Hydaelyn Role-Players
Hello all! - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Hello all! (/showthread.php?tid=1503)

Hello all! - Cole - 11-22-2012

Hey guys! Well I posted on here WAYYYY back in January and then never actually ended up playing ;_; But!!!! With the upcoming release of ARR I don't think I've ever anticipated a games release so much. o.o

Anyways I'm really looking forward to getting to know the community here and finding a great group of people to RP with while developing a great backstory for my character. Can't wait to meet everyone!!!

Re: Hello all! - Rhostel - 11-22-2012

Hi! We're a little quiet, but that's mostly because we're getting our randomlolBS out over Skype. There's a thread here about it. Smile It's also a great way of organising RP stuff with other players in preparation for ARR.

Re: Hello all! - Kylin - 11-22-2012

Welcome back~

A lot of us are pumped for ARR, even more so now that the game servers are "down." (I use quotes because they're still technically up but a complete ghost town since data isn't being saved.)

Looking forward to meeting you in game hopefully!

Re: Hello all! - Cole - 11-22-2012

Kylin Wrote:Welcome back~

A lot of us are pumped for ARR, even more so now that the game servers are "down." (I use quotes because they're still technically up but a complete ghost town since data isn't being saved.)

Looking forward to meeting you in game hopefully!
Absolutely! I really want to try and cement down a basic character idea and find a group of people to start up a story with before ARR drops, that way I'm ready to hop right into the action asap! I just really wish they would come out and confirm a THF job/class before I get my hopes too high (oh who am I kidding, my hopes are crazy high for a THF class) and start writing up my character... But yeah I can't wait to talk to more people and get more involved! Big Grin

Nonsensicles Wrote:Hi! We're a little quiet, but that's mostly because we're getting our randomlolBS out over Skype. There's a thread here about it. Smile It's also a great way of organising RP stuff with other players in preparation for ARR.

OOooooo! I'll get right on that with the skype Big Grin Thank you for the heads up!

Re: Hello all! - Deirdre - 11-22-2012

Welcome to the cult community.

Deirdre Wrote:Welcome to the cult community.
*Slowly puts down his freshly poured cup of punch* Y-yeah, thanks. :o

My money is on Thief as an alternate Job for Pugilist. I mean, yeah, Gladiators get daggers, but they're totally unsuitable otherwise. On the other hand, PUG would also be good for Ninja. :|a

Nonsensicles Wrote:My money is on Thief as an alternate Job for Pugilist. I mean, yeah, Gladiators get daggers, but they're totally unsuitable otherwise. On the other hand, PUG would also be good for Ninja. Undecideda
Yeah, I was really hoping they would offer us an "Assassin" job that would then ->THF but I doubt it. I really like dagger wielding characters, and to not have that as an option makes me kinda sad right now, but oh well! For the time being I'll just go PUG!

Edit: ALTHOUGH! How cool would it be if they finally introduced the Musketeer job and THAT -> THF. I could see that working!

Well, PUG would also be a good class to base a Gambler type job on, what with to their guild being the premier gambling house in Eorzea. If they went that way, Musketeer wouldn't be leading to the FFXI style Corsair, and gunners in other FF games don't really have a strong enough mechanical identity to base a Job. Well, not one that stands out as particularly viable for XIV.

On the other hand, the Musketeer's guild are the law in Limsa Lominsa. Thief would be alarmingly incongruous with that.

Re: Hello all! - Sigil.9054 - 11-22-2012

Welcome.

Re: Hello all! - Cole - 11-23-2012

Nonsensicles Wrote:Well, PUG would also be a good class to base a Gambler type job on, what with to their guild being the premier gambling house in Eorzea. If they went that way, Musketeer wouldn't be leading to the FFXI style Corsair, and gunners in other FF games don't really have a strong enough mechanical identity to base a Job. Well, not one that stands out as particularly viable for XIV.

On the other hand, the Musketeer's guild are the law in Limsa Lominsa. Thief would be alarmingly incongruous with that.
Hmm yeah that's fair, all I know is I really enjoy thf style classes, and for rp purposes I want to play the "thief with a heart of gold" style character. For now I'll go pug though Big Grin

And thank you for the welcome Sigil! Everyone is so friendly here its awesome!

Re: Hello all! - Almil - 11-23-2012

Heya, welcome back! ^^

Re: Hello all! - Cole - 11-23-2012

Almil Milei Wrote:Heya, welcome back! ^^
D'aw thanks! I love how friendly everyone is! This is so exciting! I can't wait for ARR!