Hydaelyn Role-Players
3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV News (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates (/showthread.php?tid=16114)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Shoshopu - 09-26-2016

My theory is that it'll work out like FC housing, where when the last page fills up, a new one is made. I mean, apartments seem like they're basically communal FC private chambers anyway.

edit: Okay... maybe not. Maybe all the rooms and all the wards have to be full before it adds more?

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - CrimsonMars - 09-27-2016

So it seems like owning an apartment is a lot less hectic than we anticipated with a good number of them on Goblet aren't even full yet as of this post so if you're still interested in owning a room, you still have plenty of time. I've yet to check the other residential areas thoroughly yet though but it seems like we were worried for nothing. Big Grin

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Shoshopu - 09-27-2016

The subdivision where d20's house is and the ward where my and Fyrilsunn's shared house is have full apartments, but I've not checked all the Mist wards yet.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Parvacake - 09-27-2016

(09-26-2016, 03:32 PM)Shoshopu Wrote: edit: Okay... maybe not. Maybe all the rooms and all the wards have to be full before it adds more?

They've already spoken about being able to easily add more apartments when needs arise. Contrary to what some believe, it doesn't sound like it will automatically refresh once everything else is full with new spaces. Though it's much easier to implement more apartments then more housing because it requires less resources to do and is just a singular instance rather then ward->sub->housing->private chamber.

Added: plus, even FCs have limits for members. You can't have more private chambers in an FC house then there are members. Though it's in the hundreds, its still a limit so pages will only be created until the limit is reached.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Ruran - 09-27-2016

(09-27-2016, 01:18 PM)CrimsonMars Wrote: So it seems like owning an apartment is a lot less hectic than we anticipated with a good number of them on Goblet aren't even full yet as of this post so if you're still interested in owning a room, you still have plenty of time. I've yet to check the other residential areas thoroughly yet though but it seems like we were worried for nothing. Big Grin

Here's to hoping that there will be space in the Mist in a few hours, after I get home from work. <_< I picked up a spot for Ruran, but I would really like to get a space for my alt as well.

Overall, I'm very satisfied with how apartments have been handled. It's great to see so many people be able to get one! Even better that they weren't all snapped up within the hour, allowing people to have a (mostly) fair chance at obtaining one. Hoping that they maintain this momentum and open up new spaces when the rest fill up!

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Niteshade_Rune - 09-27-2016

at about 11am I saw several openings in the Mist and managed to land one myself

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Cynel1 - 09-28-2016

Well i was able to snag an goblet apartment without any trouble yesterday.

RE: 3.3 & 3.4 Housing Updates - Valence - 11-11-2016

Here we go, seeing PF advertising selling apartments on Balmung.