Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Selection (Prelude) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Selection (Prelude) (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 08-30-2010

Why are people so upset about this? Isn't the most important thing that we end up on the same server? Then it's up to us to make THAT server a great, growing roleplay server, no matter what name. I really think it's a shame if something like this put a split in the community. Come on people, we're supposed to be a community, let's try to BE a community instead of bickering among ourselves.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Trizzip - 08-30-2010

Kima wolf Wrote:I think it is more of implied that some people feel a bit offended and put off by how intense things got and simply choose to distance themselves. At least that's what i've gathered from reading the forums so far. It seems mostly to be a misunderstanding of words and attitudes. Personally I think this kind of debate is healthy and needed within any community. Will everyone get along? Of course not. Will people get annoyed with others suggestions? Sure they will. But at the end of the day we should still come together as one community after the debate is over because let's face it, RPers will always be a minority on any server we choose, and the more divided we are the more we limit our potential RP.

I've read some pretty silly and crazy things to me, but I understand that things aren't personal and people are simply voicing their opinions so no I don't hold it against people nor judge them for their passion or lack or passion on any subject.

If someone feels something is a huge deal who am I to say it isn't. All I will do is give my opinion and hope after the debate has ended we can still be "cool".

Very well put. That pretty much sums up my feelings.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Shamadconde - 08-30-2010

*gives everyone a pie* NOW MAKE FRIENDS!

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Eva - 08-30-2010

But... but...

...where's the cake...?!

Cry

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Tadir - 08-30-2010

Shamad Conde Wrote:*gives everyone a pie* NOW MAKE FRIENDS!

I'm going to have to head to my lab. I think I have all the parts I need to make frien...wait...I think I misunderstood you.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Shamadconde - 08-30-2010

Don't make me say it.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kima wolf - 08-30-2010

The cake is a lie!

(there i said it!)

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - UnbeknownstGhost - 08-30-2010

Because the Pie is the Truth.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - River - 08-30-2010

I give up. I'm with you Cas. I can't wait until this damn thing is over. Undecided

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 08-30-2010

Just a few more days and this will ALL be over Wink
At least for me, I'm having my bf over for 2 weeks, so I doubt I'll be spending much time on the computer until launch.

So good luck to the rest of you. And can I have a piece of that pie? Since the cake IS obviously a lie Sad

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kylin - 08-30-2010

Since this thread is now ending on a semi-positive note, it's now the opportune moment to lock it before it somehow goes back the other way. The discussion was essentially over quite some time ago anyway.

The server poll is being posted within about 24 hours now. The process is mostly final and nobody has spoken out about it since it was posted in the Headlines section quite some time ago. Nobody has spoken out against the minor changes I posted in this thread either and there seems to be overwhelming support for taking it down to a 24 hour voting period. If there are other proposed changes, it's a bit late now because of how close we are to kickoff. Thus, the bickering about proposals that aren't even being used is pointless. No point burning bridges between RPers already. It's to my understanding that Aion's RP community temporarily had a rather toxic environment during the voting period. Let's show that we can handle the situation better.

Everyone just breathe and wait until tomorrow. When the poll gets posted up, I hope everyone will be as civil and supportive as possible. Remember that at the end of the day, we're all here for the exact same reason. In the meantime, go kick up your feet in another forum section, eat some pie and cake, and relax. That way we can all go into tomorrow's vote with a clear head and as stress free as possible.