Hydaelyn Role-Players
A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST (/showthread.php?tid=15492)

Pages: 1 2 3

A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Telluride - 03-08-2016

The thaws are thawing, green things are greening, and warmth begins to reassert itself anew as the winter takes its final bows. With the first blooms of love well underway, life turns to striving and growing... and competing.

It's the season when we see our fortunes turn, and having spent a moon in thoughts of romance, we now offer another kind of kiss - one for luck!

Once again, the performers of Eorzea call upon everyone to join together for the next in our recurring series of shows:

A Show of Fortune!

[Image: 365.jpg?a=1116688608331]

When: Sunday, March 20th, 3pm EST

Where: Lifemend Stump (Central Shroud, Northeast of Jadeite Thick
)

[Image: 3579116.jpg]

Performance Roster: FINAL

Mina Rhaal and Ciciru Ciru
Quri Ayaala
Savo Kessilvang
Odette Saoirse
Chuta Allfriend
Tiroro Roro
Nebula Stardancer
Leanne Delphium
Nathan Telluride
Jancis Milburga

Join your entirely too-good-looking and always modest cohosts Nathan Telluride and Ciel Grayve in an event that binds together multiple traditions in celebrating luck, fortune, and the Springtime. We call to performers all across the community to prepare a 3-8 minute presentation - song, dance, stories, acting - for the following theme:

"Good Fortune"

[Image: shamrock-banner.jpg]

This theme is meant to blend together the recent Chinese new year, St. Patrick's Day, and the joys of Springtime into a single celebration. Good luck, fortune, wealth, being in the right place at the right time, all of these apply, so our artists will have plenty of room to offer interpretations.

[Image: 5_april.jpg]

Guidelines for Performers

- As with last month's show, this one, too, is not meant to be a burlesque performance. We're going back to our roots for an open event, out in the greens of the Shroud, so do make sure your performance is mindful of the larger community. You can still be flirty and such, though - not that we could stop some of you from that if we tried.

- We ask that each of our artists prepare only ONE performance, to allow the event to run in a timely fashion and to be fair to both veterans and new faces alike. We had a record-setting turnout last month, and we want to be sure that everyone who can meet the theme and the criteria has a fair share of time.

- For the benefit of your own fingers and our time allottance, please have your performance prepared ahead of time, either as macros (for you hardcore tinkerers) or as pre-written lines that can be pasted into dialogue.

- Because we will be in a public location again, we will be re-evaluating the use of /yell for performances; watch this space for updates.

[Image: 6567106_f260.jpg]

Notices for All Attendees

- In adherence to the themes of this event, we declare that the official colors for A Show of Fortune be Green and Gold. Wear one or combine both! Your hosts cannot be held responsible for any market fluctuations of green and gold dyes that may occur from this theme. Pinching those who do NOT wear green is at the discretion of sensible roleplayers, but we remind you that since this event is not actually being held on St. Patrick's Day, you'd be violating the holiday rules by doing so!

- During performances, as usual, we ask that audience chat that would normally go into /say, /em or /yell be kept in /party chat, and that attendees form into parties to be able to have fun and RP while still allowing others to enjoy the performances.

- We expect to have a 10-15 minute intermission at around the halfway point of the show.

- We will be offering "Fortune Cookies" for the entertainment of our guests - speak to one of our volunteers to get your fortune told by little slips of parchment within crispy treats.

[Image: 240_F_43569006_pRaJGLPokvsATCuruWVwDGzuXw3TBSmq.jpg]

At the end of our show, stick around for a few final words from your hosts, and a sneak preview of our next show.

Come out and perform, or show some love for our performers. Come meet the community, get acquainted with the many faces and voices promoting entertainer RP on the server, and most of all, help us keep this monthly tradition alive. Good luck and good fortune to you all!
[Image: 515hvXSU2KL.jpg]

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Capheira - 03-08-2016

Ping! Sign me up! ♥

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Telluride - 03-08-2016

Updated immediately for Odette's quick draw response!

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Capheira - 03-08-2016

(03-08-2016, 09:46 PM)Telluride Wrote: Updated immediately for Odette's quick draw response!

[Image: post-59013-Tombstone-youre-a-daisy-if-you-ULk1.gif]

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Warren Castille - 03-08-2016

I know of one person interested in this. Two, come to think of it.

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Mina Rhaal - 03-09-2016

And it would be great if you could put us in the first few acts due to some scheduling time restraints. Thanks!

[Image: tumblr_o3aim5bZNt1ugmh9jo1_1280.jpg]

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Telluride - 03-09-2016

(03-09-2016, 03:50 PM)Mina Rhaal Wrote: Sign up Mina and Cici!

And it would be great if you could put us in the first few acts due to some scheduling time restraints. Thanks!

Done and updated!

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Savo - 03-09-2016

Submits her entry.  

[Image: fishb.jpg]

(03-09-2016, 04:35 PM)Savo Wrote: Submits her entry.  

Approved, welcomed and updated.

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Marcy - 03-09-2016

Only if I can dress Marcy up as a Leprechaun.

(Sign me up!)

(03-09-2016, 05:09 PM)Marcy Wrote: Only if I can dress Marcy up as a Leprechaun.

(Sign me up!)

Since that fits the theme, you certainly can, but your hosts deny all responsibility if you get pinched, chased, captured or hustled for gold.

Updated and added!

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Rosamund - 03-09-2016

Quri Ayaala will be there again!

(03-09-2016, 05:41 PM)Inarah Wrote: Quri Ayaala will be there again!

Then let the roster reflect it - updated.

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Kasumi Gakunin - 03-10-2016

Looks interesting. Sign me up!

RE: A Show of Fortune! March 20, 3pm EST - Nebbs - 03-10-2016

The weaver of the threads has directed her servant to this gathering.

So Nebula will perform... Though my crystal ball says it may be more an audience participation thing if I can pull it off.

Oh and if you need fortune cookies I still have the hundreds I did for a previous event.