Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Selection (Prelude) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Selection (Prelude) (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-22-2010

Quote:Well, we will hopefully have CD-roms at the time to download from, at least that's what I'm hoping. If I have to download it all from scratch, I will probbly not be able to play at all during those extra 8 days we get from the CE <.<

If there is not a lengthy "update" that takes several hours upon installation of the game.. I will burst into flames from the shock of it. ;P

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 08-22-2010

I can live with updates, but it took 1½ day to download just the beta version of the game. If I have to go through the entire installation the same way, I'm gonna cry Cry

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Siben - 08-22-2010

Kashemia Wrote:Well, we will hopefully have CD-roms at the time to download from, at least that's what I'm hoping. If I have to download it all from scratch, I will probbly not be able to play at all during those extra 8 days we get from the CE <.<

Speaking of the 8 day head start...how are we supposed to get into that exactly? My local Gamestop didn't give me a CD-key or anything when I pre-ordered my C.E.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 08-22-2010

I'm hoping that they get the CE earlier so we can go pick it up...

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Tagyr - 08-22-2010

I think I do remember something about different release dates with the Collectors coming out first. Hopefully the patches that may come with it aren't too extravagant. Least that way we could get the most out of the 8 days before the main population arrives to crash the servers possibly.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Zane - 08-22-2010

Collector's Edition comes out on September 22nd. Normal comes out on September 30th. There is a good chance that someone within the RPC may know someone who may have a copy of the game on September 21st, and thus able to relay server names at least a few hours before launch. Otherwise, Japanese players will certainly be up and playing before stores open on the East Coast here, and probably even before the EU's can install their game.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Asyria - 08-22-2010

I've been in many betas before and, usually, you don't need to re-download the whole thing. More like you download a "patch" that takes you from beta version to retail version.
Other than that, for those orders, the release dates are when they are in stores, so if you were gonna get yours by mail, you likely will get it at (release+shipping time).

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-22-2010

Amazon has release-date shipping that guarantees it will arrive on release day, so I should be getting mine the same day that CE copies are available in stores. ^_^b

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Tadir - 08-23-2010

Every beta I've been in has required a different client for the release version of the game. I think the process has been pretty well outlined. If we have the names we vote. If we don't, Alphabetically from T. Or RP server if available, which I doubt.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kylin - 08-23-2010

We'll hold a vote after open beta begins based on the current beta server names. Several more servers may be added at that time and it won't hurt to be prepared in case they do keep the names (though they probably will change the names).

Be prepared for numerous mass emails over the next few weeks regarding this.

Otherwise, I think we've got a pretty solid outline ready based on the feedback here. I'll prepare a summary of this massive thread and the "official" proposal in the Headlines section soon.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kima wolf - 08-23-2010

Aveline Wrote:Amazon has release-date shipping that guarantees it will arrive on release day, so I should be getting mine the same day that CE copies are available in stores. ^_^b

That's what I got. Granted I still don't expect to play until the 23rd or 24th because i know they'll have server issues and a gigantic patch in the realm of 2 or 3 gigs or more probably.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Eva - 08-23-2010

Yeah, I didn't bother with PTO for the 22nd - cuz who knows - but I'll be taking Thursday and Friday off, for sure!
:bounce:
Less than a month to go now!!!

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kylin - 08-23-2010

Please view the new sticky in the Headlines section! It details a summary of these last many pages, as well as the selection process, voting procedures, and so on. If you have any qualms with anything stated there, please post in that thread. If no grievances are made within 5-7 days, it will be our "official" server selection info.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Asyria - 08-23-2010

Need to stop allowing for grievances at some point, tehre will always be some. Tongue
Like, I could say that we should go for low as we could push it to medium all by ourselves and that spillover secondary servers are absolutely horrible and should be avoided at all cost because those stuck there will be cut off from the rest of us (possibly even cut off from their LS :O ) but, you know... if it happens it happens, we can't do anything about it.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 08-23-2010

Quote:If no grievances are made within 5-7 days, it will be our "official" server selection info.

I think you should change that to 3 days: Less time for people to come up with as many nitpicky "grievances" as possible (more than we already have I mean haha). Tongue