Hydaelyn Role-Players
[Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Roleplay Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=20)
+---- Forum: Chronicled Events (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=52)
+---- Thread: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups (/showthread.php?tid=15500)

[Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 03-09-2016

[Image: xXVgIkf.png]

In corrupt Thanalan, a shady crime lord races to acquire the valuable and mysterious cosa of Sil'dih, unaware that a double-crossing hireling has sold the secret of the thing to anyone willing to pay.

"Das Loot" is a large scale underworld-based story arc presented by Nymeia's Web. This arc will include both large scale events, designed to drive the story forward, as well as periods where the story will develop organically based on the actions of smaller groups of players.

Major events will occur every several weeks, with the first one happening Saturday night, March 26th, at 7PM Pacific. I realize this will conflict with Grindstone, but I wanted to pick a time that most people would have available to play.

Minor events will take place more organically, and involve NPCs interacting with individuals, or small groups. By their nature, no one will be involved in all of these. My desire is to have these minor events give everyone more control over how they want to impact the story without having to wait for a major event.

The Hooks:
Das Loot is an underworld-centered arc focusing on several factions attempting to acquire the cosa of Sil'dih, a valuable piece of loot. Thieves and criminal organizations could be trying to steal the cosa, or they might work for the crime lord who bought the thing. Law enforcement players might be trying to investigate the item, or to stop the crime lord from acquiring it. Mercenaries could easily be participating as hirelings of one of the factions trying to get the cosa.

The Themes:
Das Loot is a low magic arc, with a focus on gritty, underworld roleplay. Criminals, dark roleplay, RP noire are all common in this arc.

Note: This arc uses a simplified variant of the Fate-14 system called F-5, and anyone participating in one of the GM'd events will need to have (eventually) an F-5 character sheet. If you've already got a Fate-14 sheet, you're 95% of the way towards having an F-5 sheet. F-5 lets you generate your character as you go, so feel free to show up even if you don't have one. The F-5 system is detailed here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1zgXrOCuv9-1C7x-N3qNdYynxcpkt6DYaoATK1pCiohU/edit#heading=h.3egc8ywmdimr

I've set up a Discord server for this arc, with a bot for handling (among other things) dice rolls for the RP: https://discord.gg/0sSzI3gisMk9vXwQ

While signing up will let me tailor the major events to the number of people, everyone is welcome to participate.

*Moderator notice: As thread will no longer be maintained it has been chronicled. Please refer to the latest post for instructions on how to join the future of this event. 

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 03-10-2016

Event 1 - The Drop (Saturday March 26, 7PM Pacific)
[Action]

The cosa has been found, and the crime lord has arranged to purchase it. Money will be exchanged for the item in an out-of-the-way location, providing an excellent opportunity for people to crash their party and try to acquire the cosa for themselves.

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - Coda - 03-10-2016

If I didn't work weekends I'd so be down for this. Sad 
Wander would be perfect for this.

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 03-10-2016

The major events will migrate around the calendar, to enable everyone who wants to participate in some of them. In any case, there's plenty to do without even attending any of the major events!

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - Kehda Relanah - 03-12-2016

Sounds fun!

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - Aya - 03-14-2016

A flicker of light told of the match-strike.  The freshly lit pipe failed to add much to the already thick atmosphere of the basement lounge.  Several figures sat huddled around a wooden table in the dim light, the entire area strewn with the untidiness of their rough trade.

"So what are you suggesting?" came the voice of one of the dimly-lit figures.  His voice was raspy, like the press of Thanalan sand.  

"If ye'd listen," replied the energetic brogue of the man who had just lit his pipe.  "What I been suggestin' is that..."

His voice was cut off by one with the telltale calm of authority.  Rich, experienced.

"...that we recover it first.  Or at our earliest convenience."

The sinewy pipe-wielder nodded, waving the lit pipe about a bit, as if to suggest the boss had the gist of it.

"Bohanon," said the boss with a single hearty laugh, "You ain't half as dumb as you seem."

The table erupted in laughter at the pipe-wielder's expense.  He himself joined in with a self-deprecating smirk.

"Well, boss.  The pickin's been awfully slim as late."

The boss nodded into folded fingers, resting his elbows on the table.  "Tell me what you find out."

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 03-14-2016

Here's a link for the Discord site I set up for the arc. All the OOC chatter for the events will be happening there, as well as dice-rolling and OOC talk about the arc in general.

https://discord.gg/0sSzI3gisMk9vXwQ

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - JudicialHunter - 03-14-2016

Oooh, this sounds very interesting! I might be able to make it, depending on my work schedule!

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - Leggerless - 03-18-2016

Looks fancy.

Also bump. I guess.

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 03-22-2016

Just a reminder that this saturday at 7pm Pacific we're playing out Das Loot episode 1, The Drop. Sign up here or on our Discord server.

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 03-28-2016

Big thanks to Aya Foxheart, Kel'ari Dotharl, Libitina Rosavuoto, Lieri Saionji, and Zazanther Rerenther for a fun start to this arc!

Episode 1 has concluded: Four parties have paid Babajon Jajajon's personal assistant for details of where the loot drop was taking place. Four parties arrived to steal it for themselves, setting off a running battle that ended with one taking possession of the loot and escaping. Each of the other three are left with a sense of loss, a mutual distrust, and one piece of the puzzle that could take them to the thief and the loot.

I've set up an IC thread for this here.

RE: [Periodic] Das Loot OOC info and sign ups - C'kayah Polaali - 05-21-2016

Das Loot continues, but this thread will no longer be maintained. Please keep an eye out in game if you're interested in participating.