Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-17-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:33 PM)McBeef© Wrote:
(01-16-2016, 09:31 PM)Aaron Wrote: /watches thread to experience what girl talk really is.
It's basically this.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4TNJiUQZGU
(insert fart noises)

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-17-2016

(01-17-2016, 07:14 AM)Teadrinker Wrote: I'm actually petty picky about my cosmetics now that I think about it.

If it's not Bare Minerals it doesn't go on my face. Liquid foundation scares me and mineral foundation just looks more natural to me.

I like Urban Decay eyeshadows. Half Baked is seriously one of the best neutral shades ever created.

My face primer, eye primer, eyeliner and Mascara are currently Benefit. 

Perfume is Chanel Chance.

I am not picky about lip glosses at all because I always lose the damn things and find them a year later in a car compartment/sofa/coat pocket etc.

And...this is all my cosmetics.
did you buy half baked on its own or did it come with the naked 1 palette? Curious as in if it's worth it to just get it by itself or not..

And bare mineral was how I started lol I remember when I got the face combo of the mineral powders and the little brushes they come with (i think i still have it altho I was like 5 something years ago) loll I go back to it some times cause I got a backup of the original mineral foundation a couple month ago but I do like liquid foundations cause I can just use my hands sometimes and it offers more coverage for me XD)

And on the last note, yeah, I feel you. I constantly find my lip products in bags that I haven't used for weeks, under my car seat, in my glove compartment, once I've found it in the drawer of my old places where I put cleaning supplies (sponges, etc) and I have no idea how it got there.Dodgy

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Steel Wolf - 01-19-2016

HEADSHOT RAWR!

[Image: ffxiv_01192016_163641.png]

This is Cass. I am trying to level her up in order to get her to wear pretty things. T_T But yea, that's what I'm working with. I really like her complexion and her hair feels both styled and workman-like...so if I were to dress her or apply makeup to her, it'd probably stay in that same sort of region. A sort of "resolute finery" sort of style, if that makes any kind of sense.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Zhavi - 01-20-2016

Smashbox - Legendary is my latest favorite lipstick, though since my skin has gone into hate-mode .... I pretty much stopped wearing any makeup. I like Urban Decay's palettes well enough, and Tarte has this concealer that I adore. Benefit's erase paste is another favorite due to its ability to make my under-eyes go from 'are you sick?' to 'wow you look rested!'

Still, women who achieve that sort of photoshop finish are like wizards to me. I'm decent enough with makeup to achieve results I'm happy with (average, I guess?), but the shading and such some people do is magic and no one can tell me otherwise. It's face-art. Magic.

What I've been dabbling with a lot more recently is skin care stuff, because HI ECZEMA. This has lead to playing around with scented skin creams (though, at this point in time, more as gifts for others than for myself), and my next step will be making lotions (again, more for other people since my skin is not fond of most preservatives), and then perfumes. I'm planning on some Hawaiian flowers perfumes for mother's day (my mom grew up in Hawaii and so my goal is to recreate some of that smell that blasts you in the face when you step off the plane), with a focus on plumeria, tuberose, jasmine and puakenikeni.

Scent is just as fun as makeup. It's like rubbing/spraying dead plant matter (and sometimes dead animal matter or simulated dead animal matter, lol animal fixatives) on yourself and then scribbling on your face!! Best ever.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - AekiraSwyfte - 01-20-2016

Hello from someone who did competitive ballroom dancing for a year and a half and still hasn't gotten out of the makeup habit!

In general, Too Faced and Urban Decay are like. My magic happy brands. The UD Vice 4 and the TF Grand Chateau palettes are my faves for eyeshadow right now (And BOY lemme tell you even though it's already on wicked sale V4 was worth every penny at full price) I'm also a recent fan of MakeupGeek's pans, in part because my mother links me WAY too many Jaclyn Hill videos.

And as far as lipstick, I'm pretty easy, my go-to shades range from UD Manic to MAC Plastique. But I just gotta say... Too Faced just released a new color called Unicorn Tears right before the holiday season... and oh. My. God. Can you say blue/pink duochrome frost? It's such a weird color and kinda hard to match with outfits but WOW it is gorgeous and creamy, and it even manages to look good against my kinda olive-y skin tone. (Pale blues are usually not a good look for me, but this one has enough pink in it that it works out!)

...Wow, I got REALLY excited there.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Teadrinker - 01-20-2016

(01-17-2016, 04:40 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 07:14 AM)Teadrinker Wrote: I'm actually petty picky about my cosmetics now that I think about it.

If it's not Bare Minerals it doesn't go on my face. Liquid foundation scares me and mineral foundation just looks more natural to me.

I like Urban Decay eyeshadows. Half Baked is seriously one of the best neutral shades ever created.

I am not picky about lip glosses at all because I always lose the damn things and find them a year later in a car compartment/sofa/coat pocket etc.

did you buy half baked on its own or did it come with the naked 1 palette? Curious as in if it's worth it to just get it by itself or not..

And bare mineral was how I started lol I remember when I got the face combo of the mineral powders and the little brushes they come with (i think i still have it altho I was like 5 something years ago) loll I go back to it some times cause I got a backup of the original mineral foundation a couple month ago but I do like liquid foundations cause I can just use my hands sometimes and it offers more coverage for me XD)

And on the last note, yeah, I feel you. I constantly find my lip products in bags that I haven't used for weeks, under my car seat, in my glove compartment, once I've found it in the drawer of my old places where I put cleaning supplies (sponges, etc) and I have no idea how it got there.Dodgy

I'd buy half baked in the palette or in the single. It's seriously that good but I have a fair complexion so your mileage may vary. It's good for everything from evenings to work at the office.

I actually have pretty sensitive skin and medicate for rosacea. I take care of it and have a good dermatologist so my skin is clear and smooth but I would never cake liquid foundation on it cause of the sensitivity.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - g0ne - 01-20-2016

(01-16-2016, 09:31 PM)Aaron Wrote: /watches thread to experience what girl talk really is.

/watches with Aaron. o -o

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 01-20-2016

I can't wear powder foundations, or cream-to-powder, because I have really dry skin and I end up with visible patches all over my face (I tried the Pur Minerals starter kit and it was a no-go, so I gave it to a co-worker).

So what I have is a mix... I guess I should just get to it. xD

Currently using Boots No.7 moisturizers for very dry skin, and they are lovely.
Favorite face primer is the Too Faced Hangover Rx primer. It's AMAZING for anyone with dry skin.
Eye primer is the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer (I got it for $10 on sale at Ulta!).
I have three foundations that I love - the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy & Smooth in 110 Porcelain, Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Porcelain, and the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion foundation in N2. All three work really well with my dry skin.

I've heard so much about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser, but it really doesn't do anything for me. I find I get better results from using the Nyx Dark Circle Corrector with my Real Techniques sponge, and then layering over the Fit Me concealer and blending that out, too.

I tried baking, I really did. It was...a nightmare. o_o My skin is too dry I think.

I use the Elf High Definition Undereye Setting Powder for under my eyes, and it's super cheap. :S I love that. I'm trying out the Lorac POREfection baked powder, but I don't know if I like it better than my Fit Me powder. Jury's still out.

As far as eye shadows go, my currently favorite is the Tarte Tartelette In Bloom palette that I got for Christmas from a relative. The mattes are soooo easy to blend it's amazing. My other palettes include the Naked 2 (first serious palette I ever got, I'm cool toned so I like the cooler colors in this palette a lot), the Too Faced Natural Eyes, the Tarte Energy Noire Limited Edition palette, and I got the Ulta-exclusive Tarte Holiday set this year from my mom (I forget the name, but it was $49 and a really good deal - three palettes with blushes, plus a lip pencil and a mini Lights Cameras Lashes mascara).

I also have the Lorac Pro Palette, which I purchased over the holidays after hearing so many good things about it. Buuuut...okay so the primer made the skin around my lashline burn, then harden, then peel off. It was weeeeird. The shadows themselves don't seem to inspire that reaction, but I dunno. I just don't think they're as amazing as all the hype. I honestly like my Naked 2 or Tartelette in Bloom a lot better. Undecided

Favorite mascara right now is the Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara - love this stuff! But I have also tried the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, and that's really good, too.

Favorite highlighter is currently the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, and current favorite bronzer is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer.

Favorite lip products is honestly a tie between Too Faced's Melted lipstick in Melted Chihuahua and the Colourpop lippie stick in Lumiere (was a collab with KathleenLights).

Does anyone else subscribe to Boxycharm? We got a Coastal Scents palette in this month's box, along with this weird tubal mascara by Blinc (that I'm semi-scared to try after reading reviews on instagram), a felt-tip eyeliner and some brushes. I was subscribed to Ipsy, but I cancelled it for Boxycharm because the value is so much better. I've gotten a clay mask, ridiculously expensive eye serum, nail polish, blushes, multiple eye liners, highlighters, etc.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 03:34 AM)Zhavi Wrote: Smashbox - Legendary is my latest favorite lipstick, though since my skin has gone into hate-mode .... I pretty much stopped wearing any makeup. I like Urban Decay's palettes well enough, and Tarte has this concealer that I adore. Benefit's erase paste is another favorite due to its ability to make my under-eyes go from 'are you sick?' to 'wow you look rested!'

I've been meaning to try the Benefit Erase Paste for a while. I keep hearing really good things about it. I've also been seeing things about the new UD-Gwen Stefani collection/collab and some of the lipsticks look amazing.

Quote:What I've been dabbling with a lot more recently is skin care stuff, because HI ECZEMA. This has lead to playing around with scented skin creams (though, at this point in time, more as gifts for others than for myself), and my next step will be making lotions (again, more for other people since my skin is not fond of most preservatives), and then perfumes. I'm planning on some Hawaiian flowers perfumes for mother's day (my mom grew up in Hawaii and so my goal is to recreate some of that smell that blasts you in the face when you step off the plane), with a focus on plumeria, tuberose, jasmine and puakenikeni.

Scent is just as fun as makeup. It's like rubbing/spraying dead plant matter (and sometimes dead animal matter or simulated dead animal matter, lol animal fixatives) on yourself and then scribbling on your face!! Best ever.

I have eczema on the back of my neck, and the only thing that really works for me is coconut oil. I know it sounds crazy, but it calms it right down when it flares up.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Zhavi - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 06:15 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: I have eczema on the back of my neck, and the only thing that really works for me is coconut oil. I know it sounds crazy, but it calms it right down when it flares up.

Moisturizer wise, coconut oil dries me out (sadly, I love the stuff) and nothing else really soothes my eczema (it's more about not irritating it and keeping it from cracking/bleeding); I'm on steroids at the moment (dermatologist is likely going to switch me though; it helps but the triggers remain) and have an appointment with an allergist to see if I've developed new sensitivities. Shea butter, illipe, rosehip, beeswax, arrowroot powder and vitamin e oil is my current mix, though who knows if that's got a trigger in it. It feels nice going on though.

I had wanted the UD-Gwen Stefani! Looks fun. Smile

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-20-2016

(01-19-2016, 05:50 PM)Steel Wolf Wrote: HEADSHOT RAWR!

[Image: ffxiv_01192016_163641.png]

This is Cass.  I am trying to level her up in order to get her to wear pretty things.  T_T  But yea, that's what I'm working with.  I really like her complexion and her hair feels both styled and workman-like...so if I were to dress her or apply makeup to her, it'd probably stay in that same sort of region.  A sort of "resolute finery" sort of style, if that makes any kind of sense.

hot damn!

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 03:53 AM)Teadrinker Wrote:
(01-17-2016, 04:40 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:

I'd buy half baked in the palette or in the single. It's seriously that good but I have a fair complexion so your mileage may vary. It's good for everything from evenings to work at the office.

I actually have pretty sensitive skin and medicate for rosacea. I take care of it and have a good dermatologist so my skin is clear and smooth but I would never cake liquid foundation on it cause of the sensitivity.
i ma pick it the next time I go out to the mall >_> just realized that this thread is probably not helping with me with the idea of "keep the collection small"..but well I'm gonna get it!!!!

(01-20-2016, 06:12 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

I can't wear powder foundations, or cream-to-powder, because I have really dry skin and I end up with visible patches all over my face (I tried the Pur Minerals starter kit and it was a no-go, so I gave it to a co-worker).  

So what I have is a mix...  I guess I should just get to it. xD

Currently using Boots No.7 moisturizers for very dry skin, and they are lovely.
Favorite face primer is the Too Faced Hangover Rx primer.  It's AMAZING for anyone with dry skin.
Eye primer is the Smashbox 24 Hour Photo Finish Shadow Primer (I got it for $10 on sale at Ulta!).
I have three foundations that I love - the Maybelline Fit Me Dewy & Smooth in 110 Porcelain, Too Faced Born This Way foundation in Porcelain, and the L'Oreal True Match Lumi Cushion foundation in N2.  All three work really well with my dry skin.

I've heard so much about the Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circles Eraser, but it really doesn't do anything for me.  I find I get better results from using the Nyx Dark Circle Corrector with my Real Techniques sponge, and then layering over the Fit Me concealer and blending that out, too.

I tried baking, I really did.  It was...a nightmare.  o_o  My skin is too dry I think.

I use the Elf High Definition Undereye Setting Powder for under my eyes, and it's super cheap.  :S  I love that.  I'm trying out the Lorac POREfection baked powder, but I don't know if I like it better than my Fit Me powder.  Jury's still out.

As far as eye shadows go, my currently favorite is the Tarte Tartelette In Bloom palette that I got for Christmas from a relative.  The mattes are soooo easy to blend it's amazing.  My other palettes include the Naked 2 (first serious palette I ever got, I'm cool toned so I like the cooler colors in this palette a lot), the Too Faced Natural Eyes, the Tarte Energy Noire Limited Edition palette, and I got the Ulta-exclusive Tarte Holiday set this year from my mom (I forget the name, but it was $49 and a really good deal - three palettes with blushes, plus a lip pencil and a mini Lights Cameras Lashes mascara).

I also have the Lorac Pro Palette, which I purchased over the holidays after hearing so many good things about it.  Buuuut...okay so the primer made the skin around my lashline burn, then harden, then peel off.  It was weeeeird.  The shadows themselves don't seem to inspire that reaction, but I dunno.  I just don't think they're as amazing as all the hype.  I honestly like my Naked 2 or Tartelette in Bloom a lot better.  Undecided

Favorite mascara right now is the Tarte Lights, Cameras, Lashes mascara - love this stuff!  But I have also tried the Benefit Roller Lash mascara, and that's really good, too.

Favorite highlighter is currently the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer, and current favorite bronzer is the Too Faced Milk Chocolate Soleil bronzer.  

Favorite lip products is honestly a tie between Too Faced's Melted lipstick in Melted Chihuahua and the Colourpop lippie stick in Lumiere (was a collab with KathleenLights).

Does anyone else subscribe to Boxycharm?  We got a Coastal Scents palette in this month's box, along with this weird tubal mascara by Blinc (that I'm semi-scared to try after reading reviews on instagram), a felt-tip eyeliner and some brushes.  I was subscribed to Ipsy, but I cancelled it for Boxycharm because the value is so much better.  I've gotten a clay mask, ridiculously expensive eye serum, nail polish, blushes, multiple eye liners, highlighters, etc.

lol i remember you mentioned at one point about how much you love Boxycharm. I actually don't have my ipsy subscription any more (stopped a couple month ago) and now I am temped to try out boxycharm..And the Balm's Mary-Lou Manizer gets so much rave on youtube! where do you get it from??

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - McBeefâ„¢ - 01-20-2016

(01-20-2016, 03:11 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote: i ma pick it the next time I go out to the mall >_> just realized that this thread is probably not helping with me with the idea of "keep the collection small"..but well I'm gonna get it!!!!

I'm going to take a picture of the makeup tower when I get home and post it here Evil

(01-20-2016, 03:49 AM)AekiraSwyfte Wrote: Hello from someone who did competitive ballroom dancing for a year and a half and still hasn't gotten out of the makeup habit!

In general, Too Faced and Urban Decay are like. My magic happy brands. The UD Vice 4 and the TF Grand Chateau palettes are my faves for eyeshadow right now (And BOY lemme tell you even though it's already on wicked sale V4 was worth every penny at full price) I'm also a recent fan of MakeupGeek's pans, in part because my mother links me WAY too many Jaclyn Hill videos.

And as far as lipstick, I'm pretty easy, my go-to shades range from UD Manic to MAC Plastique. But I just gotta say... Too Faced just released a new color called v right before the holiday season... and oh. My. God. Can you say blue/pink duochrome frost? It's such a weird color and kinda hard to match with outfits but WOW it is gorgeous and creamy, and it even manages to look good against my kinda olive-y skin tone. (Pale blues are usually not a good look for me, but this one has enough pink in it that it works out!)

...Wow, I got REALLY excited there.
lol
lots of girly energy flowing here, you're not alone sister, you're not alone. 

And i just looked up unicorn tears and I was like "hmm it would be really good to cosplay with this color", haven't figured out what yet.Will update -- if I go to fanfest this year I definitely wanna cosplay and play with makeup! XD

And ooooo MakeupGeek! i am a BIG fan! I am tempted to make like a post of "favorites from makeupgeek" single eyeshadow pans if anyone's interested. You should share which ones you love too ^.^ I am always nosy about this kind of things XD