy

Say whaaaaaaaaaat!? Oh, no. No no no. Lemme fix this. Here are a few of my favorite colors:

Unicorn Blood, Redrum, Androgyny, Doll Parts, Masochist, Blow Pony

What's also frustrating is that he sells out of these colors, and a few others, hella quick. So I've been eyeballing them intensely lol.

(04-26-2016, 07:00 PM)Duplicitous Dame Wrote: Ohhhh! It Cosmetics is amazing! I've used them, as well. If I don't use my Benefit Porefessional Matte Rescue, then I love using the It Cosmetics No. 50 as a moisturizer/primer. A little goes a very long way and it doesn't leave a residue. Definitely worth the price if you ask me. I have sensitive skin, too, and it'll literally freak out over the tiniest thing. Gets really frustrating at times.

I have really dry AND sensitive skin, so it's been a roller coaster. The primer I've been using most has been the TooFaced Hangover Rx, because it's so moisturizing. I recently picked up the It Cosmetics CC Cream, and I really like it (since it doesn't cling to dry patches like a lot of foundations will), but it cakes up slightly on my chin for some reason and I can't really figure out why. I thought maybe I should avoid putting concealer there, and that has minimized some of the cakeyness, but it still occurs there and on my nose (where my glasses sit, but that's not really something you can do anything about).

Quote:Say whaaaaaaaaaat!? Oh, no. No no no. Lemme fix this. Here are a few of my favorite colors:

Unicorn Blood, Redrum, Androgyny, Doll Parts, Masochist, Blow Pony

What's also frustrating is that he sells out of these colors, and a few others, hella quick. So I've been eyeballing them intensely lol.

Hmm. Have you given any thought at all to Colourpop? A couple of those shades are duped by them, I swear.

LiadansWhisper Wrote:Hmm. Have you given any thought at all to Colourpop? A couple of those shades are duped by them, I swear.

Hnnnngh! Liadan! These colors look awesome! And they're only six bucks!? Yes, please. They seem to have a lot of good reviews, too. I'm currently sitting here deciding on which colors I want to splurge on. Definitely buying myself at least two or three.