Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Selection (Prelude) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Selection (Prelude) (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Shamadconde - 08-19-2010

Aveline Wrote:
sweetidealism Wrote:
Tadir Wrote:The reason I support Jecht is because it is easy. We are on the server, so we all know where to go. I also think we will be less likely to get the, to use the technical term, asshats that servers like Sephiroth or Kefka will get. Who cares how cool the boss it was named after is. It's a server, not part of the game lore.

I dunno about that. I know a couple of asshats who really, really love Jecht. It's like he resonates with their asshattiness.

On a side note, I'm hereby claiming creator status for the word asshattiness. <3

Hahaha, an arrogant, alcoholic, abusive father? Resonating with asshats? I am SHOCKED. Laugh Jecht is I think the most depressing bad guy in all of FF lore. He's not even really that much of a villain, he's just a dick.

I had to search my memory hard to remember who he was. Not a very memorable villain.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Asyria - 08-19-2010

Okay.. okay... WHO was Jecht?
I don't even remember him at all... maybe he was in one of the few FF's I haven't played.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-19-2010

He was Tidus' father in FF10. As I recall, I don't think you actually ever even fight him. He's mostly around in flashbacks from Tidus' original life where he was a mega blitzball star and basically just drank a lot and verbally abused Tidus. Later on he becomes the next incarnation of Sin or something (I forget exactly how Sin worked).

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Tadir - 08-19-2010

Castiel Wrote:Just so everyone knows...IF we do scrap Jecht and the server names DO end up being the same...And if we don't know this before the game launches, we'll end up going with the server closest to the letter L alphabetically. With the current server list, that server would be Sephiroth >.>;;

O_o

I think we should change the letter...to T.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-19-2010

Tadir Wrote:
Castiel Wrote:Just so everyone knows...IF we do scrap Jecht and the server names DO end up being the same...And if we don't know this before the game launches, we'll end up going with the server closest to the letter L alphabetically. With the current server list, that server would be Sephiroth >.>;;

O_o

Ultimecia! Yesssssssssss. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Nikolai - 08-19-2010

Aveline Wrote:
Tadir Wrote:

O_o

Ultimecia! Yesssssssssss. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I agree with this sentiment. Ultimecia~ <3

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Mycroft - 08-19-2010

Or we could just say... Kuja, if there is such a server (there'd better be, or I might smack someone)

He had a flair for the theatrical, associating him with RP seems only natural.. When ignoring his more uuhm.. Flamboyant side.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Asyria - 08-19-2010

Oooooooooooohhhhhhh right, Tidus' father! Yeah... okay.

How do you ignore Kuja's flamboyant side? That was his biggest side! He wasn't half as evil as he was flamboyant! Tongue

I vote we change the letter to G. G.. J... very similar.
Also, Golbez.
Takes an awesome villain to have an organ theme.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Mycroft - 08-19-2010

Asyria Wrote:Also, Golbez.
Takes an awesome villain to have an organ theme.

Apropos themes.. Kuja has the best personal theme of all the FF Villains.

Please, Kefka does by far. We should, however, take this to a different thread. This is about server selection, not music.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Eva - 08-19-2010

Asyria Wrote:Takes an awesome villain to have an organ theme.
This!

But I don't think they're going to stick to the villain names for servers. If they do we can just add a clause, "First alphabetically after L that is not Sephiroth"

:approve:

I'm okay with that clause.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Seraphine Felstar - 08-19-2010

Just watch, everyone will avoid Sephiroth and it'll end up being an awesome server. None of the NM's will be camped and the prices will end up being more stable Tongue

So L or T? O.o

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Gavin - 08-19-2010

Crystal Wrote:Just watch, everyone will avoid Sephiroth and it'll end up being an awesome server. None of the NM's will be camped and the prices will end up being more stable Tongue

So L or T? O.o

heheh if only.

All the good people will avoid Sephiroth leaving the rest of em... thousands upon thousands of Clouds and Sephiroths running around with amnesia or looking for their mommy...

The horror. THE HORROR!!!

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - ArmachiA - 08-20-2010

aww I Like Jecht, that storyline was tearjerking Cry