Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Warren Castille - 06-07-2016

We knew housing would get sucked up right away. Individual odds were always infinitesimal. Between the limited number, the anticipated server crush and the amount of people looking, having hope is tantamount to wishing really hard. It was always going to be like this.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Parvacake - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 10:31 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: We knew housing would get sucked up right away. Individual odds were always infinitesimal. Between the limited number, the anticipated server crush and the amount of people looking, having hope is tantamount to wishing really hard. It was always going to be like this.
Pretty much. Fiance and I were just talking about it on my way to work: people wanted neighborhoods. They got their neighborhoods. They just never imagined the price everyone else would pay for it.

Congratz to those who got housing!

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Skae - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 10:26 AM)Nebbs Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 08:21 AM)Skae Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 06:52 AM)Nebbs Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 06:42 AM)FallenFedora Wrote: So in just a little over twenty minutes, everything is gone. Everything. Some folks even have multiples - watch the markets, because I'm pretty sure we can expect a few to go up for twice the initial price. I almost feel kinda bad for everyone that stayed up well into the night with hands in prayer and blood pressure through the roof just to come up empty.  

GG. 

But it's not like any of you didn't already know that was gonna happen, right?

And with that I am likely leaving the game. This is so broken it is untrue.

Over 80% of the new housing taken by individuals.

Not much of a surprise there.  There are, after all, a lot more indivduals than Free Companies in the game - and most of them would want a house.

End result of this update:  A few more people and FCs got a house than before, but nowhere near everyone who wanted one. I doubt anyone with half a brain truely expected anything else.

Those who have some hope may have expected there to be enough for a chance for something. Sadly greed of players, and SE's intents to create this housing market leave me disheartened.

I can find this stuff in RL, I don't need to pay to be subjected to it in a game.

While one can always hope, in this case there was never any real hope. Not even a fool's hope.
As soon as they revealed how many new houses would be added it was clear that it would not be enough. Not anywhere close to enough.

Apparently there have been some people who have bought multiple houses with the intent to sell them and make lots of money. That is bad, but unfortunately not unexpected - that some people are greedy is pretty much a given.
But even without those people the amount of available housing would not have been enough.

Most players would likely want to have a house of their own (especially on an RP server like Balmung). Same for Free Companies. Now count the number of players and FCs. Compare to the total number of houses.
Realize that SE would need to add many, many more wards to avoid housing shortages.

For this patch several hundred new houses were added. It would likely have needed to be several thousand.

Screenshot stolen from BG.

[Image: a988e906a47e395e445c2e1a4b894800.png]

(06-07-2016, 12:15 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Screenshot stolen from BG.

I have a medium personal and my FC, though they wanted a mansion or medium, managed to snag a small after a year and a half.

Even with all of that, seeing shit like this still makes my blood boil.

(06-07-2016, 12:31 PM)Lililove Wrote:

I have a medium personal and my FC, though they wanted a mansion or medium, managed to snag a small after a year and a half.

No no, look closer. His location, specifically.

Show Content

(06-07-2016, 12:38 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:

Show Content
....Is it bad I didn't know until just now there was a GM jail?

(06-07-2016, 12:42 PM)Lililove Wrote:

Show Content

Nope. It's a cozy place, though. They used the same one in FFXI.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kibu - 06-07-2016

I'm trying really hard to not be bummed out about the whole housing thing, but it's difficult. I had a friend in the rumble who's been wanting a house for a long time but wasn't able to grab anything by the time they got through the login queue.

It's too bad they can't make player housing more proportionate to the server population. I understand having a smaller number of plots on servers that aren't very full, but with a server like Balmung it just seems kind of silly to have it so massively restricted. But I'm not a programmer (not even slightly) and I know nothing of the back-end processes. Just a bummed out player who will just have to keep waiting for the opportunity to have a room in a house in the lav beds.

Huge congrats to those who got the houses they wanted! The odds were in your favor!

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kage - 06-07-2016

Saw the uncensored pic on tumblr and I know exactly the type of player. He's the type to shout spam a bit to get people riled up so I'm not surprised he's in PF to get people riled up (and reported for it)

Washing machine dolphin jumps towards Titan Extreme pre-2.2 comes to mind...

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kodie - 06-07-2016

Yeah I got no issues with anyone getting a house, glad they did. I'm just bummed I stayed up all night and nothing to show for it.

Well I wouldn't say nothing, at least Korben's wife got a house.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gegenji - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 01:52 PM)Kodie Wrote: Yeah I got no issues with anyone getting a house, glad they did. I'm just bummed I stayed up all night and nothing to show for it.

That's a heavy part of my frustration. Plus the login errors that, in my mind, put me even further back in the queue. So, in a roundabout way, I feel like FFXIV itself got in my way and kept me from even having a chance. If I had gotten in on the first login and still had not made it in time, then I probably would've been less upset. But having four errors that forced me to relaunch the game and attempt to login again... I attribute that to ending up on the end of a four digit queue and ending up finally getting in nearly five minutes after everything was already gone.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Nebbs - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 05:31 PM)Gegenji Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 01:52 PM)Kodie Wrote: Yeah I got no issues with anyone getting a house, glad they did. I'm just bummed I stayed up all night and nothing to show for it.

That's a heavy part of my frustration. Plus the login errors that, in my mind, put me even further back in the queue. So, in a roundabout way, I feel like FFXIV itself got in my way and kept me from even having a chance. If I had gotten in on the first login and still had not made it in time, then I probably would've been less upset. But having four errors that forced me to relaunch the game and attempt to login again... I attribute that to ending up on the end of a four digit queue and ending up finally getting in nearly five minutes after everything was already gone.

Yes this ^ , ah well, some nice people are letting us move into their FC with a  big house. At least my FC fellows will have a home.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Enla - 06-07-2016

I'm happy to hear my friend's FC got what they were looking for, but I'm really just disappointed all around with how this was handled. Then again until PS3 support is dropped - as I remember reading that that was the major thing that was holding them back on several features, from Au Ra customization to even housing - I don't think things will be much better. I also expect a repeat of this whole fiasco during 3.4 when Ishgardian housing drops.
All in all, I'm just praying that apartments aren't just a redux of the room system and that we can actually buy larger amounts of space depending upon how much money we're willing to drop. I don't care about having a front yard, I just want more room to build what I want to build. (And since apartments seem instanced and open to all it'd be a PROPER gil sink if they added tiers to it to help flush gil out of the economy.)

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Fox - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 12:52 PM)Warren Castille Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 12:42 PM)Lililove Wrote:

Show Content

Nope. It's a cozy place, though. They used the same one in FFXI.

So I looked it up because I was still confused on what exactly what Mordion Gaol was. I found this interesting forum "adventure" concerning it. Lol if people are still curious. https://www.bluegartr.com/threads/117890-My-stay-in-Mordion-Gaol

I didn't know it existed!