Hydaelyn Role-Players
Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) (/showthread.php?tid=15972)

Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Lutra - 04-26-2016

Hello FFXIV roleplayers!

I just wanted to put this out there: my Xaela man, The Wasp, is an IC Bounty Hunter and/or assassin for hire to any sort of groups. Lawful types, unsavoury types-- whoever pays the best, he is ready and willing to earn that sweet gil/loot.

[Image: tumblr_inline_o69u42Q7QA1qjtcsc_540.png]

Given that he is not my main character and I am not as paranoid about what happens to him story-wise, The Wasp is free for any sort of typical consequences a man of his profession would acquire over time. I am fine with him being shot, stabbed, incarcerated (temporarily at least) or being generally hated/despised for his actions. All that I ask is that he is not killed. At least, not yet! ;P

I know that asshole/greedy characters like this often have a hard time with maintaining an RP presence in FCs and social groups, which can lead to stress on an OOC level. But I am actually excited to be a scapegoat! It will be a nice change from my sarcastic, but essentially big ol’ “do-gooder” main character, Rhesh’ir.

Specialties:
  • Guns/Ammunition
  • Allagan/Garlean Technology
  • Explosives
  • Some Airship Types
Weaknesses:
  • Magick/Aether
  • Close Melee
  • Exceptional Strength
  • Difficult Words (He does not speak common Eorzean well, so idioms and extremely intelligent conversations go right over his head, unless they are in native Xaela-Tribe languages.)
If you have any questions or if you’re interested in involving The Wasp in any of your plots in a small or big way, give me a shout here on the RPC! Or you can contact me in game anytime. If I am not on The Wasp, try Rhesh’ir Zhwan, Trisselle Rondelet, or Papaya Paya. Thanks, and looking forward to RPing with you! :)

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Thrashing Boar - 04-26-2016

I wonder, hm...

Your character gives me an idea for an RP, heh.

I play a Roegadyn that's basically a cowboy, and as such he's not opposed to bounty hunting for the coin if he truly needs it. As a big fan of westerns I'm often on the lookout for characters that could fit into classic plots from those movies.

What do you think of an RP where the two of them come together to track and kill a group of murderers, dangerous men all. It'd be interesting if we added a third as well, but that's up to you. It'd be an old west style bounty hunt; tracking men by their trails, inquiring at saloons, yada yada. What do you think?

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Lutra - 04-26-2016

I'm down! The language barrier might be a fun obstacle to overcome. XD So long as the money is good, Wasp will do anything. :)

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Valence - 04-27-2016

I like the idea. Not totally sure what kind of hook you would be looking for but I suppose that potentially magitek/tech stuff could happen with my character someday, even if she isn't really looking to hire anyone.. Well any way, she can fix stuff and all (somewhat randomly).

Also while i'm at it, a cowboy roe sounds fun too!

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Cato - 04-27-2016

I'll try and catch you in-game assuming you'd be interested in being hired to assassinate some problematic Ala Mhigans responsible for the murder of innocent Garleans! Not player characters, mind you, just NPC's...but it could potentially be a lot of fun to have our characters head off together on an adventure.

...and I'm gunning to explore the ruthless, vengeful side of my character too!

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Lutra - 04-27-2016

@Valence - If your char needs something done, he can be anywhere potentially. :3 I am more offering his services to people's IC needs rather than trying to create hooks for myself, so don't feel too pressured. :D

@Graeham - Sounds great! Please poke me. :3 I do events with my FC on Tuesday and Thursday nights, but most other days/nights are pretty open unless I have a standing obligation.

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - JudicialHunter - 04-27-2016

Hiya, I'm interested in some RP!

Please check out my wikis below and tell me if you're interested. I think Adelaide would be the best fit for a more 'evil' type character, but it's all up to you in the end!

Shoot me a PM if you're interested! ^^

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - desmond28 - 04-27-2016

Oh, it's you! Big Grin

I'm thinking there could be some very fun off the books type contracts Paul could send to Wasp. I think we could cook something nice. Now if I can only get in game or Discord long enough to make it happen... >.<

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Lutra - 04-27-2016

@JudicialHunter - I will do that! Thanks for the interest. :)

@Desmond - Haaaay~ :3 You can poke me in Discord, you goober! <3 Anytime. :P

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Lutra - 04-29-2016

Yesterday I went through and tried to friend the folks that had piped up on this thread. A few of you weren't online, so I will try to catch ya soon! If you happen to see me running around, feel free to shoot over a friend request or /tell! 

And, also, I am still very open to more contacts and future RP partners, so don't be shy! ;D

RE: Bounty Hunter for Hire! (or Blame~) - Thrashing Boar - 05-01-2016

(04-27-2016, 07:47 AM)Valence Wrote: I like the idea. Not totally sure what kind of hook you would be looking for but I suppose that potentially magitek/tech stuff could happen with my character someday, even if she isn't really looking to hire anyone.. Well any way, she can fix stuff and all (somewhat randomly).

Also while i'm at it, a cowboy roe sounds fun too!

He's pretty neat if I do say so. Hit me up in game sometime if you'd like! Name's the same as the forum handle!