Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kilieit - 05-11-2016

This update makes it more difficult for me to get a house on all fronts.

I can now afford a Balmung house - yay! but so can the rest of the server - boo.

And a Siren/Zalera house is going to be further out of my reach than before.

Given my PC issues (bad graphics lag that has caused me to die during full party encounters before) I think I'm going to have to give this wave a miss, and just bank on the "more wards = more chance that one plot among those in existence will become available at any given time" thing if I ever want a Mist house. :/

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Shoshopu - 05-11-2016

(05-11-2016, 02:19 PM)CalebAgron Wrote: My heart has been set on lot 11 in the lavender beds and that's where I will be going the second servers come back up.

I'd be afraid to share what plot I want because that would just make it a target! :x

But on the other hand I'm kinda glad the prices are going down, because I only just barely had enough for the plot I wanted to begin with. Now I'll have a little bit of money left over to decorate with.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Blue - 05-11-2016

I'm so happy, I don't even know what to say. I've been crafting for two years (twoooo years of neglecting everything else the game had to offer, gaaaah! Not even a relic weapon takes this long!) to get my FC a house... finally hit 80M the other day with the help of Mae.

The idea of finally being able to give us the Mansion we wanted is making me burst. I hope it doesn't all fade away with an error 3102 when the servers go up.. I'll never need Personal Housing if I can get my FC a Large house >_<

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Parth Makeo - 05-11-2016

Balmung's population is so high probably because of the community and being a legacy server, a lot of the 1.0 players are adding into it. There are two things Se can do now...

1: Expand server cap. While i have no idea how they work their systems, they could potentially find some way to add more capacity by next Xpac if possible with how popular FF14 is. Yet that would also mean MORE people will be able to join Balmung and possibly cap the player count again.

2: Disable Character transfer to Balmung for good: It pains me to offer this idea but really...Transferring is hurting the population further to the point where we may never see access to make new toons on the server. I am probably of the rare kind that plays more than one physical character (5 in total not counting NPCs and including those with little bios) and i've transferred as many as i could for the time. But till they fix the problem of population control they should either shut down character transfer for Balmung or all together.

While i am happy to see more homes (And hopefully no more people grabbing them and reselling them...) and the population grow, it worries me for others who may stumble upon our community who want to RP...but find out they have no way of entering because it's jam packed worse than Moonguard's Goldshire. 

I think they have the cash to try and expand the cap of player servers by this point. It goes for all legacy servers too.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Gabineaux - 05-11-2016

I'm pretty happy the prices weren't raised. The only thing now is, will the bot army that's scripted to spam the server with new characters right after maint ruin our chances of logging in and getting our new houses? 

I need just a little more gil to get any of the plots of the size I want and I'm hoping they're not all gone by the time I log in. Last time wards dropped I didn't get online for a solid... I want to say 40min or so. That may be long enough for most of the plots to be gone, hence why I need more gil in case I can't afford the lowest class plot. I'd like to get the lowest possible class so I'm not left with 0 gil, but we'll see. That being the most affordable plot, those will be the first ones gone.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - ExAtomos - 05-11-2016

I'm happy they are adding more houses, but I REALLY wish SE had added the apartments first. I would think that would alleviate the mad dash for housing this time. Sad

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - LiadansWhisper - 05-12-2016

(05-11-2016, 11:22 PM)ExAtomos Wrote: I'm happy they are adding more houses, but I REALLY wish SE had added the apartments first. I would think that would alleviate the mad dash for housing this time. Sad

I'm actually surprised they're not adding both. I thought they were going to. In fact, I thought they were prioritizing adding the apartments. >.<

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Unnamed Mercenary - 05-12-2016

Probably means Apartments were too hard to have ready by 3.3. ...or maybe we'll learn more during the next Live Letter.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Lydia Lightfoot - 05-12-2016

It's probably still coming in 3.3, it's a separate feature from adding new wards and lowering the cost of housing, so I could see them preferring to discuss the details of it in a separate announcement.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Blue - 05-12-2016

I don't think we've reached the point where server transfer must be locked. Just last week, all newbie areas were swarmed with fresh new bots, who had been created without any maintenance necessary. I'm pretty positive of this because I reported over 50 of them in a hour <_<

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - ExAtomos - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 01:16 AM)O Wrote: It's probably still coming in 3.3, it's a separate feature from adding new wards and lowering the cost of housing, so I could see them preferring to discuss the details of it in a separate announcement.

From Live Letter XXVIII

Q: The number of members in my free company have increased, so I've been thinking about buying a new L-size house, but I'm wondering if I should wait for the moving system. Could you tell us about this feature and when we will see it in game?

A:Just as I mentioned on a previous occasion, we'll be adding land in Patch 3.3, and we're aiming to have apartment-style housing in Patch 3.4. The moving feature will come after that. As part of our future plans, we'll be making enhancements to our current server structure to support things like housing and expansions to the Armoury Chest.

So, yeah... sadly, we won't see the apartments til later this year. (And, also sadly, being able to move is left to the nebulous date of 'sometime in the future'.)

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Melkire - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 12:18 AM)LiadansWhisper Wrote:
(05-11-2016, 11:22 PM)ExAtomos Wrote: I'm happy they are adding more houses, but I REALLY wish SE had added the apartments first. I would think that would alleviate the mad dash for housing this time. Sad

I'm actually surprised they're not adding both. I thought they were going to. In fact, I thought they were prioritizing adding the apartments. >.<

They mentioned months ago (in a Live Letter I think?) that they were going to be adding additional wards, manor apartments, and Ishgardian wards in that order.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - Kage - 05-12-2016

Something to note is that in the Live Letters they haven't mentioned "Ishgard Wards" since about the November Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIV if we look purely at the digests.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIII
Q: I really love the scenery in the new areas. Do you have plans to introduce a housing ward in Ishgard?
A: We’ll first implement a feature to automatically relinquish unused houses in order to increase the availability of land. In parallel, we’re also working on quality of life improvements for the extended wards. Once these are complete, we’re move onto optimizing the servers so we can increase the amount of furnishings that can be placed in houses. Without taking care of these first, players won’t be able to transfer their houses without relinquishing their existing house first, and this also creates a situation where it leaves an unused house. We'll be progressing with this one step at a time, and will be gradually applying changes from Patch 3.1 onwards. The Dragonsong War hasn't ended yet, so it’ll take some time before we can add a housing ward in Ishgard.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXIV
Q: Are you planning to expand housing in the future? I’d really like to enjoy the content geared towards players with houses such as company crafting and expeditionary voyages.
A: I mentioned this before, but we’d first like to get rid of the houses that are no longer being used by players and we’re currently working towards freeing up land in this way. We’re planning to add this feature in Patch 3.1, so we’d like players to build their houses on the newly freed up land. As a next step, we’ll be making a feature that allows you to move locations, and we’re looking into either increasing the amount of land or creating a housing area in Ishgard around the same time this feature is ready.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVI
Q: Auto-reclamation for housing starts this month, but can you tell us if there will be any future additions of plots?.
A: We'll be increasing the number of plots for existing housing areas in Patch 3.3. After we expand those areas, we'll add apartment-style housing in Ishgard areas afterwards, starting with one apartment-style building which will hold about 512 residences. We’re also planning to make chocobo stables available for use to residents of apartment-style housing. Gardening patches are still proving somewhat difficult, but we’re currently developing new “planter pots” that will allow gardening.

As per demand, we are also looking into the prospect of increasing the number of indoor furnishings which can be placed in residences.

Letter from the Producer LIVE Part XXVIII
Q: The number of members in my free company have increased, so I've been thinking about buying a new L-size house, but I'm wondering if I should wait for the moving system. Could you tell us about this feature and when we will see it in game?
A:Just as I mentioned on a previous occasion, we'll be adding land in Patch 3.3, and we're aiming to have apartment-style housing in Patch 3.4. The moving feature will come after that. As part of our future plans, we'll be making enhancements to our current server structure to support things like housing and expansions to the Armoury Chest.

It's possible they don't have plans for Ishgard Wards or... backburner.... or whatever. It hasn't been mentioned in the Live Letter Digests since November 2015.

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - ExAtomos - 05-12-2016

(05-12-2016, 09:37 AM)Kage Wrote: we'll add apartment-style housing in Ishgard areas afterwards, starting with one apartment-style building which will hold about 512 residences.

If the door to said apartments is in the Brume, I dunno if I'd laugh or cry. Probably both. xD

RE: 3.3 Housing Updates - LystAP - 05-13-2016

(05-12-2016, 09:46 AM)ExAtomos Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 09:37 AM)Kage Wrote: we'll add apartment-style housing in Ishgard areas afterwards, starting with one apartment-style building which will hold about 512 residences.

If the door to said apartments is in the Brume, I dunno if I'd laugh or cry. Probably both. xD
All the rich adventurers will move into the Brume, driving up home prices and pushing out the poor peasants. Gentrification in Ishgard. New Patch: Riots of Ishgard.