Hydaelyn Role-Players
MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) (/showthread.php?tid=14960)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 02-11-2016

My Tartelette Tease is here from Sephora.

Soooooooo cute.

Ex-Girlfriend lipstick by Gwen Stefani is more sheer than I was expecting.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Hutarin - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 01:06 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: My Tartelette Tease is here from Sephora.

Soooooooo cute.

Does it still look and apply well? :O

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - LiadansWhisper - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:39 AM)Hutarin Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 01:06 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote: My Tartelette Tease is here from Sephora.

Soooooooo cute.

The tease or the lipstick? The lipstick still looks great. It's def what Tati was wearing. I think I might wear it with some gloss, tho. But it's pretty.

I have only swatched the Tease.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Hutarin - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:40 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 02:39 AM)Hutarin Wrote:

Soooooooo cute.

The tease or the lipstick? The lipstick still looks great. It's def what Tati was wearing. I think I might wear it with some gloss, tho. But it's pretty.

I have only swatched the Tease.

Oops! I meant the lipstick, lol.
Now I'm curious about how the Tease will apply. Each time I swatch Tart shadows they feel awfully chalky, like they wont apply well/pigmented. Then again, I really enjoy really pigmented shadows. >w<;

(02-11-2016, 02:45 AM)Hutarin Wrote: Oops! I meant the lipstick, lol.
Now I'm curious about how the Tease will apply. Each time I swatch Tart shadows they feel awfully chalky, like they wont apply well/pigmented. Then again, I really enjoy really pigmented shadows. >w<;

Oooh no. I have the Tartelette 2 In Bloom and the mattes are REALLY pigmented. The only one I have trouble with is the shimmer in the bottom left corner, and it actually is really pretty, you just have to play with it.

I did have that issue a bit with the Energy Noire palette, and with a few of the shadows from their Christmas limited edition set, but most of them are really good.

(02-11-2016, 02:47 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:

Oooh no. I have the Tartelette 2 In Bloom and the mattes are REALLY pigmented. The only one I have trouble with is the shimmer in the bottom left corner, and it actually is really pretty, you just have to play with it.

I did have that issue a bit with the Energy Noire palette, and with a few of the shadows from their Christmas limited edition set, but most of them are really good.

Good to know! I'll have to swatch it next time I'm in Sephora. Big Grin
Lame about the Noire palette and Christmas colors tho. I hope you find someway to work with them.

I mentioned a couple posts back about wanting to try out the shadow palettes from Melt, and that I couldn't decide which I wanted. Well... I bought them all(along with a lipstick) as an early birthday gift. They should get here tomorrow. >D

(02-11-2016, 09:24 AM)Hutarin Wrote:

Lame about the Noire palette and Christmas colors tho. I hope you find someway to work with them.

I mentioned a couple posts back about wanting to try out the shadow palettes from Melt, and that I couldn't decide which I wanted. Well... I bought them all(along with a lipstick) as an early birthday gift. They should get here tomorrow. >D

I had the same "this feels hard and chalky" experience when I swatched at Sephora/Ulta. I think sometimes the palettes are really old and dried out. >.>

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-11-2016

So not makeup, but something related I am familiar with.

For eyebrows, does everyone here use tweezers? These days I use eyebrow razors and I feel like they're a lot faster/less painful. 

[Image: bnJYrvW.jpg]

I highly recommend them! Though Sukaaretto makes fun of me when I use them.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Burd - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:44 PM)McBeef© Wrote: So not makeup, but something related I am familiar with.

For eyebrows, does everyone here use tweezers? These days I use eyebrow razors and I feel like they're a lot faster/less painful. 

I've used these! I really liked them - I don't know why I still use tweezers. Probably because I never think to go buy razors. I'm too set in my ways, even though my ways are bad.

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:46 PM)Burd Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 02:44 PM)McBeef© Wrote: So not makeup, but something related I am familiar with.

I've used these! I really liked them - I don't know why I still use tweezers. Probably because I never think to go buy razors. I'm too set in my ways, even though my ways are bad.

LOL. ok, i might borrow them then to see what the fuzz is about

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - Sukaaretto Ueno - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:37 PM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 09:24 AM)Hutarin Wrote:

Oooh no.  I have the Tartelette 2 In Bloom and the mattes are REALLY pigmented.  The only one I have trouble with is the shimmer in the bottom left corner, and it actually is really pretty, you just have to play with it.

I had the same "this feels hard and chalky" experience when I swatched at Sephora/Ulta. I think sometimes the palettes are really old and dried out. >.>
Agreed. Unfortunately powders don't actually "last forever" - and more creamy the eyeshadows are I feel like the bigger the change in texture will be over time

RE: MAKEUP & BEAUTY - irl and in game! Share your likes :) - McBeefâ„¢ - 02-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 02:49 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 02:46 PM)Burd Wrote:

LOL. ok, i might borrow them then to see what the fuzz is about
There is no fuzz, on your eyebrows at least. 

That's kind of the point Wink

I actually get mine waxed and try to keep up with them with tweezers. If you handle the tweezers correctly, they don't actually hurt (but I know that's a pain).

My biggest problem is that I have these huge, bushy brows (THANKS MOM'S SIDE OF THE FAMILY). I want to try brow stuff, but I feel like I either have the wrong color, or I'm doing something wrong. I'm thinking of picking up the L'Oreal brow thing they just came out, because it's apparently just like the Anastasia Brow Wiz.

I have really pale skin under these dark (almost black) bushy brows. They're also really long. I've had eyebrow techs actually cut the hairs to make them lie in place before, but I don't know if that's a good thing or a bad thing.

(02-11-2016, 02:51 PM)Sukaaretto Ueno Wrote: Agreed. Unfortunately powders don't actually "last forever" - and more creamy the eyeshadows are I feel like the bigger the change in texture will be over time

Yeah. When I caved and bought the Tartelette 2, I was really surprised by how pigmented, creamy and blendable the mattes were (mattes are the ones I have trouble with, they tend to go blotchy on my eyes).

I'm seriously thinking of selling my Lorac Pro Palette on Poshmark. >.>

Soooooooo cute.

but you like it? Actually thinking about getting that lipstick now that i've seen Tati wearing it..

Also for eyebrow pencil - try this! http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod12011193

It's the EXACTLY same thing as the ABH one. I went through probably like 3 of ABH ones and then moved on to this. Smile