Hydaelyn Role-Players
Looking at transferring - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: RPC (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=25)
+--- Forum: Welcome Desk (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: Looking at transferring (/showthread.php?tid=15925)

Looking at transferring - Miax - 04-21-2016

o/ Hello friends to be! I'm thinking about a server transfer to Balmung. I've been wanting to get into RP within the FFXIV community for awhile, but the scene on my current server is non-existent. With my static just disbanding this seems like as good a time as any. 

I was hoping to perhaps have a few questions answered before I transfer though, since creating a character to ask in-game questions or get a feel is far more difficult.

-Is the RP community easy to get into for newer or inexperienced people? I've done a lot of forum-based RPs in the past, but I've never had a toon to physically manipulate or emote so I would like be a little awkward at first.

-I know RP abundant, but how well if content handled? Is it easy to PUG? I've been raiding for a long time, and while I may not jump into a static I would like to at least be able to PUG things without it being a trip to the dentist.

-State of content sales? Not a huge deal, but I've made most of my gil from selling content. I can get by with stocking up on stuff to re-sell after a transfer, but if content sales are an option that would be amazing.

-Is there a stranglehold on crafting for the MB? I've seen a few servers where it's nearly impossible to make anything off the MB as a crafter, again not a deal breaker or a huge deal but something that I would like to know in advance.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, those are the biggies. I appreciate any help! ^.^

RE: Looking at transferring - Silinat - 04-21-2016

Hello!

I will let others answer the questions about content and the market as I don't feel qualified but I can give you my two cents about rp.

RP is prevalent and you can find it in most public hubs. In my experience you can get a lot of one off casual encounters just by hanging around the venues but if you are looking for long term rp partners the best bet is through the RPC. Most people seem patient and accommodating, especially if they know you are new to RPing/the system so don't be afraid to send them a tell and let them know. 

If you do decide to come over feel free to send me a pm to set up some RP! I am happy to help you practice. Smile

RE: Looking at transferring - Nebbs - 04-21-2016

-Is the RP community easy to get into for newer or inexperienced people? I've done a lot of forum-based RPs in the past, but I've never had a toon to physically manipulate or emote so I would like be a little awkward at first.

Yes, and groups will help. There is something for most people if you put some effort in.

-I know RP abundant, but how well if content handled? Is it easy to PUG? I've been raiding for a long time, and while I may not jump into a static I would like to at least be able to PUG things without it being a trip to the dentist.

Plenty of folks, the server is full. If you join the queue then Tank is instant, healer wait a few seconds, dps .. go make a drink. At peak times it's fine.

-State of content sales? Not a huge deal, but I've made most of my gil from selling content. I can get by with stocking up on stuff to re-sell after a transfer, but if content sales are an option that would be amazing.

Market board is active most things are for sale and money can be made and things can be bought.

-Is there a stranglehold on crafting for the MB? I've seen a few servers where it's nearly impossible to make anything off the MB as a crafter, again not a deal breaker or a huge deal but something that I would like to know in advance.

Yes you can make gil from crafting, even from providing basic mats or HQing mats.

I can't think of anything else off the top of my head, those are the biggies. I appreciate any help! ^.^

How about, there are no free houses and people have to pay someone to relinquish a plot. Many hope for some change when more housing comes on line.

RE: Looking at transferring - Kage - 04-21-2016

(04-21-2016, 05:13 PM)Miax Wrote: -State of content sales? Not a huge deal, but I've made most of my gil from selling content. I can get by with stocking up on stuff to re-sell after a transfer, but if content sales are an option that would be amazing.
Should be ok. I know of people who sell Thordan and Sephirot EX runs. Same who do Lanner runs too. I don't know the prices though. As far as I know, people aren't quite selling Midas Savage runs. One or two weeks ago I think no one has downed A8S but I'd have to check again.