Hydaelyn Role-Players
Order of Ouroboros - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Resources (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=17)
+--- Forum: Linkshell Hall (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+---- Forum: Chronicles (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=26)
+---- Thread: Order of Ouroboros (/showthread.php?tid=15954)

Pages: 1 2

Order of Ouroboros - Oyuu - 04-30-2016

The Order of Ouroboros began as a secret society of mages. Forced at first to operate underground by the social climate, their meetings took place beneath the cloak of night, behind locked doors. As generations passed, and memory of the Great Flood faded, the Order became bolder, but never stepped fully from the shadows. They exist today as a whisper uttered only under moonlight. Their hand is invisible, but ever-present. Wherever magic is abused, or promising mages require guidance, the agents of Ouroboros travel. And in this age of Primals and war, their presence is needed.

Modern Incarnation
Today the Ouroboros exist as a secret society. Each of its members carries an enchanted item, of which no two are alike. These magical trinkets function like linkpearls, allowing the owner to communicate with the greater network of associates.

With the use of primal and other esoteric magicks, becoming more widespread in recent times, the purview of Ouroboros has expanded beyond simply safeguarding magic. They now hunt and destroy unstable elements, investigate mysterious happenings of a magical nature, and secure assets that might serve to facilitate the group’s goals.

The Aims of Ouroboros
  • Hunt and destroy/secure unstable elements, i.e. forbidden magic not safe in anyone’s hands etc. 
  • Handle disturbances or instances of strange magical happenings i.e. voidsent, taint, trouble using magicks etc. 
  • Aid and nurture mages’ growth, to become responsible but ambitious and driven in their studies of the arcane arts
  • Protect old and discover new knowledge regarding the magicks and disciplines of magic, uncovering hidden history and experimenting with new styles and arcane arts
  • Provide a network for mages across Eorzea in the form of the secret society to communicate and connect 
Interested in Joining? 
We are currently closed for recruitment, but usually submitting an application on our website to start the process of joining us! Please check in with us to see when we are open again.

RE: Order of Ouroboros - Oyuu - 04-30-2016

Order of Ouroboros now have a new meeting place. Using their enchanted items, members of the Order will be granted access to our leader's home. Located in the Goblet, Ward 10, Plot 12, the house is filled with delights for mages. Places to quietly read and research and meet fellow-minded casters. We're not open to the public in character, but feel free to have a quick OOC snoop around if you're in the area!

[Image: 6X3K2XR.jpg]

[Image: yvp75Fe.jpg]

[Image: v1Pln7C.jpg]

[Image: TYRX0QP.jpg]

[Image: A7xFRod.jpg]

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 06-12-2016

Hi folks! Now that our FC house is decorated, we can finally crack down and get to some good ol' roleplay. We have a few plotlines on the go, so if you're interested in getting involved, feel free to contact me or visit our website!

[Image: 6kjjr0e.jpg]

[Image: l4KTvqn.jpg]

As you can see, we're all very busy discussing things... mage things. It's all very interesting, I assure you. Definitely not about whether a bear or a shark would win in a fight.

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - CrimsonMars - 06-16-2016

I'd be happy to have my Xanadu join. Tongue

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 04:19 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: I'd be happy to have my Xanadu join. Tongue

I think someone's been in touch and now we just need to organise an interview/IC introduction to get Xanadu in! Thanks so much for the interest, look forward to RPing with you soon. Smile

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Parth Makeo - 06-16-2016

I wish i could have Quint join but she is kind of tied down to her FC atm (plus i can't stand grinding in the game Sad)
I still wish i could be apart through LS and IC reason at the least.

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 05:17 PM)Parth Makeo Wrote: I wish i could have Quint join but she is kind of tied down to her FC atm (plus i can't stand grinding in the game Sad)

Oh but you can! Joining the FC is not a mandatory thing, it'd be nice, sure and you get a nice easy teleport to our house, but being a member of the linkshell you have all the same priviledges and access to roleplay. The secret society is based on using the linkshell to communicate so, yeah, being just a LS member is totally fine. If finding time to roleplay along with your FC activities is difficult, then I understand. Thanks for the reply!

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Parth Makeo - 06-16-2016

(06-16-2016, 05:34 PM)Oyuu Wrote:
(06-16-2016, 05:17 PM)Parth Makeo Wrote: I wish i could have Quint join but she is kind of tied down to her FC atm (plus i can't stand grinding in the game Sad)

Oh but you can! Joining the FC is not a mandatory thing, it'd be nice, sure and you get a nice easy teleport to our house, but being a member of the linkshell you have all the same priviledges and access to roleplay. The secret society is based on using the linkshell to communicate so, yeah, being just a LS member is totally fine. If finding time to roleplay along with your FC activities is difficult, then I understand. Thanks for the reply!
thanks. ill try to plan someway for her to get in contact or through Xanadu above (aka her student Tongue)

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 07-01-2016

A lots been going on within the Order of Ouroboros, a bunch of new faces have joined our ranks and we've settled into our new headquarters comfortably. It's a good thing we have been recruiting, as there has been a lot of work for us to do already, including but not limited to fighting a Morbol after stealing its flower, hiring a thief to track down a valuable weapon, and trying to exorcise a demon horse. 

[Image: AqUa3fR.jpg]

[Image: F0AdpLi.jpg]

Want to help us help Eorzea from the gripes of irresponsible magic and voidsent? We're still recruiting, so head on over to our site or PM me about joining our cause.

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 07-01-2016

Order of Ouroboros managed to conclude one of their missions that they have slowly been working on for the past couple of Moons. Who knew stealing artefacts could be so hard? Luckily most of the crew got out unscathed, although there was a little vomit and a few punches taken to the face.

[Image: ffxiv_dx11_2016-07-03_22-27-54.png]

[Image: ffxiv_03072016_220025.png]

[Image: ffxiv_03072016_225526.png]

[Image: ffxiv_dx11_2016-07-04_01-05-53.png]

[Image: ffxiv_dx11_2016-07-04_01-10-31.png]

Thank you to everyone for putting up with my DMing, everyone seemed to be having fun anyways. Tongue We have plenty events up our sleeves for the upcoming future, so keep tuned. If you're interested in taking part in our roleplay events, please don't hesitate to get in touch with me through the forums or in game (Oyuu Dataq)!

And thanks to Suen and Haydn'to for the screens! <333

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Xerintha - 07-14-2016

I have just started playing again after a long absence. I haven't worked out the details about my character yet but one thing I do know is that she is fascinated by magic of all sorts. She's a Xaela Au Ra named Jaydhe Tokar. I've not RPd in forever but I have a LOT of experience with it. I miss it and would love to get involved again.

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 07-15-2016

(07-14-2016, 09:00 PM)Xerintha Wrote: I have just started playing again after a long absence. I haven't worked out the details about my character yet but one thing I do know is that she is fascinated by magic of all sorts. She's a Xaela Au Ra named Jaydhe Tokar. I've not RPd in forever but I have a LOT of experience with it. I miss it and would love to get involved again.

Hi there! Thanks for the interest. We're always willing to take on a returning/new player. I want to get to your know your character a bit better so we can plan for an IC meet-up, so I'll shoot a PM your way.

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 08-06-2016

Yo! The Order of Ouroboros has been up to its usual antics, doing... magical shizzle whizzle to put it simply. The most recent event involved the crew heading to Coerthas Central Highlands to collect water. It might not sound the most exciting, but for one of our members' studies it is crucial and we offered to help. Splitting off into pairs, we trekked around the Coerthas wilds and searched for water. 

[Image: vgcZyeL.jpg]

[Image: DigZo4t.jpg]

[Image: KN9nnPk.jpg]

[Image: xW1Vp60.jpg]

[Image: o4CfMBb.jpg]

Turns out, collecting running water in a frozen place is quite difficult, but we managed to collect six samples for our friend. Mission successful, we went back to our home in the Goblet to have a drink and heal our frostbitten toes. 

Want to help us collect water? And maybe collect much more exciting things? Head over to our website, where you can drop us an application and check for events and updates in the linkshell/free company! Until next time~

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 09-02-2016

In recent events, the Order of Ouroboros were investigating reports of mages acting suspiciously, rumours of them using the illegal art of the Black to summon voidsent and drain aether from Hydaelyn. The Order rushed to put a stop to this, ready to teach the possibly misguided mages or at worst, put them down. Recruiting Ruran Vas into their ranks and gaining the help of two Malqir Xaela, the group was able to track them down and solve the issue rather successfully and with little bloodshed, surprisingly!

[Image: DDK73J7.jpg]

[Image: q1vKdT8.jpg]

[Image: f3Il9ra.jpg]

Special thanks to Spirit of Algadei (Qunbish and Yunegen!) for getting involved with the roleplay event! It really added to the story establishment and you two were just great sports. 

We love collaborating with fellow RP-FCs, so if you would like to organise a plot/event together, please don't hesitate to get in touch. Recruitment is still open for those interested in the linkshell and FC! Drop me a message here and the forums or in game at Oyuu Dataq and I will get back to you. For now, ta-ra!

RE: Order of Ouroboros [EU/NA] - Oyuu - 10-03-2016

Howdy folks! It's October already, time flies by so fast. Thought I would update this thread with a bit of news concerning our ongoing plots and share some pictures! 

Our regular meet-ups every Sunday always bring a few new faces as well as our regulars, and we always end up arguing discussing about some silly nonsense intriguing goings on in Eorzea. The Order organised a plan to summon a voidsent, got grossed out by news of a certain 'green rot', argued about Tak stealing something... again and put together a trial of their arcane abilities!

[Image: SgwawoN.jpg]

[Image: mZK9XJv.png]

[Image: lXeElHo.png]

[Image: VXkNzsV.png]

Look at our beautiful members faces... before they distort into a frown when someone makes a lewd joke or suggests murder as the first option when facing a new problem. 

[Image: mqKQimg.jpg]

The Order is always looking for new members to join, so if you're interested in finding a cure to gross and mystery illnesses or hunting down voidsent and crazy mages, perhaps you should take a look at our website and maybe even submit an application! Both the linkshell and free company are open, feel free to message me here on the forums or contact me in game for more information. Thanks for reading, until next time!Â