Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Valence - 08-20-2016

Well, he says apartments for 3.4, and more housing plots in 3.5 for overcrowded servers so... As far as I see it they intend to just fix the lack of housing by brute forcing and even more plots.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Unnamed Mercenary - 08-20-2016

The current housing wards had never been intended to be released for size Glenn players. Even private rooms were hacked in. So when Yoshi-P says he thinks apartments are going to fix it, he probably honestly believes that. (Maybe on the JP servers, it's mostly FCs?)

But it does sound like they might actually be considering allocating more wards to only the busy servers. That would be nice. Especially if Balmung gets to maintain a ~80% housing full one day.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kage - 08-20-2016

I mean, Balmung's active population is reported to be somewhere close to a little less than double most of the 'ok populated' servers and even triple to quintuple the size of the 'empty' servers.

I don't think Balmung will really get to the state where everyone is happy with a house etc.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Swanmay - 08-22-2016

Unfortunately I think Kage is right. For all the Gil I have saved on my Balmung character, there are no houses and quite frankly people are charging way too much to relinquish their house.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Yssen - 08-23-2016

(08-22-2016, 06:44 AM)Swanmay Wrote: Unfortunately I think Kage is right. For all the Gil I have saved on my Balmung character, there are no houses and quite frankly people are charging way too much to relinquish their house.

This may seem relatively unpopular, but... report them. They have made it clear even in a live letter that letting go a plot for profit is not what they want and against the ToS. If someone is sitting on a plot to sell it for a profit, report them.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - SicketySix - 08-25-2016

(08-23-2016, 01:51 PM)Yssen Wrote:
(08-22-2016, 06:44 AM)Swanmay Wrote: Unfortunately I think Kage is right. For all the Gil I have saved on my Balmung character, there are no houses and quite frankly people are charging way too much to relinquish their house.

This may seem relatively unpopular, but... report them. They have made it clear even in a live letter that letting go a plot for profit is not what they want and against the ToS. If someone is sitting on a plot to sell it for a profit, report them.

That would be a good idea, disregarding the fact that nobody will sell their house back to the game, and thus rendering another players chances of obtaining a house to almost nill.

So either way, the player is still screwed. To report the players actually selling houses, albeit way over priced, you make it harder for ANYONE to obtain a house.

For that reason I never report sellers. Because someone somewhere wants that house and if they are willing to buy it, good for them!

Of course that's just my opinion on the matter.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kilieit - 08-25-2016

I don't report sellers either. Not because I don't want to, but because the report system in this game is horribly complicated. I care, but I don't care enough to take 20 minutes out of my day every time I want to report one. :I

Because people sell, my chance of obtaining a plot is actually nill. I don't have any decent way of making money in this game and I've only just got the price for a plot+permit after 6mo (and the plot price being dropped, lmao). Saving up for an indeterminate amount of time, for an indeterminate amount of gil, and still being at the mercy of scalpers who can literally say "oh, nope, sorry, someone else just came in with 10mil more than you, thanks for the offer though" and be done with it isn't something that seems like fun to me.

And camping plots is a pain as well, that's true. But at least it's not that - which is still basically camping plots (you still need to wait for someone to be ready to relinquish their house) with a shittonne of cash added on top.

(And I don't have any intention to report buyers. My lack of sympathy is for the people who openly advertise that they're selling for profit something that should be gifted (either to a friend or back to the system); not for people who want a house and can't find one, and are getting increasingly willing to do ridiculous things to make it happen.)

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Valence - 08-25-2016

(08-25-2016, 11:28 AM)Kh Wrote:
(08-23-2016, 01:51 PM)Yssen Wrote:

That would be a good idea, disregarding the fact that nobody will sell their house back to the game, and thus rendering another players chances of obtaining a house to almost nill.

So either way, the player is still screwed. To report the players actually selling houses, albeit way over priced, you make it harder for ANYONE to obtain a house.

For that reason I never report sellers. Because someone somewhere wants that house and if they are willing to buy it, good for them!

Of course that's just my opinion on the matter.

And at the same time you promote abuse... tough choice.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gegenji - 08-25-2016

But if they can't resell the house for a profit, would they then even bother to buy it in the first place?  I mean, I'm assuming the reason they're buying the houses BECAUSE they can get their gil back plus loads extra on the resale. It's an investment for payout - buying the houses for the express purpose of reselling them rather than use them. So, if they're not able to sell the houses anymore, that means no profit to be had from the purchase and thus it's a "waste of gil" unless they're going to actually use the house.

... Or hold the houses hostage out of spite until the ruling is overturned or something.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Yssen - 08-25-2016

(08-25-2016, 12:52 PM)Gegenji Wrote: But if they can't resell the house for a profit, would they then even bother to buy it in the first place?  I mean, I'm assuming the reason they're buying the houses BECAUSE they can get their gil back plus loads extra on the resale. It's an investment for payout - buying the houses for the express purpose of reselling them rather than use them. So, if they're not able to sell the houses anymore, that means no profit to be had from the purchase and thus it's a "waste of gil" unless they're going to actually use the house.

... Or hold the houses hostage out of spite until the ruling is overturned or something.
The first part of this. Because lets face it, the ruling is not going to get overturned. This is not fluffy gray area anymore, it really never was. This isn't and investment, it is extortion. This isn't a legitimate way to make money in the game, it is a shitty one that abuses housing system as it presently stands. The people buying houses to hold the plot and sell back at a ridiculous rate are doing something wrong. The wrong has gotten so out of hand that SE and Yoshi-P himself addressed this in a live letter and gave a clear stance. They made it pretty clear they don't like people doing this and will take action against those players. By not reporting the abuse of the system you enable the scam and extortion to continue. When players abusing the system get reported, the plots come back up eventually to be sold at the regular price. Either when the GMs free up the plot, or lack of using of the house due to banning cause it to do so. 

You are not making it any more or less harde for other people to buy a house by reporting people for plot sitting for fun and profit. The people that are plot sitting for fun and profit already made it harder for you by doing the wrong thing and breaking the ToS. As described above, if anything you are freeing up the land to be sold at a reasonable rated down the road. And as Gegenji pointed out, you remove the reason they bought the land in the first place, which was to extort people for an ridiculous profit. If you are 1. paying their gigantic amounts of ransom money to get them to move out of a plot (and THEN paying the housing costs on top of that), or 2. not reporting their breach of the ToS. You are almost part of the problem, you have given your tacit approval to a vulture player's actions. You also kinda have zero room to complain about any of the costs for getting housing right now.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kage - 08-27-2016

Balmung is officially "not everyone will be happy with housing" as apartments are limited to 1536 per world (512 in each city state: Limsa, Ul'dah and Grid)

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Solenne - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 12:49 AM)Kage Wrote: Balmung is officially "not everyone will be happy with housing" as apartments are limited to 1536 per world (512 in each city state: Limsa, Ul'dah and Grid)

I lost my shit when I heard the number. That's just ridiculous and insulting.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 08-27-2016

I am really going to laugh if they let people have a personal house AND an apartment. I didn't see anything saying they couldn't or could. I mean, if the apartment is nice enough I could see some people selling their houses to get one. Why not? Not a lot of people who have personal houses even use the chocobo stables/garden and they cannot use the airships unless they have an FC.

....But wait, can an FC buy an apartment? But they would not be able to dye a chocobo there, or garden. But could they have an airship workshop? Laugh Probably not. I am guessing it's just personal rooms but a little bit bigger.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Valence - 08-27-2016

What if someone, say, started to put up PF ads asking to buy a house 'please contact me yadayada'. And then systematically reported the sellers showing up, mh?

Just a thought.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Melkire - 08-27-2016

1536 is going to go so fast, when you factor in alts. I'm really disappointed in Square. Guaranteed personal housing is something that many MMOs are managing these days.