Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Aurou - 08-27-2016

Has SE confirmed that there will be only one Apartment per city?

Looking at the screenshots of where they are located, it's the blocked off road in each housing area. As long as they have the server capacity, SE could be putting one in each ward (and subdivision).

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2970&d=1472272808]

[Image: tp6Swt6.jpg]

I couldn't replicate the angle... but that is definitely the same spot in the Mist.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2973&d=1472272831]

[Image: u3Gs2Bo.jpg]

Goblet

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2972&d=1472272820]

[Image: X8Pjd8e.jpg]

Lavender Beds

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kilieit - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 12:49 AM)Kage Wrote: Balmung is officially "not everyone will be happy with housing" as apartments are limited to 1536 per world (512 in each city state: Limsa, Ul'dah and Grid)

Are you kidding =_=

There goes that solution, then, lmao.

Just make them instanced and 1/character with a demolishment schedule... please..........

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Aaron - 08-27-2016

Don't worry, if you're lucky you'll either have a bit more than ten minutes to snag one OR you can buy one off the capitalism fuckers who probably bought twenty of them for an 100% inflation price resell.

I'd rather not, lmao. I'll just wait until they bring out something proper to address the problem... again.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Valence - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 09:54 AM)Kilieit Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 12:49 AM)Kage Wrote: Balmung is officially "not everyone will be happy with housing" as apartments are limited to 1536 per world (512 in each city state: Limsa, Ul'dah and Grid)

Are you kidding =_=

Just make them instanced and 1/character with a demolishment schedule... please..........

Every single instance is also linked to server nodes dedicated to them. Dungeons or just quest instances. They have dedicated and limited server slots running at the same time.

This is also why when they released Stone Sky Sea, so many players tried to accessed it at once that there was a server congestion and most people couldn't access.

You will run in the exact same issue. System wise, there is absolutely zero difference.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Ruran - 08-27-2016

Urgh. I was looking forward to getting apartments for my alts, since I'm tired of FC rooms and wanted something more permanent. Here's to hoping that more apartments will be released in further patches, especially in the new expansion.

But...at least the apartments aren't just limited to Ishgard like we originally thought? The locations/structures themselves seem really cool, it's just a shame that not everyone will be able to enjoy them.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Parvacake - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 08:16 AM)Aurou Wrote: Has SE confirmed that there will be only one Apartment per city?

Looking at the screenshots of where they are located, it's the blocked off road in each housing area.  As long as they have the server capacity, SE could be putting one in each ward (and subdivision).  

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2970&d=1472272808]

[Image: tp6Swt6.jpg]

I couldn't replicate the angle... but that is definitely the same spot in the Mist.

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2973&d=1472272831]

[Image: u3Gs2Bo.jpg]

Goblet

[Image: attachment.php?attachmentid=2972&d=1472272820]

[Image: X8Pjd8e.jpg]

Lavender Beds
I figured those buildings were going to serve some kind of purpose down the line.

(08-27-2016, 11:00 AM)Valence Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 09:54 AM)Kilieit Wrote:

Are you kidding =_=

Every single instance is also linked to server nodes dedicated to them. Dungeons or just quest instances. They have dedicated and limited server slots running at the same time.

This is also why when they released Stone Sky Sea, so many players tried to accessed it at once that there was a server congestion and most people couldn't access.

You will run in the exact same issue. System wise, there is absolutely zero difference.

As a technical problem, I can think of other MMO's who have solved it - older ones, too.

It's not impossible. Which means with enough development time (and money), it'd probably be feasible.

They're just not doing it... so of course it's going to be frustrating when they come out with something every few months that's supposed to "solve the problem once and for all" and then doesn't.

Housing is a big enough part of endgame, especially on a roleplay server, that any system which makes it "limited edition" is going to remain unliked. It's meant to be a money sink and an economy stimulant - but that doesn't work as effectively if only a small portion of the population can even access the thing they're supposed to be spending money on in the first place! It'd be like if only the first 512 people per grand company could get the best raid weapons per patch, and no one else after that was even allowed to enter the instance to have a go.

Make the high gil cost the barrier that prevents "just everyone" from having one (just like the time sink is what prevents "just everyone" from having the best raid weapons) - not the fact you don't have a high-end computer and a really fast internet connection and a flexible work schedule and really, really good luck.

I would honestly be okay with much, much higher gil cost for housing of all kinds, if it meant that there would potentially be enough plots generated for everyone if everyone somehow managed to hit that gil requirement. I mean, and/or make you pay gil-rent to keep the instance! That would be fine too! At least it would give you a solid goal to work towards, the culmination of which isn't based on your favour with Nymeia (or scalpers).

Ugh.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - ExAtomos - 08-27-2016

No outdoor space, but there is a lobby and chocobo stables available.
._.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 08-27-2016

(08-27-2016, 06:14 AM)Valence Wrote: What if someone, say, started to put up PF ads asking to buy a house 'please contact me yadayada'. And then systematically reported the sellers showing up, mh?

Just a thought.

They do this already but there is nothing to report? No one gets banned unless something is relinquished and gil is exchanged. I guess they might get a slap on the wrist but keep this in mind, it is also against the rules to buy as well as sell.

There's a reason the reddit for Balmung is so dry. Everyone tries to bait people. Barely any houses are moving at all but boy when they do.. 175mil for the last medium house in the mist I saw sold. (I actually knew of the fella who bought it. Grabbed my head and went WHY OH GOD WHY to the guy who bought, but it was something he REALLY wanted..) That's what happens when this kind of stuff goes down. It went further into the black market and the prices only went up for the risk. Why haven't they turned the timer back on yet? THAT I do not understand at all.

Here is a reddit thread I found particularly interesting:
https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4qb9s7/plot_sale_results_in_ban/

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/4qb9s7/plot_sale_results_in_ban/d4s52jk
Someone sold a small plot for 6mil. With 4 airships for 6mil and got a 24hr ban? 6mil total for all of that. The gil is gone, but people are somewhat unclear on what happened to the plot. The GM even agreed that it would cost someone far more than 6mil to make those 4 airships. Hilarious.

I think it's kind of cruel to report someone for this kind of stuff if they are selling you a plot for 6mil, which to me, is a completely reasonable price. ESPECIALLY with four airships. There was NO profit made there. For a ridiculously high price, I get it. But if nothing is exchanged, and a GM is in a bad mood? You could get in trouble too. Especially since it seems like they are just TAKING gil away from buyers, not returning it.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Edda - 08-28-2016

(08-27-2016, 07:10 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: Why haven't they turned the timer back on yet? THAT I do not understand at all.
Because of the earthquakes/subsequent flooding in Japan. It's both out of respect for those who have lost homes, and a courtesy to those who may not be able to access their in-game houses due to these natural disasters. It's good press and customer relations for Square Enix to do so, as Japanese players are their target audience and priority.

It's also a very Japanese thing, i.e. Titan being entirely cut from 1.0 due to the earthquakes in Japan around that time. All we can do is wait.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Caspar - 08-28-2016

(08-28-2016, 12:50 AM)Edda Wrote:
(08-27-2016, 07:10 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: Why haven't they turned the timer back on yet? THAT I do not understand at all.
Because of the earthquakes/subsequent flooding in Japan. It's both out of respect for those who have lost homes, and a courtesy to those who may not be able to access their in-game houses due to these natural disasters. It's good press and customer relations for Square Enix to do so, as Japanese players are their target audience and priority.

It's also a very Japanese thing, i.e. Titan being entirely cut from 1.0 due to the earthquakes in Japan around that time. All we can do is wait.
That I can kinda understand, as well as the whole Leviathan thing. I mean, he's literally Earthquake Man, Robot Masters style. It would definitely make many people a bit upset, even if it was not intentional.

I suppose they could just keep it off there, but I think that would just provoke complaints of favoritism.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Arty - 08-28-2016

They clearly showed the buildings that appear in each ward and subward. And they said it's 512 per building, not per city. Which means that it's NOT 1536, but over 36000 apartments per server (every ward and subward has the building which has 512 apartments).

Basically, they are adding the equivalent of a ward to each housing district, and filling it with FC houses (FC houses have a limit of 512 rooms per house).

So please, everyone stop panicking. Big Grin

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Valence - 08-28-2016

B-but we are over 50.000 in Balmung Tongue

Quote:I think it's kind of cruel to report someone for this kind of stuff if they are selling you a plot for 6mil, which to me, is a completely reasonable price. ESPECIALLY with four airships. There was NO profit made there. For a ridiculously high price, I get it. But if nothing is exchanged, and a GM is in a bad mood? You could get in trouble too. Especially since it seems like they are just TAKING gil away from buyers, not returning it.

I don't think it is cruel. A small plot is what? 3M? The guy is making double that price, which makes the victim pay 3 times more than they would normally have. It can definitely be seen as extortion, and house sellers can already make a good margin with such prices. Granted, they sure probably ask a lot more now as you say, with the overall atmosphere and prices climbing up and all, but I really, really fail to see that as cruel. I would do it everytime, no matter what.

If it was just making you pay the value of all the inside items and airships, and that only, I wouldn't mind. Were all those 4 airships fully upgraded and all? Or just the basic ones?

I find it a bit cruel though on the behalf of the GMs not to at least reimburse the buyers, even if it's a bit of a Darwin Award here. Okay, they got to be the fools, they bought even if it goes against the rules, sure. But at the same time... well yeah. It's probably to teach them a lesson so they don't do it again. It's a bit harsh sure, but to cut on the selling market, cracking down on buyers and thus, market demand, is a good way to choke the market.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kage - 08-29-2016

(08-28-2016, 03:28 AM)Lulula Lulu Wrote: They clearly showed the buildings that appear in each ward and subward. And they said it's 512 per building, not per city. Which means that it's NOT 1536, but over 36000 apartments per server (every ward and subward has the building which has 512 apartments).

Basically, they are adding the equivalent of a ward to each housing district, and filling it with FC houses (FC houses have a limit of 512 rooms per house).

So please, everyone stop panicking. Big Grin
This is unconfirmed as we do not know if each ward/subward gets it.

Especially as atm Balmung is the server with the highest active population at only 20k. Considering how the devs have always aimed at satisfying the near lowest common denominator, they're not aiming to satisfy Balmung's needs.