Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kage - 09-13-2016

Live Letter Digest came out.
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/304383
Quote:Apartment-style housing will be added. These apartments will have a shared lobby and chocobo stables, which can be accessed by all tenants. Each ward will have one apartment, and it will cost 500,000 gil for a room.

I bolded this because I am worried about the specificity of this word. Let me explain why the word usage needs to be specific and why it's 'not just semantics' that I am pointing at the use of 1 apartment per ward.

In the additional housing plots lodestone page
Quote:Wards 9 through 12 will be added to all residential districts. Subdivisions will also be available in these new wards
They made -sure- to note subdivisions so that everyone knew how many plots would be added per residential district. Also keep in mind how the subdivisions in teleports are per ward. You can only use the aetheryte system per ward but it includes subdivisions as areas within the ward in its hierarchy of teleports and naming (If you go to each of the 12 wards you see Ward 1 tab 1-30 tab 31-60. It's not Ward 1 Ward 1 Subdivision. They may function in some basics as wards but subdivisions are not wards.

Hoping that it really is subdivisions get 1 apartment.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Warren Castille - 09-13-2016

When you're wondering if it'll be 15,000 rooms added or 30,000 rooms added it IS semantics.

Read the previous page, Warren, before commenting.

...still. It's only (512x12)3 rooms.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Parvacake - 09-14-2016

It's better then the previous limitations when it's come to housing. This allows a lot more people a better shot to get something. Even if they just toddle to some random ass ward, at least they won't all go away within a few minutes the way other places have.

Granted they won't be around for long but still!

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Oroban - 09-15-2016

New housing preview
THANK YOU SE FOR YET ANOTHER CONFLICTING NUMBER. This preview on the Lodestone says an apartment building per ward AND subdivision. Then it goes on to say only 90 tenants per building, which means...hardly any apartments. Didn't they recently say it was going to be a significant number?

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kilieit - 09-15-2016

Takes the current estimated total down to 6,480 per server.

It's more than the 1,536 we thought there'd be when news of apartments first came out, but still...

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kage - 09-15-2016

RIP in pieces.

Apartments.

For those who asked.
Quote:Players are allowed one apartment per character. Furthermore, it is possible to own both an estate and an apartment.
* Estate sharing is not permitted with apartments. Furthermore, apartments are not subject to auto-demolition.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kodie - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 08:25 AM)Kage Wrote: RIP in pieces.

Apartments.

For those who asked.
Quote:Players are allowed one apartment per character. Furthermore, it is possible to own both an estate and an apartment.
* Estate sharing is not permitted with apartments. Furthermore, apartments are not subject to auto-demolition.

Yeah this isn't worth it if you have an FC room, especially since you can't share the apartment.

So this is more than likely geared for folks in FCs that don't have an FC house available too them, so I'll just pass on it personally and wait try my bad luck again during the eventual house demo day.

I'm probably... gonna try for one.

Because running an RP establishment out of my FC's house is impractical for both IC and OOC reasons, and I might have more chance of getting an apartment than a house. Maybe. Possibly.

Sigh. A small house would still be much better for what I had in mind... so I guess I won't be too disappointed if, as I suspect will be the case, I don't manage to get an apartment (I'll just think of it like "holding out for" a small). But still.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Cato - 09-15-2016

I've said this before but the developers really should just acknowledge that certain realms - such as Balmung - deserve special treatment. That may seem unfair to some but...let's be honest here: Balmung is almost always going to be very busy for as long as the game exists. I believe some of the other bigger servers out there are also consistently busy.

With that in mind it makes sense to me to adjust the number of available housing instances for the consistently large servers. It'd solve many of the housing related issues and lessen the amount of time that the developers need to spend in order to try and mitigate the problems that exist.

It's probably not as simple as that, I suppose...but at this point I'm just left scratching my head at how such things are handled. A lot of content doesn't appear to be designed with the question of 'Will this work on the busiest servers?' in mind. Like that problematic Moonfire Faire quest that involved slaying Bombards that spawned as 'Free for All' kills and thus ended up having numerous players all competing over the same handful of enemies, killing them at the same time so that it took an awful lot of time for anybody to get the quest completion they were seeking.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Zhavi - 09-15-2016

All I can imagine is devs cackling with their fingers steepled in front of their mouths, watching all the fuss and angst.

The up and down numbers is like a shitty game of wheel of fortune. HOPE IT LANDS ON THE RIGHT ONE.

To be completely honest, I hope that this addition is laying the groundwork for a system akin to private chambers in an FC house, where an additional list of empty rooms is generated once the current list becomes 100% full.

Buuuut we can hope that we'll wake up tomorrow and au ra horns won't be attached to their face presets any more, and that probably isn't going to happen either... >_>

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Niteshade_Rune - 09-15-2016

I was hoping the apartments themselves would at least be instanced. A limited number isn't going to go well for alot of us Sad I hadn't gotten enough gil for a small home so when I heard about this next patch I got a little excited. Well here's hoping. But I know how busy Balmung is lol.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Kage - 09-15-2016

To be honest, I was hoping apartments would help free some plots for people who really only wanted a personal room without wanting the FC or being wary of the FC and not needing larger than a small plot (or even bigger).

I need SE to give ways for existing plots to grow and get housing without being homeless.

Or even lose a lot of airship progress.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Cassandra - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 11:51 AM)Graeham Wrote: I've said this before but the developers really should just acknowledge that certain realms - such as Balmung - deserve special treatment. That may seem unfair to some but...let's be honest here: Balmung is almost always going to be very busy for as long as the game exists. I believe some of the other bigger servers out there are also consistently busy.

I suspect the reason they don't is because they hope to encourage less people from transferring off other servers to Balmung and Gilgamesh. Blocking transfers as a whole could backfire, since people may up and quit if they wanted those particular servers for whatever reason. Making it slightly inconvenient though won't drive them fully away.

It boggles the mind why they decided to allow people who own houses to also buy apartments.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Unnamed Mercenary - 09-15-2016

(09-15-2016, 03:49 PM)Cassandra Wrote:
(09-15-2016, 11:51 AM)Graeham Wrote: I've said this before but the developers really should just acknowledge that certain realms - such as Balmung - deserve special treatment. That may seem unfair to some but...let's be honest here: Balmung is almost always going to be very busy for as long as the game exists. I believe some of the other bigger servers out there are also consistently busy.

I suspect the reason they don't is because they hope to encourage less people from transferring off other servers to Balmung and Gilgamesh. Blocking transfers as a whole could backfire, since people may up and quit if they wanted those particular servers for whatever reason. Making it slightly inconvenient though won't drive them fully away.

It boggles the mind why they decided to allow people who own houses to also buy apartments.

My guess is that housing is tied directly into the release of their server software. Naturally, we can't look at that. But if they had to have special builds only for certain servers, it'd make maintenance a nightmare. Never let there be multiple versions of your software be out there in the open. (When versioning matters with features). ...then again, China and Korea have their own, but SE also isn't running those servers. They're just licensing their software/client.

RE:Why can someone buy them all? Because SE probably isn't coding for the largest server. They're likely coding for the medium or average server out there where most of these resources aren't 100% maxed out within minutes. The housing craze is really only this insane on Balmung and a couple other servers, but mostly Balmung. It'd be nice if they made exceptions.

SE honestly should be blocking transfers when they say creation is locked. Their website even states that people aren't supposed to be able to transfer onto a closed server, although we see it happening all the time. (Otherwise all the gil farmer bots would be dead by now). The only way I can really see them trying to solve this eventually is to offer free transfers OFF an overcrowded server. At least until the populations would stabilize a bit.