Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Selection (Prelude) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Selection (Prelude) (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Seraphine Felstar - 08-19-2010

Whatever it is, please don't make it take a long time! I really want to get into playing asap Cry

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Mycroft - 08-19-2010

Crystal Wrote:Whatever it is, please don't make it take a long time! I really want to get into playing asap Cry

Quoted for great justice.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kylin - 08-19-2010

Our normal votes are done over 7 days. This particular vote would last a maximum of 3 days. And even that is assuming we have 3 days before the game launches. If server names aren't known by then, that's where the other proposals in the Headlines sticky come into play.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Tadir - 08-19-2010

If server names stay the same I say we stay with Jecht. If they don't, but our names automatically transfer to a specific server, I saw we go with that one. I think a 3 day vote is too long though, if it starts on launch day. I'm not waiting that long to play.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kima wolf - 08-19-2010

Yeah we need to decide before launch day definitely, preferably a few days before it. I don't care what server we go to as long as I know before launch so I can tell my guys and gals where to roll their chars.

Nonono. Read my post again Laugh . Voting wouldn't last 3 days after the game goes live. We're only voting if the server names are known BEFORE the game launches. So if the final server names aren't known before September 22nd, we wouldn't be voting at all. We would defer to the instructions in the Headlines sticky.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Asyria - 08-19-2010

But... we... what? O_O
That thing looks overly complicated. ^^;

Oooooooh!

Then yes. I'm good with it.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-19-2010

If they stay the same can we not stay with Jecht? He was a retarded boss, there were plenty of way better ones and besides that the name is stupid. We only went with Jecht initially because half of us in beta were on Exdeath and half were on Jecht and the ones on Exdeath didn't want to make a big fuss about it since it was just beta. Say no to Jecht for launch day!

The reason I support Jecht is because it is easy. We are on the server, so we all know where to go. I also think we will be less likely to get the, to use the technical term, asshats that servers like Sephiroth or Kefka will get. Who cares how cool the boss it was named after is. It's a server, not part of the game lore.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Eva - 08-19-2010

Asyria Wrote:But... we... what? O_O
That thing looks overly complicated. ^^;
I don't think it's that confusing, but I went back and provided a spoiler tag outlining some examples to help clarify:
CHECK IT OUT

I think we should stick with this. Although I find myself hoping that if they stick with the current naming scheme, that Jecht will not be the 7th if we roll with method #3.

My assumption is that 5 and 6 will never even be needed, since the number of RPers does not seem anywhere near massive enough to warrant the creation of multiple RP servers. I would have liked to have gone with the 4th from the get-go (which would eliminate Jecht from the running) and makes it abundantly clear no matter what configuration they use, but if they list the servers at least a day or two prior to 9/22, I think a vote would be the best way.

Personally I'd like to see it shortened to:
1. VOTE
2. If not enough time, first alphabetically at/after L.

That's just me though...

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Nikolai - 08-19-2010

Tadir Wrote:The reason I support Jecht is because it is easy. We are on the server, so we all know where to go. I also think we will be less likely to get the, to use the technical term, asshats that servers like Sephiroth or Kefka will get. Who cares how cool the boss it was named after is. It's a server, not part of the game lore.

I dunno about that. I know a couple of asshats who really, really love Jecht. It's like he resonates with their asshattiness.

On a side note, I'm hereby claiming creator status for the word asshattiness. <3

Denied. Been using it for years.

Feel free to submit your application on other words.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-19-2010

sweetidealism Wrote:
Tadir Wrote:The reason I support Jecht is because it is easy. We are on the server, so we all know where to go. I also think we will be less likely to get the, to use the technical term, asshats that servers like Sephiroth or Kefka will get. Who cares how cool the boss it was named after is. It's a server, not part of the game lore.

I dunno about that. I know a couple of asshats who really, really love Jecht. It's like he resonates with their asshattiness.

On a side note, I'm hereby claiming creator status for the word asshattiness. <3

Hahaha, an arrogant, alcoholic, abusive father? Resonating with asshats? I am SHOCKED. Laugh Jecht is I think the most depressing bad guy in all of FF lore. He's not even really that much of a villain, he's just a dick.

Just so everyone knows...IF we do scrap Jecht and the server names DO end up being the same...And if we don't know this before the game launches, we'll end up going with the server closest to the letter L alphabetically. With the current server list, that server would be Sephiroth >.>;;