Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kellach Woods - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 08:57 AM)Warren Castille Wrote: People are able to GM those flagrantly looking to take advantage of the system, but there's not really any way to follow up on it, and even in the best case scenario (as unlikely as it is) those houses get defaulted, they'll be scooped up in minutes anyway.

Actually, if the GMs wait, say, 2-3 weeks before defaulting, they might slip under the radar (and the size of the house ofc). I find the actual housing places empty as fuck most times so I wouldn't be surprised if something is demolished within that time to slip notice.

Right now though all eyes are on them, so...

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 06-07-2016

Next housing rush will be.. 45 days after the next patch when the demolition timer is set back in motion? Or will it just be put back in place and then a bunch of houses will fall? Who knows...

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Shoshopu - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 08:40 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: Next housing rush will be.. 45 days after the next patch when the demolition timer is set back in motion? Or will it just be put back in place and then a bunch of houses will fall? Who knows...

I think it's more likely that the 45 day timer will start after they start up the reclamation thing again, as opposed to them turning it back on and suddenly a bunch of houses explode.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 08:50 PM)Shoshopu Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 08:40 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: Next housing rush will be.. 45 days after the next patch when the demolition timer is set back in motion? Or will it just be put back in place and then a bunch of houses will fall? Who knows...

I think it's more likely that the 45 day timer will start after they start up the reclamation thing again, as opposed to them turning it back on and suddenly a bunch of houses explode.

Well, it might depend on if they 'resume' the timer from where it was at or if it reset.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Edda - 06-07-2016

(06-07-2016, 09:01 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote:
(06-07-2016, 08:50 PM)Shoshopu Wrote:

Well, it might depend on if they 'resume' the timer from where it was at or if it reset.
I believe it's going to be 45 days starting from patch 3.35.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Blue - 06-08-2016

This is probably going to come off as bragging, but it's really not. I just wanted to share this pretty silver lining with everyone. I know what it feels like to miss the chance to get a house. Two years ago I basically stopped playing anything else in FFXIV to do nothing but craft to make the money and get my FC a nice home fitting our IC purposes.

I had no high level crafts to sell Star recipes. I had no raid parties with whom to sell wins. I had not the bravery to do fundraising RP events. I had absolutely no other means to make money. All I did was craft lv1-40ish HQ gear everyday. It took me and my FC mates two years to get to 70M gil.

Yesterday, at last we were able to get the house everyone wanted (we actually went to check all plots and put a poll to decide). Without paying anyone to relinquish. Without exploiting debatable features of the game. Without donations. Without RMT. It took far longer than it should have, but we made it.

[Image: 575821fc22c3926f085e81c9.jpg]

We are currently in the process to give it the appearance of an abandoned house, because we plan to set up a big "Raise This Barn" style of event before we make it our home IC. It was something we all looked forward to for a long time and at last it's there.

Being homeless in this game sucks, as a roleplayer more than anything. But with patience, hard work and yes, some luck, you will eventually get what you want. Do not give in to other players wishing to exploit your despair.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Celise - 06-08-2016

Ooh, congrats on your house! And that sounds like a fun event for your FC, and like it'll be a whole lot of fun!

I'll have to swing by and look at it!

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Blue - 06-08-2016

(06-08-2016, 10:46 AM)Celise Wrote: Ooh, congrats on your house! And that sounds like a fun event for your FC, and like it'll be a whole lot of fun!

I'll have to swing by and look at it!

Thank you Smile We plan to make it a public event, I'll post on this site's section when we're ready. It will be lots of fun! Hard work, getting to know friendly people willing to help, and of course, a barbeque in the yard is due to keep everyone's spirits high!

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Sunwins - 06-09-2016

I'm kind of hoping they clear out inactive plots to give active players a chance at filling them, honestly. I also wish they'd lock housing per server; like you only get one plot for all your characters on that server. That would be quite nice.

I didn't rush for a house this time around both because I knew I wouldn't be able to save up in time, and I'm pretty happy with my room in my FC. I might wait until next time, but even then -- Australian internet is not fast enough to get in on time. I logged in as soon as servers came up, and still ended up 2000 behind in queue!

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Fox - 06-09-2016

(06-09-2016, 09:22 AM)Sunwins Wrote: I'm kind of hoping they clear out inactive plots to give active players a chance at filling them, honestly. I also wish they'd lock housing per server; like you only get one plot for all your characters on that server. That would be quite nice.

I didn't rush for a house this time around both because I knew I wouldn't be able to save up in time, and I'm pretty happy with my room in my FC. I might wait until next time, but even then -- Australian internet is not fast enough to get in on time. I logged in as soon as servers came up, and still ended up 2000 behind in queue!

They already have this implemented, if you don't use your house or log into it within a set amount of days it is relinquished.

See this post: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/424658bcd52a5737194a4088eb3e7ccabefa9954

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - ExAtomos - 06-09-2016

(06-09-2016, 09:42 AM)Foxberry Wrote:
(06-09-2016, 09:22 AM)Sunwins Wrote: I'm kind of hoping they clear out inactive plots to give active players a chance at filling them, honestly. I also wish they'd lock housing per server; like you only get one plot for all your characters on that server. That would be quite nice.

They already have this implemented, if you don't use your house or log into it within a set amount of days it is relinquished.

See this post: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/424658bcd52a5737194a4088eb3e7ccabefa9954

I believe the inactive timer is still halted due to the earthquakes. http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/290234-A-Message-from-Naoki-Yoshida-in-Regard-to-the-Kumamoto-Earthquakes

I have not seen any note that this was lifted and the notice is still on the official forums.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Aldotsk - 06-10-2016

(06-08-2016, 09:57 AM)Blue Wrote: This is probably going to come off as bragging, but it's really not. I just wanted to share this pretty silver lining with everyone. I know what it feels like to miss the chance to get a house. Two years ago I basically stopped playing anything else in FFXIV to do nothing but craft to make the money and get my FC a nice home fitting our IC purposes.

I had no high level crafts to sell Star recipes. I had no raid parties with whom to sell wins. I had not the bravery to do fundraising RP events. I had absolutely no other means to make money. All I did was craft lv1-40ish HQ gear everyday. It took me and my FC mates two years to get to 70M gil.

Yesterday, at last we were able to get the house everyone wanted (we actually went to check all plots and put a poll to decide). Without paying anyone to relinquish. Without exploiting debatable features of the game. Without donations. Without RMT. It took far longer than it should have, but we made it.

We are currently in the process to give it the appearance of an abandoned house, because we plan to set up a big "Raise This Barn" style of event before we make it our home IC. It was something we all looked forward to for a long time and at last it's there.

Being homeless in this game sucks, as a roleplayer more than anything. But with patience, hard work and yes, some luck, you will eventually get what you want. Do not give in to other players wishing to exploit your despair.

Grats on your FC house, but I'll say I actually died laughing by that house name and the description.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Blue - 06-10-2016

(06-10-2016, 03:28 PM)Aldotsk Wrote:
(06-08-2016, 09:57 AM)Blue Wrote: This is probably going to come off as bragging, but it's really not. I just wanted to share this pretty silver lining with everyone. I know what it feels like to miss the chance to get a house. Two years ago I basically stopped playing anything else in FFXIV to do nothing but craft to make the money and get my FC a nice home fitting our IC purposes.

Grats on your FC house, but I'll say I actually died laughing by that house name and the description.

Thank you XD It's going to have an actual name when it is eventually claimed IC. Right now it's just a nameless abandoned thing in the distance, not even a real part of the residential area (that's why we chose this plot in particular: it's the furthest away from any other house).

And I would agree on the 1 house per server limit, though I feel all alts on that server should be made automatic tenants to it.

As far as I am concerned, I am boicotting Personal Housing the way it currently is. Neither I nor any of my FC members have any housing other than our FC home and as far as I've heard, we've pretty content with it. Though, I understand that some other FCs have stricter restrictions to what the members can or can't do with the house, so I'm not surprised that some of them may want their own place.

Let us hope we get word of that instanced housing feature soon.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Valence - 08-20-2016

So, for those still wondering what exactly is allowed and not for housing resale, and various other housing related stuff (like apartments)...:

Quote:In the producer letter, you mentioned players should stop the resale of land. Do you intend this restriction to include players who want to sell to their friends when they are moving servers?

Yoshida: The idea is that buying land with the intent to resell is not acceptable. This is an act which inhibits the ability of other players to enjoy the game. If we receive reports, we will investigate with log data, and if we determine that the motive was profit, then we will release the land. Of course, if you purchased the land for yourself and later decided to transfer worlds, there's no problem with handing the land over to FC members or friends because the intent wasn't to earn gil through resale.

What will happen to the price of land if it would have dropped by the time the resale happened?

Yoshida: It will return to its initial value.

For housing in general, one of the reasons resale is a problem is because the land gets sold out even when land is added. What is your ideal image for housing?

Yoshida: It's a bit difficult to be sure, but I think the ideal would be if about 80% of all land was sold to meet the demand, which would leave a bit more that new players would be able to purchase if they could afford it. In most worlds, the additional land added achieved this state, but in some of the more crowded worlds, it still sold out. We are considering managing this by adding additional land to the more crowded worlds.

First, I'd like to completely cover the demand for individual housing with the implementation of apartments in patch 3.4. After that, we'll do some careful consideration and follow up by addressing the demand for FC housing in overcrowded worlds in the next major update.

There are also two kinds of play styles where some players want to have a house for their FC, but some players also want to have their own house and land for their character. In the case of a FC, you can collect gil from multiple people, but for an individual, all the gil comes from one person. We want to be able to accommodate both FC and personal desires, so this is a tough problem to tackle.

Do you think land sold out immediately due to high resale demand or just due to population?

Yoshida: The higher the population, the higher the demand for land, and the higher the demand for land, the more people who want to use it to make gil. I think it's like that.

You said that selling out and resale is a problem on a small fraction of the worlds, so do you mean to say that housing is already in an ideal state in most cases?

Yoshida: Well, with the shortages and resale issues in overcrowded worlds, I wouldn't say its ideal, but I think it's good in about 80% of the worlds. New players can level up, earn gil, and by then they should be able to afford the houses as the prices continue to decrease.

Did you put any thought into regulating the resale systematically?

Yoshida: Once bought, the system already has conditions where the land cannot be sold through the system and is automatically removed after a certain period of disuse, to make it difficult for players to resell through the system. However, a MMORPG is made to be "played," and there are mechanisms available to allow players to abandon land of their own will. The system doesn't have the ability to determine whether players had malicious intent when they decide to use that mechanism, so combining that mechanism with the ability to trade you end up with resale. It would be possible to stop it entirely if we want to take a view that everyone has bad intent, and there'd be less time and effort involved with that as well. But by doing that, we would destroy some of the good intentions of the community like players handing over land before they take a break or transfer worlds.

On the other hand, we heard opinions like limiting the number of houses to one per account, but for players who have multiple characters on one account and want to role play on each, this still creates a problem. Furthermore, for FFXIV, since the requirement to buy land is to be level 50 on one job and to save enough gil, there is quite a high hurdle to be able to purchase land. So we should respect those players who have done enough to satisfy the conditions to purchase land on alternate characters.

If these things continue, the housing system will become very overcrowded. Rather than viewing everyone as inherently bad, we'd rather allow as much freedom as possible to remain in the system. Additionally, after speaking with players and getting feedback from a majority, we can make provisions if we decide that certain things should not be allowed. So first, let's talk about it. I think there wouldn't be any problems if everyone would act ethically.

Taken from here

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - LiadansWhisper - 08-20-2016

"I think there wouldn't be any problems if everyone would act ethically."

Nope, there really wouldn't be, Yoshi-P. There wouldn't be problems anywhere. Cry

...but anyway, perhaps this means that they're planning on coming up with some specific housing for FCs?