Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts (/showthread.php?tid=15285)

3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Sylastair - 02-17-2016

The following link shows a few images of the upcoming Bismark and Ravana mounts. A rough translation is as follows (pulled from Reddit):

HHTurtle
17th of February 2016
Hello!
This is Project Manager M here.
Have you all been fighting the Extreme Primals?
Patch 3.2 will add mounts as rewards for the Extreme Primal fights introduced in Heavensward.
This time the mounts will be birds!
Mount of Ravana!
Mount of Bismarck!
"What is this? I want it!!!"
Additionally, there will also be mounts for Thordan and Sephirot.
Hmm? Of course, it is decided based on who wins the roll!
I didn't finish collecting all the horses but...
If all the different kinds of bird mounts are collected, do you think something good will happen again...?
Patch 3.2 is set to be released next week on the 23rd of February (Tuesday).
Try your best to win your NEED rolls, everybody!
Project Manager M

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - K'nahli - 02-17-2016

I might try and collect them on my main just for the sake of having them, but really it's my Paladin who wants the Bismarck mount and perhaps my level 53-not-even-at-Heavensward-yet Ninja who wants Ravanna, but trying to farm an extreme primal as them is quite intimidating. I never did such a thing on anyone but my main, a Bard ;

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Sylastair - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 10:02 AM)K Wrote: I might try and collect them on my main just for the sake of having them, but really it's my Paladin who wants the Bismarck mount and perhaps my level 53-not-even-at-Heavensward-yet Ninja who wants Ravanna, but trying to farm an extreme primal as them is quite intimidating. I never did such a thing on anyone but my main, a Bard ;
Yeah it'll be back to farming Ravana for me (On Flynt at least). Hopefully by that time though with some gear upgrades it'll be less intimidating. Plus I imagine we'll see farming parties make a resurgence for these two fights. I am more interested in what the Thordan mount will look like XD

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - MBajihri - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 10:19 AM)Flynt Knoltros Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 10:02 AM)K Wrote: I might try and collect them on my main just for the sake of having them, but really it's my Paladin who wants the Bismarck mount and perhaps my level 53-not-even-at-Heavensward-yet Ninja who wants Ravanna, but trying to farm an extreme primal as them is quite intimidating. I never did such a thing on anyone but my main, a Bard ;
Yeah it'll be back to farming Ravana for me (On Flynt at least). Hopefully by that time though with some gear upgrades it'll be less intimidating. Plus I imagine we'll see farming parties make a resurgence for these two fights. I am more interested in what the Thordan mount will look like XD
Did somebody say Thordan farm?! Big Grin

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Sylastair - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 10:29 AM)MBajihri Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 10:19 AM)Flynt Knoltros Wrote:
Did somebody say Thordan farm?! Big Grin
I really need to give Thordan a try XD. I will steal you one day and you can laugh while I figure it out.

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Cato - 02-17-2016

I'll likely give them a pass if the drop rate is the same as it was when the previous Primal mounts first became available. If they follow their established trend of increasing the drop rate towards the end of the expansion then I'll likely try and snag them then. I'm in no rush and finding a group for current 'high end' content has proven to be a frustrating experience so far.

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - K'nahli - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 11:00 AM)Graeham Wrote: I'll likely give them a pass if the drop rate is the same as it was when the previous Primal mounts first became available. If they follow their established trend of increasing the drop rate towards the end of the expansion then I'll likely try and snag them then. I'm in no rush and finding a group for current 'high end' content has proven to be a frustrating experience so far.

They had a low drop rate? Do you know what it was/have an approximation?

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Warren Castille - 02-17-2016

(02-17-2016, 01:31 PM)Knahli Wrote:
(02-17-2016, 11:00 AM)Graeham Wrote: I'll likely give them a pass if the drop rate is the same as it was when the previous Primal mounts first became available. If they follow their established trend of increasing the drop rate towards the end of the expansion then I'll likely try and snag them then. I'm in no rush and finding a group for current 'high end' content has proven to be a frustrating experience so far.

Original primal ponies? Under 10%, horror stories of under 5%.

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Cassandra - 02-17-2016

Primal Pigeons!

Even if the drop rate is awful, I'll probably spend way too long farming them once I work out my PvE rust. Good way to keep that rust at bay in the future.

RE: 3.2 Ravana & Bismark Mounts - Cato - 02-18-2016

(02-17-2016, 01:31 PM)K Wrote:

I have no idea! I never saw one drop before they adjusted the drop rate, though. After that I managed to snag the Garuda and Shiva steeds after joining a group created specifically to farm them. For eight players it took about two hours per boss to snag one for everybody - which wasn't too bad. Sometimes two would drop in a row but then other times we'd go without seeing them for up to ten attempts before another saw fit to drop.