Hydaelyn Role-Players
Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Final Fantasy 14 (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=41)
+--- Forum: FFXIV Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=12)
+--- Thread: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? (/showthread.php?tid=16132)

Pages: 1 2

Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Seriphyn - 05-12-2016

Everytime I log into the game after a few days into HW zone and hear that music, I say to myself...

Twelve above, I wish I could play Heavensward for the first time again

I play every type of video game (from Stellaris to Witcher 3), and Heavensward 3.0 MSQ was up there as one of my finest video game experiences. I would give anything to purge my memory of it and play it once over.

I mean, I suppose there's an alt, but it's not the same! 

i cry now

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Cato - 05-12-2016

I do, yes. I may very well invest in an alt at some point in the future simply so I can play through the 3.0 stuff once more...though like you stated it won't be the same as it was when experiencing it for the first time. It was also a vast improvement over 2.0's storytelling as far as I'm concerned...and 2.0 was already fairly decent when compared to what most other MMO's offer in terms of their stories.

3.1 and 3.2 were much shorter by comparison but they still managed to grip me. I suspect 3.3 will be the same. I'm also hoping that when we eventually hit 4.0 that expansion will go above and beyond even what 3.0 gave us. Especially in terms of character development, intrigue and morality.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Warren Castille - 05-12-2016

Moogles.

MOOGLES.

Once was enough.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Enla - 05-12-2016

While there are certain zones I certainly do NOT miss, Moghome being the biggest offender, I do miss the sheer joy and wonder I had at experiencing the story for the first time. I've been pretty vocal about my disappointment with the 2.0 storyline and how 2.1-2.55 only somewhat rectified my many issues with it, so coming into a new plotline that seemingly fixed most of my issues and gave us an engrossing story as well was almost magical. I can only hope that the next updates continue that feeling of wonder and that 4.0 does so as well, as no matter how much I desire it I won't ever be able to experience HW for the first time again... I remember things in games too well to even passingly attempt it.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - V'aleera - 05-12-2016

Very little can compare to exploring new areas, especially places like Ishgard which were subject to tons of speculation beforehand. I imagine Ala Mhigo will be a similar experience.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Aaron - 05-13-2016

Heavenswards story was top notch, loved almost everything about it.

But I'll be damned if you make me unlock flying in the Sea of Clouds again. Fuck that place and Moghome.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Valence - 05-13-2016

I wouldn't say I find Heavensward story top-notch, far from it, but it was solid and nice enough, especially compared to the bland 2.0-2.4 (except for the end assault of 2.0, but heh, what would we do without Garlemald).

And it got half ruined by the amount of stupid secondary quests everywhere. Sidequests are cancer.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Lloyd Whitewolf - 05-13-2016

(05-13-2016, 03:36 AM)Valence Wrote: I wouldn't say I find Heavensward story top-notch, far from it, but it was solid and nice enough, especially compared to the bland 2.0-2.4 (except for the end assault of 2.0, but heh, what would we do without Garlemald).

And it got half ruined by the amount of stupid secondary quests everywhere. Sidequests are cancer.
...Moogles *Shakes fist*

But seriously, Heavensward had an alright story, the dragons were kinda cool, running the dungeons the first time around was nice, but we really need an in-depth epic story, and I hate to say that; In my head I keep referencing (to myself) what a great story Chains of promathia was and how much I'd love a grand scale of a story like that one in FFXIV

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Roelle Riviere - 05-13-2016

*holds up protest sign reading MOGHOME GO HOME*

55-57 is so damn tedious. They really need to just...make the MSQ for that range worth more experience. Maybe boost the experience gained in Aery, or something. I did get the impression reading an interview one time that I can't be bothered finding again that they may have kinda regretted some of their design decisions in that zone, so here's hoping lessons were learned for the future.

Other than that, agree 100%. Getting into Foundation that first time and hearing that soft piano soundtrack was magical. Didn't even mind the onerous task of unlocking flying in every zone, even if having currents tied to random side quests is a bit obnoxious.

(05-12-2016, 08:26 PM)Seriphyn Wrote: Stellaris

*high five*

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Gabineaux - 05-13-2016

As a raider I miss coil. I miss coil's story and most of all coil's music. Laugh

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Dracyn - 05-14-2016

To be honest...I found the entire story lackluster...I rather play the last half of 2.0 again. The part from Titan to the Castrum attacks. So intense so...nostalgic. Felt like something out of FF6 (my personal favorite FF).

From 2.1 to our current patch it feels like they tried to ride the Game of Thrones train and did a bad job of it.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Edgar - 05-14-2016

(05-12-2016, 08:54 PM)Warren Castille Wrote: Moogles.

MOOGLES.

Once was enough.

Moogle Kupo!Moogle Kupo!  Moogle Kupo!

[Image: putting-gun-to-head.gif]

Moogle Kupo!Moogle Kupo!  Moogle Kupo!

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Kallera - 05-08-2017

I'm going to miss the victory fanfare. I like it even over the victory fanfare at the end of an instance.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Arashin Kujqai - 05-08-2017

At the time I was still a dragoon lover and going into the thick blizzard of Western Coerthas just felt amazing. I loved that I couldn't see too far in front of me and that the map was so large with new elements, fates, monsters. Overall I'm hoping I get that same feeling again from one of the new maps coming in stormblood.

I think my excitement will come from seeing fates based around garlean mechs and troops everywhere, so it'll really sink in that we'll be liberating an area.

Back to HW though, I think my best memory was just walking the entire road length of the dravanian hinterlands. The music in the day time there is beautiful, the map is beautiful, Alex... and probably my favorite thing is that there was no aetheryte. It made getting to it harder and more tedious than others but without an aetheryte, it didn't feel like it had a "central hub" to it like most others do.

If anything, I hope in the future we get more maps like that one but with a nicer way to get to them that doesn't centralize where you begin/end in the map. Anything to make the open world more vast and new feeling like entering Western coerthas the first time.

RE: Anyone else "miss" Heavensward? - Literal-Ghost - 05-10-2017

There was a certain feel to Heavensward where everything was shiny and new, and I enjoyed it all, but I'm looking forward to new content with music that isn't just another lietmotif of the Ishgard theme, Heavensward, or Heroes.

Not that the HW expansion didn't have a lot of music that was its own thing (I love the music for the Vanu Vanu and the Vath, and hoooooly damn, do I love Azys Lla), and not that I don't love those themes that get played off of a lot, but I'm ready for something different and I'm looking forward to getting out of Coerthas.