Hydaelyn Role-Players
Server Selection (Prelude) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: RP Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=13)
+--- Thread: Server Selection (Prelude) (/showthread.php?tid=153)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - River - 07-10-2010

We never had much of a problem with Griefing on Leviathan either. Most people were actually curious or wanted to pitch in when we had guild events in public.

On the other hand, and I usually bring this up with my own guild-mates... using a long RP emote macroed into your abilities can get really annoying for a party. Trust me, I was guilty of it too until it was pointed out to me how annoying it was. Just something to keep in mind.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Trizzip - 07-10-2010

I decent deal of griefing went on in Quetz in XI. It was never a big deal to me, as I don't care how folks percieve me. I enjoy RP'ing and nobody is going to take that joy away from me. Plus, if it ever got too bad, I'd just '/blist' the player. Although, most RP'ers on Quetz just stuck to RP'ing only in /party chat and refused to RP in /say. Didn't bother me, although when I was out on my own, I'd still go ahead and RP in /say just to see if there would be any unknown RP'er who would get interested and join in.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Hiname - 07-11-2010

Weeeeell, currently things look like this:

Either, I am not looking well enough or the persons offered to help me are lazy, but it seems that the germans dont "have" a centered RP-Community. Kinda pitty, buuut...

I was asked if it would be possible to open up a "Non-English Sub-Forum" here on this board, with some designated persons that speak both english and [Other language XY], watching over the needs and wants of the people posting there and making sure that everything RP-Coalition related is brought over correctly.

What should I tell them?

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Mamina - 07-11-2010

I know I'm new, but I just thought that I'd offer my two cents. (:

Population-wise, I personally prefer some kind of middle ground. I like there to be bits of everything there; people who rp, people who don't, serious players, casual players and players of all nationalities. Like everyone's already said, I'd like to be able to play with people who don't rp as well. I don't think there's really a way to prevent over/under-population though, especially when you're picking a server as soon as the game opens. I guess you can go around other forums doing a sweep of what servers people plan to use for a general idea? I just say don't pick the one at the top of the list. >__> /former Alexander player.

On the subject of griefing, I think it's inevitable at some stage. It doesn't really matter what server or whether or not there's PvP, there's going to be people out there who think rpers are stupid (or, apparently, creepers trying to be something they're not, bleh). But without the PvP aspect there'll be a little less animosity, I guess. You have to put up with a bit of griefing wherever you rp, though. One of the main forums I used to use for advertising rps always got attacked by the General Discussion of that forum just for enjoying rp, and we had otherwise no contact with them. Some folks just don't like it. Undecided

As for international rpers, there are definitely people who speak other languages who rp. I don't know about MMOs specifically but for some reason there's a pretty large Swedish play-by-post rp community. xD I'm trying to find out if there are a lot of Japanese rpers atm, but I have NO idea how 'role play' translates in Japanese. .__.;

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Gavriel - 07-11-2010

Just throwing in a few copper.

I will obviously go wherever the community ends up going. I really hope that everyone feels the same way. Wherever we choose to go I hope to be part of a guild that will foster RP across the entire server and make sure that the RP community will survive in the long term.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Hiname - 07-11-2010

Success! *smiles happily*

The german RP-Community found a fresh, new home. Right here:
<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.ff-xiv.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=72">http://www.ff-xiv.eu/forum/viewforum.php?f=72</a><!-- m -->

I'll take a closer look there and see that everything important and RP-related (such as the same server and alike) will be present.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Aveline - 07-11-2010

Awesome! Definitely keep us posted. I love the idea of the RPC being an international group. ^_^

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Satrina - 07-14-2010

Quote:There was an issue where newly created characters were being distributed disproportionately to the Kefka World until Jul. 13, 19:30 (PDT). Currently new character creation on the Kefka World has been temporarily suspended.

Since most characters have been created on the Kefka World, we ask that you please delete your current character and recreate another character if you feel that the world is too congested.

After the Jul. 14 Beta Test, world selection will be available at the time of character creation.

If they are putting server selection in for the beta, i'm sure it will be there live as well.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - ArmachiA - 07-14-2010

Dude that is so true, all my characters kept landing on Kefka.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Trizzip - 07-14-2010

awww...that's too bad Sad Kefka was my fav antagonist in any FF. Although, I am a sort of FF6 fanboy, so meh....whatever Wink

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Smiling River - 07-15-2010

My friend speaks German very well, he could be the missing link between us!

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Faust - 07-17-2010

Too bad we can't seem to find out anything about the Japanese. I don't really know anyone personally who could do it-- I asked Elmer, but didn't get a response.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 07-17-2010

A question about the servers. Does anyone know if there will be different servers for US and EU, like there is in many games?
Have to make sure to get the right version, and if there is different servers, I need to order it from America.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - ArmachiA - 07-17-2010

There will be no difference in servers. In FFXI everyone around the world played on the same servers and SE is pretty adamant about keeping it like that.

Re: Server Selection (Prelude) - Kashemia - 07-17-2010

Okay, I thought so, but I was confused since there seem to be different homepages. But fantastic! Then I'll see if I can find a store with midnight open the 30th to preorder from Rolleyes