Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Parvacake - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 07:34 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: I think, honestly, the best we can do is ask the GMs to do better. If they have an RMT team, well, they do, the RMT team SHOULD be looking at huge amounts of gil moving right? Why isn't that doing the trick? Maybe we could make a post on the official forums asking WHAT we can report? I mean damn, all they said is 'report it' but report WHAT.

The GMs are pretty vigilant from what I've seen in the game thus far. Moving mass amounts of gil doesn't always work since people exchange gil all the time. I had an FC mate give me a few million towards one of my old FC houses to make the purchase and it took a few transactions to get all of it. Would have sucked if he missed out on getting a house because a GM stopped us to investigate the matter.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 08:39 PM)Lililove Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 07:34 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: I think, honestly, the best we can do is ask the GMs to do better. If they have an RMT team, well, they do, the RMT team SHOULD be looking at huge amounts of gil moving right? Why isn't that doing the trick? Maybe we could make a post on the official forums asking WHAT we can report? I mean damn, all they said is 'report it' but report WHAT.

The GMs are pretty vigilant from what I've seen in the game thus far. Moving mass amounts of gil doesn't always work since people exchange gil all the time. I had an FC mate give me a few million towards one of my old FC houses to make the purchase and it took a few transactions to get all of it. Would have sucked if he missed out on getting a house because a GM stopped us to investigate the matter.

I've loaned people up to 20mil with absolutely nothing happening to me months later, but they also paid me back. It's pretty obvious it was a loan and those loans were also discussed in game. That's 20 trades of 1mil. But for housing sales I am talking upward from that, 80mil, 175mil, prices that housing plots no longer go for even from the game. Completely unreasonable prices.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Aaron - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 08:43 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote:

I've loaned people up to 20mil with absolutely nothing happening to me months later, but they also paid me back. It's pretty obvious it was a loan and those loans were also discussed in game. That's 20 trades of 1mil. But for housing sales I am talking upward from that, 80mil, 175mil, prices that housing plots no longer go for even from the game. Completely unreasonable prices.
You mean you gave 20 mil in small loans of a million dollars.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 08-31-2016

(08-31-2016, 09:17 PM)Aaron Wrote:
(08-31-2016, 08:43 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote:

You mean you gave 20 mil in small loans of a million dollars.

Yes that's right. Laugh

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kage - 09-05-2016

In light of the earthquake in Kumamoto, Japan in April, the automatic demolition of estates was suspended. However, after careful consideration, we have decided to resume auto-demolition with the release of patch 3.4.
* Please be advised there is a possibility the timer will be suspended again at a later date should the need arise.

Scheduled Patch Release Date
Tuesday, September 27, 2016
* The exact date and time for the maintenance coinciding with the patch release will be announced at a later time.

Auto-Demolition Counter and Current Home Owners
The counter for auto-demolition may be reset for certain estates depending on the usage of housing during the period when housing was suspended.

For players that have accessed housing at least once during the suspension period.
The auto-demolition timer will be reset for the following players:
Free company leaders and members who entered their company estate at least once.
Private estate owners who have entered their company estate at least once.

The count for days of inactivity for the aforementioned players will begin with the release of patch 3.4.

For players that have not accessed housing during the suspension period.
The auto-demolition timer will resume from the time remaining as of Thursday, April 21, 2016 at 3:00 a.m. (PDT).
Please be advised that the timer will resume immediately after patch data is made available during the scheduled maintenance for patch 3.4. Because of this, there is a possibility the auto-demolition timer may expire for certain estates before maintenance has ended. For those players whose estate will be prepared for auto-demolition within ten days of the scheduled maintenance, an e-mail notification will be delivered to the e-mail address registered to their Square Enix account. We strongly suggest those players log in and access their housing before the scheduled maintenance for patch 3.4.
* The e-mail notification will be delivered to the registered e-mail addresses of all free company estate owners and their free company members, as well as private estate owners.

Confirming Time Until Auto-Demolition
For players who have not accessed their estate in at least thirty days, the status under the Estate tab of the Timers window will indicate the estate is being prepared for auto-demolition and denote the number of days remaining. This status will no longer be displayed upon accessing the estate.
[Image: 58d533a2586823e6876060c50b5d347171c939d9_0.png]
* Please be advised that this window will only display the number of days until auto-demolition and not an exact time. We strongly urge you to access your estate well before the scheduled day for auto-demolition.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Parvacake - 09-05-2016

Happy to hear the timer is back up so those who need a place have a better chance at nabbing one.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - SicketySix - 09-07-2016

Housing timers are incorporated back into the game again.
You know what that means, right?

Time for another free weekly log in event so everyone can keep their houses and go another few months, just in time to hit another free log in weekend.

So watch those wards carefully and good luck!

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kellach Woods - 09-07-2016

I'm more confused as to why they couldn't just remove that timer for the Japanese data center, and keep it in place for the rest of us?

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 03:39 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I'm more confused as to why they couldn't just remove that timer for the Japanese data center, and keep it in place for the rest of us?

Because there's nothing that stops Japanese players from being on NA or EU Data Centers and the opposite. It's unlikely they'd give themselves a laggy connection, but look at all the people who transfer to Balmung for RP and not gameplay?

That, or it's an all or nothing thing because it's likely a server software patch and just easier to keep all datacenters on the same version. (China and Korea servers excluded).

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 02:38 PM)SicketySix Wrote: Housing timers are incorporated back into the game again.
You know what that means, right?

Time for another free weekly log in event so everyone can keep their houses and go another few months, just in time to hit another free log in weekend.

So watch those wards carefully and good luck!

Waiting for this to happen, honestly. Laugh

(09-07-2016, 03:39 PM)Kellach Woods Wrote: I'm more confused as to why they couldn't just remove that timer for the Japanese data center, and keep it in place for the rest of us?

Kind of upset that they don't care about NA though. Isn't there a huge flood going on leaving people out of their real homes? I guess if they put the timer on pause for everything that happened everywhere, there would be no timer.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Warren Castille - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 06:00 PM)Arvid Greave Wrote: Kind of upset that they don't care about NA though. Isn't there a huge flood going on leaving people out of their real homes? I guess if they put the timer on pause for everything that happened everywhere, there would be no timer.

Much bigger country, much smaller population effected. I don't disagree, but it's apples to oranges.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kellach Woods - 09-07-2016

(09-07-2016, 03:48 PM)Unnamed Mercenary Wrote: That, or it's an all or nothing thing because it's likely a server software patch and just easier to keep all datacenters on the same version. (China and Korea servers excluded).
considering this is a MMO, I'd bet a large sum of money this is the reason.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kage - 09-12-2016

http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/303104-Only-1536-apartments-per-server?p=3846870&viewfull=1#post3846870

Quote:just to confirm: the apartments are per ward (including subdivisions) and not one per country. This is confirmed by Yoshida during the recent Letter from the Producer at around 2:09:20 in the Twitch stream, and is also mentioned on the 4gamer summary of the stream which states:

このアパルトメントは,3国の冒険者居住区の各区画に1棟ずつ建ち,部屋の代金は50万ギルになるという。

The Japanese ff14wiki also clarifies:

ハウジングエリアの区画1つにつき、一棟。拡張エリアにも立つ。1棟あたり512戸。 12区+拡張エリア=24区。24区×三国=72区。72×512戸=1ワールドあたり36,864戸ということになる。

Yoshida also mentioned on the live stream that, if it wasn't enough, they could still add more (but I tend to think this will be enough for all but the absolute busiest of servers, at least for now).

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Ruran - 09-12-2016

(09-12-2016, 11:37 AM)Kage Wrote: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/303104-Only-1536-apartments-per-server?p=3846870&viewfull=1#post3846870

Quote:just to confirm: the apartments are per ward (including subdivisions) and not one per country. This is confirmed by Yoshida during the recent Letter from the Producer at around 2:09:20 in the Twitch stream, and is also mentioned on the 4gamer summary of the stream which states:

このアパルトメントは,3国の冒険者居住区の各区画に1棟ずつ建ち,部屋の代金は50万ギルになるという。

The Japanese ff14wiki also clarifies:

ハウジングエリアの区画1つにつき、一棟。拡張エリアにも立つ。1棟あたり512戸。 12区+拡張エリア=24区。24区×三国=72区。72×512戸=1ワールドあたり36,864戸ということになる。

Yoshida also mentioned on the live stream that, if it wasn't enough, they could still add more (but I tend to think this will be enough for all but the absolute busiest of servers, at least for now).

*HALLELUJAH CHORUS*

'All but the busiest of servers' though. /weep

Still, it's a relief that all divisions and subdivisions will be getting their own apartments. That's a huge increase in housing!

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kage - 09-12-2016

Considering it's 36k and Balmung was recently said/reported to have 20k active characters, it should be good for awhile yet.