Hydaelyn Role-Players
Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Artisan House (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=11)
+--- Thread: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop (/showthread.php?tid=1567)

Pages: 1 2

Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Merri - 01-18-2013

Okay.

I'm really bad at photoshop. But, I like to try and manipulate screenshots to make them more interesting. Still in the process of developing my own style, and still learning photoshop in general.

I also have a Deviantart thing because I can.
My Deviantart

Old stupid Hyurdemerrin
Show Content

Coerthas!
Show Content

Rain~
Show Content

Final Fantasy XIV © 2010 - 2013 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved

Re: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Mtoto Wamoto - 01-18-2013

Dude, these are awesome. Keep at it!

Re: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Moltove - 01-18-2013

vurry nice! What tutorials are you using?

Re: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - NKato - 01-18-2013

Keep it up. I want to see more. Big Grin

Re: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Merri - 01-18-2013

Moltove Wrote:vurry nice! What tutorials are you using?

Not really any, to be honest. Used some random one to an extent for the swirl on the Paladin screenshot. Other than that, it's more or less been just playing with all of the tools until I find something that I like, with the occasional hint or some help from Xenedra, Mtoto, or whatever other photoshop savvy person is in mumble with me at the time.

Re: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Moltove - 01-18-2013

well, keep up the good work! Been meaning to dabble, myself...

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Merri - 02-03-2013

Updated the main post with two new works in progress.   o7

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Knave - 02-03-2013

Have I told you lately that I'm envious and hate you? Cause I do.

Keep up the good work, Merri~! Do more pieces with leather armor, those come out lookin' fantastic.

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Merri - 02-04-2013

Thank you very much. I appreciate the encouragement~
Updated the main post with a few pieces. Removed the old ones because they were just bad.

Only going to update the main post every now and again with certain images. More will be uploaded to my Deviantart, though.

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Abaigeal - 02-04-2013

*clicks on Deviantart link...starts stalking....* Angel

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Merri - 02-05-2013

I'll add you to the list, then. Today I had some random guy on the lodestone forums tell me what an attractive Midlander I have, and that they plan on stalking me on Balmung~

Please help me.

Sooooo I decided to try out some new techniques and tools, and found a new style that clicked pretty well with me. Gave me that sort of soft, smooth feel I was aiming at.

Took the Rivenroad piece, because I really liked that one, and prettied it up some by painting~
Show Content

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Merri - 07-09-2013

Woo. Something new. Abaigeal was so kind as to lend me a tablet she found laying around our townhouse "collecting dust", so I decided to mess around with it earlier tonight and threw this together. I'd planned on spending more time on it, but I got bored so it ended up just being a quicky. Removed some pixelation, smoothed it out, added some minor shading and lastly some highlights to the pauldrons and the rocks. Also blur. That's about it.

Using a tablet is weird.

Figure I'll start to get back into the swing of things and see if I can't improve some more over the coming months since NDA on screenshots is finally lifted.

[Image: Q34bAey.png]

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Abaigeal - 07-09-2013

♥it turned out awesome! Tablets are weird at first they take time to get used to.Also what's with the "collecting dust" bit!! I wasn't lying to you. =3=

anyhow...yes!!! Turned out super amazing!!

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Kari Illderthane - 07-09-2013

Oooo I like them cant wait to see more!

RE: Endemerrin's (terrible) adventures in photoshop - Kassandra Dawn - 07-09-2013

Tablets do take time to get used to. Practice practice!