Hydaelyn Role-Players
Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Printable Version

+- Hydaelyn Role-Players (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18)
+-- Forum: Community (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=8)
+--- Forum: Making Connections (https://ffxiv-roleplayers.com/mybb18/forumdisplay.php?fid=35)
+--- Thread: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS (/showthread.php?tid=16406)

Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Riven - 06-12-2016

I know it's a bit late given the recent patch and all, but

Highlight for spoilers
Show Content

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Sylastair - 06-12-2016

(06-12-2016, 05:19 PM)Riven Wrote: I know it's a bit late given the recent patch and all, but

Show Content
I tried this a little while back but I never really got it off the ground due to a lot of other things on my end. You know I am suuuuper behind it XD If you choose to or need help, lemme know!

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Teadrinker - 06-12-2016

I don't see this working due to different interpretations of the lore. At least not an IC one.

As far as OOC I think Ishgard RP might cover this more or less?

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - V'aleera - 06-12-2016

While not a bad idea, the concept is very niche which brings with it some particular challenges. If your goal is to stimulate dragoon roleplay and facilitate interaction between dragoon roleplayers, you might instead consider creating roleplay events catered specifically toward that kind of character.

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Silmanos - 06-12-2016

There are certain road blocks with such an idea as said already due to different interpretations of the lore. Though there is a bit of a lore thing in the side quest. That said if a Dragoon specific LS is started I wouldn't mind jumping in as long as everything is done right, meaning everyone joining would have to come to an agreement on lore points to avoid conflict. My character is on the older side and he just retired from the Order following the events of 3.3 so he is in a transitional period.

Show Content

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Coatleque - 06-12-2016

As someone sitting on a Paladin linkshell for the past 2 years, I give you my full support. However, be prepared for the following:
- Lots of activity/interest right this minute. Dragoons are t3h new h0tn355.
- A dead linkshell in a few months when everyone moves on or realizes it takes work to stay dedicated to a single ideal.

Best of luck to you.

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Valence - 06-13-2016

Just out of curiosity... different lore interpretations? How is that?

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Teadrinker - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 11:01 AM)Valence Wrote: Just out of curiosity... different lore interpretations? How is that?

I think it's fairly self explanatory but basically, one person thinks X is fine while other person thinks X isn't a thing in the lore.

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Valence - 06-13-2016

Obviously, but what is it about here?

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Teadrinker - 06-13-2016

(06-13-2016, 12:23 PM)Valence Wrote: Obviously, but what is it about here?

Discussion of that would end up derailing the thread and I don't really feel this is the venue to bring up the differing viewpoints. If you'd like, send me a PM about it.

RE: Thinking about starting a dragoon LS - Cynel1 - 06-13-2016

thats one LS i would like to sign up for.