Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Hutarin - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 12:38 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I'm thinking I might want one of these...

http://www.sephora.com/modernist-eyeshadow-palette-P392707?skuId=1621150&icid2=brand%20content_brand%3Ahourglass_p392707_image

[Image: Hourglass-Modernist-Eye-Shadow-Palette-Color-Field.jpg]

But...$58 >.<

I've heard these can be a pain to use. Apparently they get all muddy due to not being in separate pans.
If you get it, tell us how it works out! The colors look really nice. :o

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:06 AM)Hutarin Wrote: I've heard these can be a pain to use. Apparently they get all muddy due to not being in separate pans.

I've also heard that, and that the quality is inconsistent (like the Graphite one is pretty universally panned), but this particular one (Color Field) is supposedly one of the best ones. I've also heard the shadows are extremely soft, similar to Lorac shadows.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Hutarin - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:07 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:06 AM)Hutarin Wrote: I've heard these can be a pain to use. Apparently they get all muddy due to not being in separate pans.

I've also heard that, and that the quality is inconsistent (like the Graphite one is pretty universally panned), but this particular one (Color Field) is supposedly one of the best ones. I've also heard the shadows are extremely soft, similar to Lorac shadows.

I've only used Lorac's skinny palette in nude once, on my mother, so I'm not super familiar with their shadows. @__@;

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 05-19-2016

(05-19-2016, 01:32 AM)Hutarin Wrote:
(05-19-2016, 01:07 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

I've also heard that, and that the quality is inconsistent (like the Graphite one is pretty universally panned), but this particular one (Color Field) is supposedly one of the best ones.  I've also heard the shadows are extremely soft, similar to Lorac shadows.

I've only used Lorac's skinny palette in nude once, on my mother, so I'm not super familiar with their shadows. @__@;
i LOVE lorac shadows. speaking of which, lorac pro 3 is coming out soon.... >_> seriously considering it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfHI98dQyaw Tati's review only encouraged me more

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 05-19-2016

Also has anyone been following the becca X Jaclyn Hill collection?
http://www.sephora.com/becca-jaclyn-hill-champagne-collection-face-palette-P409115?skuId=1830835&om_mmc=oth-email-mobileappshare

what do you think?!

I am /strongly/ considering it too. I already have champagne pop which came in the earlier becca x jaclyn highlighter palette and i LOVE it, and already hit pan maybe just a month and half into it Tongue

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 05-19-2016

The thing with the Lora 3 is....how is it different from Unzipped or Unzipped Gold?

(05-19-2016, 02:10 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The thing with the Lora 3 is....how is it different from Unzipped or Unzipped Gold?
What I keep asking myself is...how are all the neutral palettes different from each other? 
And than at the end of the day i have like 8 of them, all "neutral, nude, warm bronze, match with everything" palettes :/

Though these two colors: amethyst and rose bronze(http://www.budgetbeautyblog.com/2016/05/lorac-pro-3-palette-swatches.html) are i'm really eyeing the palette for. Reminds me of my nars kuala lumpur - but just warmer and bronzier../still debating/

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Ritsu - 05-22-2016

[Image: s1776848-main-hero.jpg]

I am considering this by Stila. Not sure I really need it tho, biggest skin problem I think I have is a little bit of under eye color.

I am still also trying to behave..currently on a No buy.
At least my beauty boxes tide me over...

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 05-22-2016

(05-22-2016, 09:25 PM)Ritsu Knoltros Wrote: [Image: s1776848-main-hero.jpg]

I am considering this by Stila. Not sure I really need it tho, biggest skin problem I think I have is a little bit of under eye color.

I swear by Benefit's Erase Paste. If your only issue is under eye color, that might be a cheaper alternative. Smile

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Hutarin - 05-23-2016

(05-19-2016, 02:05 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote: Also has anyone been following the becca X Jaclyn Hill collection?
http://www.sephora.com/becca-jaclyn-hill-champagne-collection-face-palette-P409115?skuId=1830835&om_mmc=oth-email-mobileappshare

what do you think?!

I am /strongly/ considering it too. I already have champagne pop which came in the earlier becca x jaclyn highlighter palette and i LOVE it, and already hit pan maybe just a month and half into it Tongue

Aw man, I'd really consider buying that if I had the extra funds. ><;

I too have Champagne Pop. I love it and have been complemented on it before!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 05-23-2016

(05-22-2016, 10:37 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

I swear by Benefit's Erase Paste.  If your only issue is under eye color, that might be a cheaper alternative.  Smile
Yeah, depend on what your needs are - if it's color correcting, i would something like this http://www.sephora.com/bright-future-color-correctors-P403328?skuId=1735349&icid2=D=c6:products%20grid:p403328 if you know exactly what color you want (orange for under eye, blue of redness around the nose area, etc... 

Though that palette looks fun with so many choices :p

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Ritsu - 05-23-2016

(05-22-2016, 10:37 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

I swear by Benefit's Erase Paste.  If your only issue is under eye color, that might be a cheaper alternative.  Smile

I have tried that! I can't recall how it worked for me tho. I still prob have it somewhere, not sure if it is good anymore >.>

One of my problems is I am pretty pale and stay that way XD

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 07-07-2016

The UD Gwen Stefani Ltd Ed palette is on sale for $25 on Ulta, Sephora, and Urbandecay.com. It was originally $59. Big Grin

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LadyRochester - 07-08-2016

I live in Uruguay, so brands here are either super high end or super shitty. There's no in-between. Needless to say, if you like make-up, it gets really pricey, especially because our import taxes are ridiculously high. I am a sucker for golden/champagne/rose/copper tones. I'm super pale and I think they are very flattering colours. My most recent purchases were two:

Chanel Quad Eyeshadow - Tisse Vendome (204)

The colours of these eyeshadows are super delicate and pigmented. They are a little powdery, but they tend to stay on the lid even with minimal/no primer. 

[Image: chanel_204tissevendome001.jpg]

Lancome Hypnose Dazzling Cream Eyeshadow - Brun Cabas (205)

It is super red and coppery, but it's so flattering on every eye color/skintone. The texture is very smooth (mousse-y), and it packs on the lid quite beautifully. This is one of my favorites. It's super practical and it's just gorgeous.
[Image: 4935421614580_205BrunCabas_HYPNOSEDAZZLI...jpg?sh=420]

I would kill to have the Naked 3 palette from Urban Decay, but they don't sell UD stuff in Uruguay, which makes me really sad as it is by far the most gorgeous palette I've ever seen. 

[Image: PC156753.jpg]

All the shades in this palette are just stunning, especially Dust, Trick, Liar, and Mugshot. It kills me that I can't buy this where I live. Cry

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 07-08-2016

(07-07-2016, 10:34 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: The UD Gwen Stefani Ltd Ed palette is on sale for $25 on Ulta, Sephora, and Urbandecay.com.  It was originally $59.  Big Grin
RU GOING TO GET IT