Hydaelyn Role-Players
Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Character Workshop (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=34)
+--- Thread: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) (/showthread.php?tid=15157)

Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Juromaro - 02-04-2016

While I'm awaiting my money to come in so I can get back into the game I've been reading threads here to garner as much info as I can. I will be transfering my character Aria Surin to Balmung when I am able to play the game, but I'm more than likely going to give her a name and race change to the Au Ra race, though depending on how well I remember how to play the classes I may just make a new character idk yet.

I posted a few threads where I received quite a bit of info on some of the issues I was having so I was wanting to know a few more things.

1: I know to be a SMN you have to be present at the death of the given Primal, how often are Primals summoned and killed? Is it a Rare thing that would be huge news or something where when someone finds out about it they are all "Oh that again meh"?

2: Is it possible that pieces of Bahamut from the Battle of Cartaneu(spelling?) could have landed far enough around the Auri homeland? Or do I have to travel to the site and mine up some crystal to explain why my character can channel this primal?(If I decided to go that route, I doubt I will, I just don't want to be in an RP dungeon and not be able to use one of SMN's best skills).

3: Since Au Ra are half dragon/decendant from dragons is it possible they'd have a greater affinity towards Bahamut since he was prayed into being by the dragons 5000+ years ago(I think?), and they'd be able to hear him through the aether/crystals that surround Cartaneu?

4: Although I'll probably not RP with pet out and I'll probably stick to less exotic "Job Skills" like the generic Mercenary/Apothocary/Caster/Soldier/Knight/Bodyguard/thief archtype. Can someone still find Soulstones still in ruins or has enough time passed that they'd be all searched out? Reason for asking I'm going to figure out a way to explain how my character is able to summon an Egi through hard work, but from what I remember that knowledge is only obtainable through the SMN soulstone.

5: Would an Aggressive beast tribe that is connected to Ifrit, Titan or Garuda have any residual parts of said Primals laying around like a shrine after the defeat of these Primals by the WoL/Various other defeats? That she could possibly steal/come into contact with that would wash her in the Primal's Essence that she wants to summon without being tempered?

6: I know the Echo is rare, and it's probably frowned on if my snowflake has it, but how would your character find out she/he has it?

7: Since I'm not up to date on the story as I try to avoid as much spoilers I can about quests, Dark Knights and Astrologists how are they viewed in the RP community? Are they just like WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH where I have to come up with some extremely difficult explanation on how my character was able to use a certain ability during RP dungeons, or are they common enough that I'm not going to alienate the community by being one as a Profession?

8: I know that Heavensward is focused on Isgard and Dragons, but without to many spoilers what's the conflict with the Empire at these days?

9: What's the current timeline in game 5 or 7 years after Dalamund fell?

Character Idea: Obviously it's going to be an Au Ra, leaning more towards a Raen, probably came with Yuigri's(spelling?) group, or a Xaela(?) if Raen wouldn't have been in her group. She's quiet, a little shy, comes off as cold. Always looks like she's daydreaming(?) She's loyal to her friends and wears her heart on her sleeve. She's focused in battle. She's smart(I like to think I'm smart o.O).

Her flaws are: She's to trusting, a bit naive, not confidant around people. maybe some other flaws will appear as I iron out details. Sometimes has panic attacks when overwhelmed.

Likes: Sweets, Juice, Whatever the game equivalent to Scotch/Brandy would be. Fascinated with the stars and Arcanium(?).

Dislikes: Rude and Cruel people, public speaking, or anything putting her in the spotlight.

Name: Can't say till I make her, don't want it taken ^_-

Sexual Orientation: Lesbian

Relationship Status: Single

Family: ((WIP))

Backstory: ((WIP)) at least till I can get in game and get up to speed on the race's location, jobs and general mannerisms.

Any other tips or advice would be much appreciated. Also if it's a dumb idea for a character let me know cause I don't want to try and RP with a character that would be shunned in the various groups around Balmung.

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Cheezie - 02-04-2016

Ill Try to answer as best I can but some things I do not know.

1: I know to be a SMN you have to be present at the death of the given Primal, how often are Primals summoned and killed? Is it a Rare thing that would be huge news or something where when someone finds out about it they are all "Oh that again meh"? -Killing a primal is kind of a big deal since very people have protection from being tempered by them. The Echo provides protection from being tempered as I've heard there some other methods but I am not familiar with those. 

2: Is it possible that pieces of Bahamut from the Battle of Cartaneu(spelling?) could have landed far enough around the Auri homeland? Or do I have to travel to the site and mine up some crystal to explain why my character can channel this primal?(If I decided to go that route, I doubt I will, I just don't want to be in an RP dungeon and not be able to use one of SMN's best skills).
- Dalamund exploded over Eorzea, Bahamut was just the primal trapped inside. There are no pieces of Bahamut as primals are pure manifestations of ether, as I understand it they do not leave anything behind when killed.

3: Since Au Ra are half dragon/decendant from dragons is it possible they'd have a greater affinity towards Bahamut since he was prayed into being by the dragons 5000+ years ago(I think?), and they'd be able to hear him through the aether/crystals that surround Cartaneu? - Au Ra are not descended from dragons.

4: Although I'll probably not RP with pet out and I'll probably stick to less exotic "Job Skills" like the generic Mercenary/Apothocary/Caster/Soldier/Knight/Bodyguard/thief archtype. Can someone still find Soulstones still in ruins or has enough time passed that they'd be all searched out? Reason for asking I'm going to figure out a way to explain how my character is able to summon an Egi through hard work, but from what I remember that knowledge is only obtainable through the SMN soulstone. - You could find a soul stone anywhere really, that's your back story so no one can tell you otherwise.

5: Would an Aggressive beast tribe that is connected to Ifrit, Titan or Garuda have any residual parts of said Primals laying around like a shrine after the defeat of these Primals by the WoL/Various other defeats? That she could possibly steal/come into contact with that would wash her in the Primal's Essence that she wants to summon without being tempered? - Primals are pure ether they do not leave behind pieces of their bodies when they are beaten. (think demon/angel banishment D&D)

6: I know the Echo is rare, and it's probably frowned on if my snowflake has it, but how would your character find out she/he has it? - While the echo is rare, many people still have it, so it should never be an issue.

7: Since I'm not up to date on the story as I try to avoid as much spoilers I can about quests, Dark Knights and Astrologists how are they viewed in the RP community? Are they just like WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH where I have to come up with some extremely difficult explanation on how my character was able to use a certain ability during RP dungeons, or are they common enough that I'm not going to alienate the community by being one as a Profession? - You won't alienate anyone rping as a drk or ast, but I would suggest you look up the lore before you decide on it.

8: I know that Heavensward is focused on Isgard and Dragons, but without to many spoilers what's the conflict with the Empire at these days?- I don't know when you stopped playing but it is pretty much the same were they left off at the end of the 2.0msq, they have introduced some new people and things might start moving forward in the new patches but right now focus is on the dragonsong war.

9: What's the current timeline in game 5 or 7 years after Dalamund fell? - The game starts you 5 years after Dalamud fell, I don't know quite know how much time has passed, I don't recall if its been 1 or 2 years or less even.

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Jaliqai - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 08:26 PM)Cheezie Wrote: 3: Since Au Ra are half dragon/decendant from dragons is it possible they'd have a greater affinity towards Bahamut since he was prayed into being by the dragons 5000+ years ago(I think?), and they'd be able to hear him through the aether/crystals that surround Cartaneu? - Au Ra are descended from the voidsent not dragons or reptiles.

Not sure about the rest, but just chiming in to remind you that your friendly local Auri are not 'descended from', 'half', or in any other way related to dragons or voidsent! Those were just the inspirations that the developers took to design them, but there's no actual lore connection between them! c:

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Jana - 02-04-2016

Quick correction: Au Ra are neither descended from dragons nor voidsent; they're their own thing. In lore it's said there's "scholarly debate" over the former but evidence is heavily against it, while the latter is entirely a player invention without any in-game mention, I believe.

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Cheezie - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 08:41 PM)Ephemerality Wrote:
(02-04-2016, 08:26 PM)Cheezie Wrote: 3: Since Au Ra are half dragon/decendant from dragons is it possible they'd have a greater affinity towards Bahamut since he was prayed into being by the dragons 5000+ years ago(I think?), and they'd be able to hear him through the aether/crystals that surround Cartaneu? - Au Ra are descended from the voidsent not dragons or reptiles.

Not sure about the rest, but just chiming in to remind you that your friendly local Auri are not 'descended from', 'half', or in any other way related to dragons or voidsent! Those were just the inspirations that the developers took to design them, but there's no actual lore connection between them! c:
 you are correct, I misread my reference.

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Juromaro - 02-04-2016

Thank you all Smile guess I didn't read about the Auri as much as I thought I did lol, oh well now I know and can alter my character to fit this new info.

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Sounsyy - 02-04-2016

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 1: I know to be a SMN you have to be present at the death of the given Primal, how often are Primals summoned and killed? Is it a Rare thing that would be huge news or something where when someone finds out about it they are all "Oh that again meh"?

This is up in the air... and another spot of contention between RPers. Lore-wise, the primals were first summoned circa 1562-1564 and defeated by the Company of Heroes, a Lominsan group of mercenaries who were all talented fighters, but would be forced to send hundreds of men against the primals to defeat them. Those who survived, profited. Since that time, the primals have each been summoned at least once between past events and when they get summoned in the 2.0 Main Story. Ifrit, Garuda, (and Titan) were summoned again in 1572, Leviathan was summoned a year after the Calamity and according to his Triple Triad card, with some frequency since then.

Now, that said, there are some RPers out there who deem that the primal's summonings ONLY occur as part of the MSQ, and no other time. Conversely, there's a group of RPers who believe that there is sufficient evidence in NPC chat and primal lore to suggest that they get summoned on a more regular basis, rare yes, but not MSQ-only rare.

Unnamed Walker Wrote:The Sahagin and kobolds continue to summon their primals as well.
We hear little about Titan and Leviathan on Aldenard, but on Vylbrand, reports of terrible tremors tearing down buildings and towering waves washing away entire fishing villages are supposedly quite common.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 2: Is it possible that pieces of Bahamut from the Battle of Cartaneu(spelling?) could have landed far enough around the Auri homeland? Or do I have to travel to the site and mine up some crystal to explain why my character can channel this primal?(If I decided to go that route, I doubt I will, I just don't want to be in an RP dungeon and not be able to use one of SMN's best skills).

Pieces of Bahamut no, as Cheezie pointed out, primals are beings made entirely of aether and do not have true corporeal forms. When they die, their aether is ripped from their body and saturates the area immediately around them - this is the tainted wash required to later summon their essence or egi. After a while, that aether soaks into the land and returns to the Lifestream.

Now, pieces of Dalamud, the Allagan 'moon', broke apart over Mor Dhona and spread across Eorzea and its neighboring seas. However, Othard is nearly on the opposite side of the world from Aldenard, and it doesn't seem like the effects of the Calamity were felt that far away.

As far as a foreign Au Ra who was not present at the Battle of Carteneau summoning Bahamut, there were some relevant findings talked about in this thread on Auri Summoners.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 3: Since Au Ra are half dragon/decendant from dragons is it possible they'd have a greater affinity towards Bahamut since he was prayed into being by the dragons 5000+ years ago(I think?), and they'd be able to hear him through the aether/crystals that surround Cartaneu?

Like others before me said, Au Ra are neither dragons nor voidsent. They are distinctly their own hyur-like race. Now, devs specifically used dragons and voidsent as inspiration for their design during their creation, but the final product (as discussed by Fernehalwes) is neither of those manifestations in the lore or as far as the devs are concerned.

So to answer the question, there would be no greater affinity. Ironically, there is a tribe of Xaela named the Dalamiq who worshiped the red moon Dalamud before its fall. These tribals may believe they have a closer affinity for Bahamut?

3.0 Lodestone Wrote:The curved horns and beautifully patterned scales that characterize the Au Ra oft give rise to speculation that this Hyur-like race native to the Far Eastern continent of Othard are, in fact, the progeny of dragons. This, however, has long been disputed, with scholars citing several distinct differences in the two races as evidence of decidedly dissimilar roots - the first and foremost being the enhanced hearing and spatial recognition granted by an Au Ra's cranial projections (traits not attributed to draconian horns), and the second being the gross disproportion in body mass between Auri males and females (again, a trait widely unseen in dragons).

E3 2015 Gamerescape Interview Wrote:Q: Way back in 2010, Yoshida floated the idea of a reptilian demi-beastmen race – I think it was in one of the player surveys – and the Au Ra seem to be the eventual result. The concept art showed that they were referred to as draconian, but now they’re said to be demonic. What’s some background on that? Was this changed to prevent association with Shiva’s … relationship?

MCKF: The original concept was that we wanted to do something different than what we have in the game currently. We have our five races and they’re all fairly humanoid. Even the miqo’te – you have ears and a tail, but take them away and it’s still humanoid. We threw around the idea of the Viera, but, again, take out the ears and it’s humanoid. They wanted something that was a little bit more beastlike. So, you have the ideas of the dragons, and the wolfman art, and then you have the demon look. It went through a lot of different stages, and we tried to take the best of all of them. Of course, when you get the reptilian or draconian design, and you have the story of Heavensward focusing on Ishgard and the Dragonsong War, if you bring in something that is a dragon, you have to wonder how that player fits into the story. We didn’t want there to be that mess or alienate the players that choose that. Once we knew where the story was going to go, we were able to meld it all together and fix the design for what we have now.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 4: Although I'll probably not RP with pet out and I'll probably stick to less exotic "Job Skills" like the generic Mercenary/Apothocary/Caster/Soldier/Knight/Bodyguard/thief archtype. Can someone still find Soulstones still in ruins or has enough time passed that they'd be all searched out? Reason for asking I'm going to figure out a way to explain how my character is able to summon an Egi through hard work, but from what I remember that knowledge is only obtainable through the SMN soulstone.

You could, potentially, find SMN soulstones in Allagan ruins. Currently, a group of Sharlayan archaeologists called the Sons of Saint Coinach are excavating and cataloging Allagan information, history, and artifacts they find. This is how the Player Character stumbles upon their own soulstone, and a surefire way to get one in RP. Finding out how to read said soulstone or learning how to actually perform the Rite of Austerity might require someone who is familiar with Allagan history to help you. This could be a fun thing to RP out! So I wouldn't discount it. But there isn't really a "hard work and this will just work itself out" method to Summoner. It has some very specific requirements for its practices, which also get covered in the above link to Auri Summoners.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 5: Would an Aggressive beast tribe that is connected to Ifrit, Titan or Garuda have any residual parts of said Primals laying around like a shrine after the defeat of these Primals by the WoL/Various other defeats? That she could possibly steal/come into contact with that would wash her in the Primal's Essence that she wants to summon without being tempered?

They have shrines devoted to their primal deities, but again, primals are made up of pure aether and have no corporeal forms. When they die, they return to aether. This is why the beast tribes go to such desperate lengths to acquire massive stock of elemental crystals, so that they may use their aether to resummon their gods. Again, another hint to players that the primals get summoned more off screen, at least before the Warrior of Light showed up.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 6: I know the Echo is rare, and it's probably frowned on if my snowflake has it, but how would your character find out she/he has it?

The Echo is rare, but not nearly as rare as people preach it is. It is not snowflakey to have it. A good bit of Echo lore gets covered in this recent Echo Lore post.

The question of how one would find out they had what's called the Echo is a tricky one. There are members of the Path of Knowing, an organization dedicated to researching the Echo, who for the longest time did not know they had this power. They started having visions, started thinking they were crazy, had strange things happen to them, hearing voices. Before the Calamity, the Path of the Twelve searched for such people and brought them into their company to help them along the path. However, the Garleans invaded the Waking Sands as part of the MSQ and slaughtered many of the former Path of the Twelve members. So they aren't actively seeking Echo users anymore.

Fenana Wrote:Hundreds...thousands...perhaps even hundreds of thousands walk the Path of the Twelve. You need not be one of us to see how far our influence extends throughout the realm.

Godfrey Wrote:I myself was woken ten years ago when I saw me a starshower up in the mountains near Ishgard. Not long after, I started havin' these visions.
Once or twice a year is all, mind ye, but it was enough to put the fear in me belly. Afore long, there weren't no one I could trust. 'Twas enough t' drive me wife into the arms of another man. If it weren't fer the Path, the Echo might've killed me. Luckily, it helped me kill someone else first.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 7: Since I'm not up to date on the story as I try to avoid as much spoilers I can about quests, Dark Knights and Astrologists how are they viewed in the RP community? Are they just like WHM/BLM/SMN/SCH where I have to come up with some extremely difficult explanation on how my character was able to use a certain ability during RP dungeons, or are they common enough that I'm not going to alienate the community by being one as a Profession?

Both are common, but I'd suggest doing the quests for both.
Dark Knight Wrote:The pious Ishgardian clergy guide the flock, and the devout knights protect the weak. Yet even the holiest of men succumb to the darkest of temptations. None dare to administer justice to these sacrosanct elite residing outside the reach of the law. Who, then, defends the feeble from the transgressions of those meant to guide and protect them?

A valiant few take up arms to defend the downtrodden, and not even the holy priests and knights can escape their judgment. Pariahs in their own land, they are known by many as "dark knights". These sentinels bear no shields declaring their allegiance. Instead, their greatswords act as beacons to guide the meek through darkness.

Astrologian Wrote:Ever has man coveted knowledge, and none more so than that of his fate. Thus did he labor to master the skill of foresight—but initial efforts bore little fruit. That is, until he looked to the stars above, which foretell the coming seasons, and learned to read the heavens.

Though this gift is known today as astrology, the people of Sharlayan saw fit to not only read the stars, but to write their movements as well. By attuning their aetherial energies to that of constellations, they learned to wield magicks with heretofore unseen properties. Thus was astromancy born—a new form of magick which grants its users power over fate. Employing a star globe and divining deck in their miraculous deeds, fortune always smiles upon these masters of arcana.

Virella has a very nice Astrologian Lore Summary as well, if you're interested in more info.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 8: I know that Heavensward is focused on Isgard and Dragons, but without to many spoilers what's the conflict with the Empire at these days?

After the defeat of Garlemald's XIVth Legion in Eorzea in the aftermath of Operation Archon at the end of 2.0 MSQ, the Garleans have settled in for the long siege and were recuperating. Solus zos Galvus, first Emperor of Garlemald, has been feeling ill and many of the noble houses in Garlemald are circling at the prospect of his death, wondering who will succeed him. Soon after this defeat, the Emperor dies, and so begins Garlemald's War of Succession as the founding houses vie for control over the throne.

Using the political crisis as a distraction, the Far Eastern Imperial province of Doma rebels against the Empire, but is betrayed by Garlean sympathizers from the inside. The rebellion falters, and to set an example for the other city-states of Othard, Doma is razed to the ground. Doman refugees begin flooding into Eorzea.

By the events of Heavensward, a successor to the Imperial throne is crowned: Varis zos Galvus, Solus's grandson. Formerly Varis yae Galvus, Varis was the ruthless High Legatus (commander) of the Garlean military. Now, he controls the nation in all its aspects, and has set out to do what his grandfather could not - attain the lost secrets of Allag and conquer Eorzea at any cost.

(02-04-2016, 07:12 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 9: What's the current timeline in game 5 or 7 years after Dalamund fell?

Technically, it is still 5 years since the Calamity as far as the lore of the game world is concerned. Fernehalwes explains:

Fernehalwes Wrote:Before I move onto question two, allow me to veer off onto a little tangent: there have been several threads about Hydaelyn’s timeline not matching up with Earth’s. If it has been two years since the release of the game, why is it still 1572 in Eorzea at the time of patch 1.23? This is a dilemma faced by a lot of MMOs. To allow everyone that joins the game, regardless of when they do, to experience the full story, there simply has to be a stoppage of time. Okay, not really a stoppage, but more of a time bubble in which a span of about a year is contained. This is why that for the duration of 1.0, Eorzea was in a perpetual 1572. Think of it as the same thing that’s happening in the Simpsons. 23 seasons gone and Lisa’s still 8, Maggie’s still a baby, and the gummy Venus still tastes oh, so sacrelicious. Pushing time along would also mean changing 1000s of lines of NPC dialogue, updating quests, webpages, etc. with every patch. Meaning it would take more than double the time to release updates, and I’m sure most people wouldn’t want to wait. In a book, movie, offline game, a strict timeline can be set without too many complications. In an online title, there are just too many variables, so we ask that you bear with our bending of space-time. It’s for the greater good!

Quote:Q: Long ago, you mentioned that 1.0 took place in a “Simpsons Time Bubble.” Are we still in a bubble? Or does time move now that we know Patch = Canon?

Fernehalwes: It’s still a bubble; you have to have a bubble. There are players joining in Heavensward that are starting at the beginning. The bubble’s just gotten bigger.

That said, this answer is very unsatisfactory for roleplayers, especially those who have been RPing their character for a number of RL years, even though its only been a 3/4 of a year give or take in lore since the start of 2.0. The best compromise has been to consider RL years as game years when RPing, however, keep in mind that as far as the lore and the story setting is concerned, far less time has passed. Domans came to Eorzea only months ago. The Calamity is still only five years gone. And that yearly seasonal event seems to have only just happened. As several people have accurately put it, time is very timey-wimey wibbly-wobbly. Some go so far as to just ignore using specific time in their RP.

Hope this helps! ^^ Lemme know if you have more questions!

EDIT:
(02-04-2016, 09:40 PM)Juromaro Wrote: Thank you all Smile guess I didn't read about the Auri as much as I thought I did lol, oh well now I know and can alter my character to fit this new info.

For more race lore, feel free to check out this racial lore compilation!

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Juromaro - 02-04-2016

Sounsyy once again thank you <3, I do have a few more questions,

1: Is one able to join the Sons of Saint Coinach or is it a Sharlyan only group?

2: Are there any Allagan ruins that are currently accessible in game? Not really a place I can fully explore though that would help my story alot, but rather a place that has an entrance or something along those lines that I could spend my "days" digging through rubble.

3: Are the Auri still hunted/killed in Ishgard lorewise or is it acceptable to be in that area for training/communing with elements?

4: I remember from the ACN quests that Limsa Lominsa was the "school" for your character to learn about all things Arcanist, but are there any other known areas besides Limsa where my Au Ra could receive the training not really in a gameplay way but storywise?

5: What types of Auri came with Yuigri in the 2.0-2.2/3ish MSQ?

6: I know the Auri were largely stationary/nomads till the Garlean invasion but is there anything hinted at an Au Ra being visited by other nations/people that would make a baby snatched from home a plausible story as to why my Auri would think she was born in Girdania/Ul'dah?

7: As I don't want to try and RP a Fantasia situation, when and how long has Glamour been used to hide one's true self outside of voidsent?

8: What would the radius of one of these Aether washes be? Immediate area/5 Mile/Whole Zone?

9: How does Glamour work? Can the illusion be broken if the caster dies or is it something that dissipates on it's own or have some sort of magic be needed to dissolve it?

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Sounsyy - 02-05-2016

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 1: Is one able to join the Sons of Saint Coinach or is it a Sharlyan only group?

The Sons of Saint Coinach is predominantly a Sharlayan organization, but I don't see why someone couldn't join them. The group has close connections with the Garlond Ironworks, which is a Garlean organization, so much so that their member intermingle, according to the NOAH storyline. Also, as your player character joins them, technically, it could be taken as another example of foreigners being hired on to the group.

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 2: Are there any Allagan ruins that are currently accessible in game? Not really a place I can fully explore though that would help my story alot, but rather a place that has an entrance or something along those lines that I could spend my "days" digging through rubble.

There are several in Mor Dhona, actually, and in Thanalan also, technically. The ruins out by Saint Coinach's Find in eastern Mor Dhona are Allagan, as is the Syrcus Tower also in the region. In the Thanalan region, you can find the Royal Allagan Sunway and Starway, which are both roads dating back to the Third Astral Era. In 1.0, parts of stone from the Sunway still existed along the path. I'm not sure if any such segments of walkway can still be found in the 2.0 version, but its still technically an Allagan historical artifact, even if it still gets used as a modern road today. Additionally, the ruins found out in the Sagolii Desert in what's called Byregot's Strike are of Allagan design. The Sons of Saint Coinach were researching them as well, after miners from Amajina & Sons uncovered the ruins.

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 3: Are the Auri still hunted/killed in Ishgard lorewise or is it acceptable to be in that area for training/communing with elements?

Not anymore. The Holy See now recognizes Au Ra as Spoken and not Dravanian. The events of 20 years past seems to be a more isolated incident based on Ishgardian prejudices than something that would've been widespread in Eorzea. Fernehalwes himself recently suggested that there's very little racial tension between the Au Ra and everyone else because they do not have a long history of racial violence since they are brand new to the continent.

Fernehalwes Wrote:Now, as for how the Au Ra are regarded by others living in Eorzea, while there was racial tension in past ages, recently with the onset of the Age of Adventure and an influx in the amount of people of all races flocking to Eorzea, there truly isn’t any form of heavy discrimination towards the Au Ra (it also helps that because very few Au Ra ever visited Eorzea before, there is little deep-seated hate stemming from historical conflict). However, because they are new to Eorzea and there is much mystery surrounding them, a lot of native Eorzeans are still a bit wary (even if they don’t really know why).

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 4: I remember from the ACN quests that Limsa Lominsa was the "school" for your character to learn about all things Arcanist, but are there any other known areas besides Limsa where my Au Ra could receive the training not really in a gameplay way but storywise?

Yes, actually. The art of Arcanum actually originates in its modern form from the isles of the South Seas. Between Vylbrand and Meracydia on the Rhotano Sea lie a series of islands that are the native homelands of most early Lalafellin tribes. According to SCH 50+ quest lore, the city-state of Nym, which once sat on Vylbrand, held trade relations with these smaller islands and likely spread the art of Scholar and Arcanum throughout them. However, Nym fell prey to a terrible plague and the art of summoning the Fae was lost.

In modern times, Limsa Lominsa uses its arcanists as Assessors at Mealvaan's Gate, a port which monitors, trades, and oversees all trade in and out of Limsa and sees trade ships from every port around the world, even Garlemald and the Far East. It's entirely possible that an Assessor aboard one of these merchant ships could've taught someone overseas the basics of how to cast Arcanum?

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 5: What types of Auri came with Yuigri in the 2.0-2.2/3ish MSQ?

The former Imperial province of Doma was home primarily to the Raen Au Ra, Midlander Hyur, and some Plainsfolk Lalafell. These make up the majority of the Domans we encounter in game and lore.

Fernehalwes Wrote:Now, whereas the Xaela are made up of dozens of small tribes lead by khans, the Raen are mostly stationary and live near Doma or in the Far Eastern islands across the sea from Doma. However, due to the invasion of Othard by the Garlean Empire, a lot of Raen have been displaced and now flock to areas where they can find safety—like Eorzea (as was the case with Yugiri).

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 6: I know the Auri were largely stationary/nomads till the Garlean invasion but is there anything hinted at an Au Ra being visited by other nations/people that would make a baby snatched from home a plausible story as to why my Auri would think she was born in Girdania/Ul'dah?

As I mentioned earlier, the Othardians have had trade with Limsa Lominsa for years, even after Garlean occupation. It could be swung that a Lominsan merchant took an Auri family back with him or adopted a child or whatever? There's also the Sharlayans, scholars from the north seas who have made it their nation's mission to study the world and catalog every race, culture, history they find. They've gone as far as to create an entire city-state in Eorzea to act as a colony to gather information on the Eorzeans. They could have also made a settlement or spent time learning about the Far Easterners? Though, there's yet to be lore that explicitly states this, it seems kind of silly to think that at some point in history the Sharlayans haven't visited Othard. Though this option would likely not be recently - as the Sharlayans do not tolerate the Garlean Empire. They abandoned their Eorzean settlement when they learned Garlemald was going to invade. Othard has been under Garlean rule for close to 20-25 years now, it's unlikely the Sharlayans would've stuck around during that time.

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 7: As I don't want to try and RP a Fantasia situation, when and how long has Glamour been used to hide one's true self outside of voidsent?

Unknown. Glamour magicks are mostly seen in beastkin and voidsent creatures. Skilled artisans have synthesized an artificial method of glamouring items. There's some discussion about it between RPers in this Glamour Discussion. There's several others like it in the archives, but this one goes into it a little more I think.

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 8: What would the radius of one of these Aether washes be? Immediate area/5 Mile/Whole Zone?

Umm, likely immediate area. This isn't something that's exactly expressed in the lore, but in the death cutscene of every primal you can see it disintegrate into aether. You'd need to be near that disintegration to get the wash. So, inside the Primal arena? Or just outside of it, like Urianger was when he watched the fight with Ramuh?

(02-04-2016, 10:54 PM)Juromaro Wrote: 9: How does Glamour work? Can the illusion be broken if the caster dies or is it something that dissipates on it's own or have some sort of magic be needed to dissolve it?

Yes to all three. Glamour magic will be broken when the caster loses concentration, is struck or damaged, or a de-glamouring device is used on the caster. A glamour may or may not eventually fade on its own and need to be restored, as with Sylph magicks, which are demonstrated to be impermanent.

A Glamourous Life Wrote:Several imps locked up in the brig escaped by donning magicked glamours which made them appear as if they were men. The malicious voidsent now roam western La Noscea, free to torment the poor souls they hap across. The Yellowjackets are petitioning adventurers to aid in their search for the creatures. It is said that the light of the evenfall firefly can dispel an imp's glamour, and all those participating in the hunt are recommended to first collect firefly abdomens and use them on suspicious-looking characters wandering aimlessly about the hills.

RE: Lots of Questions/Character Idea.(minor spoilers) - Juromaro - 02-05-2016

Once again tyvm <3, I think I have a much clearer picture of my new Raen ^_^