Hydaelyn Role-Players
Siobhain - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Player Directory (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=19)
+--- Thread: Siobhain (/showthread.php?tid=1570)

Siobhain - Sigyn Shieldbreaker - 01-18-2013

I. Basic Info

• Characters: Siobhain Surtsthalwyn
  • Primary character: (No alts intended.)
  • Linkshells: The Grindstone
  • Primary RP linkshell: See above ^

II. RP Style

• Amount of RP (light, medium, heavy):

Medium-Heavy. From my perspective, everything I'll be doing will be to the benefit of my roleplaying experience, including leveling, crafting, and PVE'ing. That being said, any time I dedicate to that might detract from my overall roleplaying time at first, but once the majority of the 'work' is finished, I'll be focusing all my time into maintenance and social roleplay.

• Views on RP combat and injuries:

I accept combat, duels, etc. I used to dislike text-based combat, even with friends of mine, as it generally takes a very long time and many individuals (including myself) tend to subconsciously resort to self-preservation, no matter what outcome was decided before the duel. I find that I enjoy it now. Enough, at least, to start an LS about it.

I consider combat a real aspect of the game when the environment is perceived as a world and just like in reality, such bouts should have circumstances and sometimes less than favorable repercussions. Because of that and my general choice of character personalities (neutral/good), I won't openly -look- for random fights but will be inclined to accept if challenged.

As far as wounds and maiming goes, if my character become wounded, I will accept those wounds for the length of the duel, seek healing afterwards, and likely obtain scars in the process. Losing an eye or an ear chunk is merely a hazard of battle and I would accept such wounds if they are achieved, bearing in mind that anyone in that world with those dangers would likely take precautions (i.e. a helmet). I will also accept loss of limbs-- however, I feel inclined to mention that if such a predicament were to arise where a limb would be lost, I would expect it would be after my character is prone and vulnerable following the duel itself.

Death is an iffy-subject in this game. I've read that the general opinion of FFXIV players is that, since you 'faint' in the game rather than 'die', that fainting would be the result of losing a duel. Though realistically, I don't see how that will prevent a death strike, I will follow that general belief and assume my character is fainted and a death strike won't be accepted unless expressly discussed OOCly before or after the fight.

To summarize:

Duels: Text based or /roll
    Wounds/Permanent damage: Yes
    Fainting: Yes
    Death: Circumstantial

• Views on IC romance:
    When handled maturely romantic relationships can add a lot of flavor to the delicious meal which is roleplay. That said, I am open to the idea of romantic relationships.

• Views on non-romantic RP (family ties, etc):
    Love it. Got Klarimel from this~ <33

• Views on lore:
    I do my best to delve deeply into the lore of any series I intend to roleplay in or about. While I strive to learn all that I can and continue to learn about the nuances of the world and peoples that will concern my character, I know that I sometimes miss chunks of important story line and am usually happy to have such things brought to my attention (as quickly as possible so I dun look like a huuuuge newb-cake. Q_Q).

FFXIV's lore is daunting both because it is widely spaced across set periods of time (which all even have a different names (eras? moons? suns?) and unlike in the real world, the big events don't have anything for me to relate to remember the chronological order of things.

Lore is 100% important and I'll do what I can to stay within it.

III. Other Info

Florida, USA

• Timezone:
      Eastern Standard Time

• Contact info:
      PMs are definitely best. I check this site far too many times a day, but check my emails once every five months or so.