Hydaelyn Role-Players
Overwatch Thread - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Off-Topic (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=42)
+--- Forum: Off-Topic Discussion (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=14)
+--- Thread: Overwatch Thread (/showthread.php?tid=16225)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5

RE: Overwatch Thread - V'aleera - 05-24-2016

I play Mercy a lot. Cause I'm bad at aiming under pressure.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Gegenji - 05-24-2016

So much Lucio love and I like it.

Lucio's my main go-to. Pleez upvote 4 droppin phat beetz. Though I'll use Symmetra as healer on Defense just because I really like using the tiny turrets to just annoy the enemy.

If I have to take up a tank spot? Winston's kinda been growing on me. Leap around punching things. I totally want to Reinhardt charge someone off a cliff a la L4D2, but I make do with Lucio's knockback blast well enough in that regard. Though that's more TF2's Pyro airblasting.

Otherwise I play Widowmaker or Torbjorn. Kinda wish I was better with Reaper, too, since he's pretty self-sufficient. Need to remember he can teleport, though. Just like I have to remember Lucio can wall-ride in places other than spawn. XD

RE: Overwatch Thread - Caspar - 05-24-2016

I played it during the beta. I don't think I'll buy it but if my friends get really into it I'll pick it up.
It's pretty fun though. The characters that I liked were Reinhardt, Genji, Zenyatta. I played around with McCree too.

I'm sort of waiting for UT. Traditionally, in an FPS, I will almost always favor fighting at point blank range because I'm a bad shot, lol. Therefore, I felt Reaper would suit me, because he has spreading bullets and an ulti that reminded me of my old mainstay Kat from LoL. But he felt weird to use.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Gabineaux - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 09:45 PM)V Wrote: I play Mercy a lot. Cause I'm bad at aiming under pressure.

I tried this. But I sit there with a yellow beam on someone and I'm like, is the hp going up? Is the hp the same? I DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOING ON HERE.

I'm not a shooter gamer. I got the game for free from a friend. I am damn awful at it.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Faye - 05-24-2016

(05-24-2016, 11:37 AM)JudicialHunter Wrote: Pharah and Mercy are my wives.

I want the game so bad but there's a convention this weekend and I must refrain!
Animazement why

You're going to Animazement, too? :O

Alsooo I'm playing on PC. Battle tag is Dchan#1628 if anyone wants to add me. I usually play with RL friends or FC mates, but sometimes I'm stuck alone and it'd be nice to have folks to play with.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Steel Wolf - 05-25-2016

Tried it during the open beta weekend. I like it, but not really enough to buy in - not with the modes out now anyways. Also, I feel like such interesting and well-developed characters are utterly wasted on a game type like this.

Still...fun to watch. And Zarya, Mei and Pharah are mai waifus.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Fox - 05-25-2016

Absolutely love it, I got into the closed beta and played through to open beta. I ended up purchasing the CE edition.

This being said I am not really an FPS person at all, but I really loved the character designs and the lore.

My favorite team to play?

Lucio*, Reinhardt, Mei, and eh... Offense I guess Reaper.

I tend to play Lucio and Reinhardt the most, a lot of people don't play these classes so I get to play my fav. character who is Lucio so it makes me happy. My S.O. plays a lot of JunkRat.

And ah, if anyone wants my btag feel free to send me a private message. I wouldn't mind playing with other friends.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Faye - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 03:03 AM)Foxberry Wrote: My S.O. plays a lot of JunkRat.

My boyfriend plays Junkrat constantly and now hearing his voice lines makes me want to scream.

"Stop me if you've heard this one before" ALL DAY.

I HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE.

LET ME STOP YOU.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Fox - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 03:08 AM)Faye Wrote:

My boyfriend plays Junkrat constantly and now hearing his voice lines makes me want to scream.

I HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE.

LET ME STOP YOU.

Lol yeah... Mine's going to be cosplaying him for Blizzcon. So I feel you there.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Heidrek - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 03:08 AM)Faye Wrote:

I HAVE HEARD IT BEFORE.

LET ME STOP YOU.

FIRE IN THE HOLE

(shoutout to Junkrat as a former Demoman main in TF2)

RE: Overwatch Thread - Sylastair - 05-25-2016

I started playing and tried Hanzo, and I am hooked. I shoot dragons at people like it's going out of style.

RE: Overwatch Thread - Kellach Woods - 05-25-2016

(05-25-2016, 12:26 AM)Steel Wolf Wrote: Still...fun to watch. And Zarya, Mei and Pharah are mai waifus.

Why did I know you'd go for Zarya.

I just like the reversal of fortune aspect to her gameplay. "OH YOU HIT MY SHIELD. IN SIBERIA, SHIELD HITS YOU!"

RE: Overwatch Thread - Kodie - 05-25-2016

I played Pharah a few rounds last night and she is awesome.

Also I am a little bummed not going to Animazement, hope you all are going to Otakon

RE: Overwatch Thread - Cato - 05-25-2016

I caved in and bought it last night so I could play it with a friend. It's pretty fun, I think - which is surprising given that it isn't my usual genre of choice. I haven't tried many of the characters yet but I've been sticking with Soldier 76 since I like how he looks when he's made to be blond.

He's fairly simple where his abilities are concerned but I like that. I focus on strategy and covering fire so being able to sprint and throw down a heal whilst shooting from behind cover is pretty good.

RE: Overwatch Thread - JudicialHunter - 05-25-2016

(05-24-2016, 10:47 PM)Faye Wrote:
(05-24-2016, 11:37 AM)JudicialHunter Wrote: Pharah and Mercy are my wives.

I want the game so bad but there's a convention this weekend and I must refrain!
Animazement why
You're going to Animazement, too? :O

Alsooo I'm playing on PC. Battle tag is Dchan#1628 if anyone wants to add me. I usually play with RL friends or FC mates, but sometimes I'm stuck alone and it'd be nice to have folks to play with.
Whoa, yes, I am! We should say hi sometime if we can find each other!

I'm on PS4, under the same name (JudicialHunter) if anyone wants to add me for when I eventually get the game.